Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomduck12367

What is the most loved doom demon

Cacodemon is definitely the most iconic. All the Doom demons are pretty legendary at this point, but the Cacodemon is the "icon" of Doom, so to speak.

I’d argue it’s the Baron of Hell. It’s used in practically every game (though D3 just used Hell Knights) for advertising purposes as it is one of the big baddies besides the cyberdemon that is easily remembered because it was the first boss(es) in the shareware of the original game, and was one of the first demons you would’ve seen had you only stumbled onto the box art. 

The pain elemental is the only enemy in doom that doesn't punish the doomguy for giving hugs, so on account of the pe being the most huggable demon I would say that it is my most loved demon. 

On 10/31/2020 at 8:37 AM, Doomduck12367 said:

And yes i know noone really like the doom demons but this is just question so don't be mean

This is an excellent question -- even makes up for the incorrect placement -- and no one should bully you for asking it. I'd say people actually love the Doom demons. Most of them at least... some just don't have many fans.

The cacodemon is definitely #1. Has a lot of stuff like the hissy plush and mods like Pet the Cacodemon and great OCs like Caco-chan.

I'd put the arachnotron and the imp behind it.

55 minutes ago, Fonze said:

The pain elemental is the only enemy in doom that doesn't punish the doomguy for giving hugs, so on account of the pe being the most huggable demon I would say that it is my most loved demon. 

I think the pain elemental sucks to be honest, they just keep spawning lost souls and are more annoying than a threat to be honest.

22 minutes ago, jghfugg29833 said:

I think the pain elemental sucks to be honest, they just keep spawning lost souls and are more annoying than a threat to be honest.

But the pain elementals never actually directly hurt anybody; they just are here to spread their love all around: in the rooms, in the halls, outdoors, and sometimes through the walls! They are the true pacifists of doom. 

Just now, Fonze said:

But the pain elementals never actually directly hurt anybody; they just are here to spread their love all around: in the rooms, in the halls, outdoors, and sometimes through the walls! They are the true pacifists of doom. 

LOL that sound dirty

I've always been partial to the Cacodemon: it's just such a jolly demonic presence. It seems like a really nice demonic presence to have a night on the town with. And the sound it makes when I kill it... makes me feel bad whilst in game sometimes :p.

But now I've clicked <rd>'s links and found this little gem by Nankakurashiki and O LOOK AT THE PAIN ELEMENTAL with its tiny little arms and SMILING!

853476042_tumblr_pxkg7kFXPN1uwi6g0o2_1280(1).png.231abd756aa4ea8b6da881c3586465f9.png

Cacos and pinkies :-)

i always thought the pinkies were really cute as a kid and think they would make a nice pet :-)

On 11/13/2020 at 11:49 AM, Doomkid said:

Cacodemon is definitely the most iconic. All the Doom demons are pretty legendary at this point, but the Cacodemon is the "icon" of Doom, so to speak.

Quite literally, as the desktop icon of various PC releases, and for the XBLA version of Doom

Yeah, it's the cacodemon. Always has been, always will be. The arachnatron is pretty cute as well, but it's nowhere near as iconic as the cacodemon. Plus, while the brain looks perfectly huggable, I think those metal legs and that plasma cannon might get in the way.

Cacodemon just looks like a big huggable ball of joy, and he's always got that great big friendly smile on his face.

The pain elemental always just kind of reminded me of a bitchy lunchlady, or playground monitor. In elementary school. Maybe there was some kind of subconscious connection I made there that I forgot about.

11 hours ago, Jello said:

The pain elemental always just kind of reminded me of a bitchy lunchlady, or playground monitor. In elementary school. Maybe there was some kind of subconscious connection I made there that I forgot about.

Reminds me of Hugo Martin (or was it Marty Stratton?) describing the DE PE as "a crotchety landlord" or something like this.

Personally, I always loved the Revenant. Always fun to fight, spookiest enemy, and just funny looking when it walks. The Arachnotrons deserve more love tho

Cacos have a great smile, Revenants are just fucking funny, and Arch-Viles are unique and interesting, also really scary.