Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CasualScrub

Doomworld is full of old cranky curmudgeons.

But I love it anyway. <3

No but for real, just felt like saying that I think Doomworld is one of the better online forums I've been a part of, even if a sizable chunk of its base can be contrarian "they don't make 'em like they used to" knuckleheads. :P I'm mostly joking.

I appreciate you guys more than other places like the ZDoom forums and the Doom subreddit especially. You guys make this place fun to be around.

I like everyone in the community. I don't discern between the various communities, because they all have amazing folks of their towns.

Frankly that's how i see Doom anyway. A nice little hub full of similarly minded people who care about slaying demons, enhancing them through source ports, or eat ice cream with the Mancubi, vanilla flavor.

1 hour ago, Redneckerz said:

I like everyone in the community. I don't discern between the various communities, because they all have amazing folks of their towns.

Frankly that's how i see Doom anyway. A nice little hub full of similarly minded people who care about slaying demons, enhancing them through source ports, or eat ice cream with the Mancubi, vanilla flavor.

I share your opinion, @Redneckerz. I've always enjoyed your posts. Also, didn't you work on Endless' WADazine?

I'm something of a guest in this community, but it has a nice feel for the most part. I appreciate the energy in keeping DOOM alive and kicking over the years.

It's still an alright place, especially when looking at other places and where they ended up, goodness... Love you too 😉.

2 hours ago, CasualScrub said:

I appreciate you guys more than other places like the ZDoom forums

Why tho?

>old cranky curmudgeons

The term you're looking for is boomer.

boomer.jpg.7290565cf556bd269a8d32a446d9b388.jpg

3 hours ago, CasualScrub said:

But I love it anyway. <3

No but for real, just felt like saying that I think Doomworld is one of the better online forums I've been a part of, even if a sizable chunk of its base can be contrarian "they don't make 'em like they used to" knuckleheads. :P I'm mostly joking.

I appreciate you guys more than other places like the ZDoom forums and the Doom subreddit especially. You guys make this place fun to be around.

Absolutly agree.

21 minutes ago, E.M. said:

>old cranky curmudgeons

The term you're looking for is boomer.

Hey, I'm not that old!

*Shakes walking stick*

A long time ago I once said I felt young and old at the same time.

Now I feel older cuz I see new people making very similar threads and it bothers me inXide

37 minutes ago, Endless said:

pic

We'll see about that, mister!!!

This place is one of the best corners of the almighty Internet, which has devolved for the most part into a putrid sea of excrement. Aside from a handful of pious sjws, whom you get pretty much everywhere nowadays, every person on here is a wholesome human being.

And in a few years we will have a slayers players making remember when ripping and tearing.

1 hour ago, Firedust said:

Aside from a handful of pious sjws,

Really? Which users would you consider as that?

4 hours ago, seed said:

Why tho?

I've taken issue in the past with some of the users on the ZDoom forums, particularly some of the mods/admins, and I just think it's less welcoming overall for some reason. I don't hate the place, I'd just rather be here most of the time.

Old

b...

Cranky

th....

curmudgeons

... shit. Can't argue it. Can't argue it at all. 

5 minutes ago, HQDefault said:

Yo what the fuck is a curmudgeon

It's a type of fruit grown only in England. Juicy and somewhat bland, but pretty easy to peel with your hands if you know what you're doing.

There's going to be those kinds of people no matter where you go.

Here, though? Listen, I'd go as far as to say every single person with an account on this site has an "Old Cranky Curmudgeon" side, no matter how miniscule it is. Everyone. It's true! 30 year old boomer city, enjoy your stay.

I can still do flying kicks!  Actually a triple flying kick in at least two different ways and sometimes a flipping axe kick.

ZDoom forums uninviting? I think they have a huge list of rules (that almost no one reads) compared to here, but I have never felt that the rules kept me from being myself on the ZDoom forums/discord. Maybe the discord is a bit disorganized but I still wouldn’t say it’s not inviting necessarily. 

Doom Reddit is Reddit. I think you either learn to love it or you just ignore the site altogether. I think of it as YouTube-only it’s just the comment section on roids. It isn’t for everybody. 

With that said, I agree with you otherwise. I love this site a lot and it’s my favorite Doom site. I think everyone here will have their disagreements with each other with anything outside of loving Doom you could think of (that’s not an exaggeration either tbh), but they all have the common love for Doom and that seems to be why everyone is here and because of all the great people it keeps us coming back.