Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Duk

Are there any M31 M32 replacements that are good?

I've been searching for any map replacements for Doom II of *just* the two secret levels. I can't find anything. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I can find a lot of individual levels but usually it's Map 01 or the Icon of Sin battle or a random bunch of maps.

In all seriousness, I've never seen any other exclusive map31-32 wads. I don't think they exist. That's why I suggested teeth.wad even though it's pretty bad. If you already have the master levels, you can try it. If you don't, your money would be better spent on something else.

I don't think there are any notable wads that replace *just* those two maps, but if you find two maps you want to replace them with, you could compile your own pretty easily with a small amount of knowledge about the Slade editing tool and how wads work. If you want something that feels like a natural fit, I would suggest m31 and m32 of Doom 2 the Way id Did, which are based on Commander Keen instead of Wolfenstein.

There are a really good amount of stand alone pwad maps that could easily fit on map 31 and 32, and even inside vanilla limits.

I recommend Hell's Eventide and Congestion Control, vanilla masterpieces and really challenging maps.