Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Hansen

[release] Bond of hatred

Amazing, pal!
Love the visuals of those screenies.
Gonna play it when i had a little time ;)

But where is the download link?

Thanks @P41R47, I hope you like it. The link is there. I forgot it the first time but added it a minute later. Try refreshing the page :)

Just finished it and i honestly liked it i lot ,really nice visuals and engaging gameplay.I haven't played any of your maps so i guess i will also give them a try since i enjoyed this one quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, Chris Hansen said:

there's over 20 years of my Doom levels there.

Damn, i didn't know that you had made so many maps.Thank you for the website guess i won't be running out of single doom maps in quite a while

Hehe! I guess when you've been around as long as I have then you kinda turn into a part of the furniture. At least that's what someone once described me as. Part of the strength of this community and this site in particular is that new people keep on joining or returning and us oldies are just quietly sitting here in the corner doing what we've always been doing as our beards grow longer and longer until it eventually gets stuck in the table!

3 hours ago, Chris Hansen said:

A very typical level from me.

Oh yes, just the way I like it.

Died fighting the spider mastermind because a bunch of barrels lifted down just in front of me. Nevertheless, it's a great WAD.

This was great fun. I loved the layout, design and progression. Combat is fluid, fun and not too hardcore or overwhelming, but had some solid traps and some unique balancing while using mostly low-tier demons. Visually, it's stunning. It feels very much at home as an E4 map save for a relentless difficulty curve which makes for a nice change of pace. Slick, gritty, eerie and a blast to play through. Fantastic work, Chris. I love it. :^)

We need to get the boys in on this one: @Clippy @Soulless @TheNoob_Gamer @Zolgia108 @Suitepee @Horus @CamperLv @mArt1And00m3r11339 This one's awesome guys, come play!

Edited by Biodegradable

Nice map, have a fda bondhate_gaspe_fda.zip

I liked the clean look and moody lighting, plus the custom palette worked very well. The small tech details were a nice touch to add to the E4 castle theme. There's an imp that got stuck inside a sector at the courtyard near the RL, not sure how it got pushed there but maybe the infighting caused it.

Thank you for the video @Biodegradable! That was very enjoyable to watch.

@gaspe Thanks! I've seen that Imp problem once or twice before but couldn't find out what happened so I thought the issue was resolved. Strange...

Just started playing but I quickly got stuck behind the raising platform in front of the Baron wall close to the beginning. I sat there for a few minutes thinking it was a trap but I guess not. 

Otherwise fun so far!

Here's one more demo (WIP) that you may find interesting ;-)

(Demo has been removed. Watch my post on page 2 to watch the full version)

Edited by Dimon12321

Just finished watching the demos. Thanks for taking the time to record and post them! There were some good moments in there. I especially liked the plasma stunlock that @tourniquetdid to the SM! That was brutal! :D @Dimon12321's is short, but damn he's one accurate s.o.b! Very cool. @gaspe's is just pro and smooth.

3 hours ago, Btyb88 said:

ust started playing but I quickly got stuck behind the raising platform in front of the Baron wall close to the beginning. I sat there for a few minutes thinking it was a trap but I guess not. 

Otherwise fun so far!

Damn, I'll fix that. A long with the Imp that seems to more often than not act like a mole and hide in the rocks! Grrrr.

3 minutes ago, NaturalTvventy said:

Nice map :) Thanks for sharing.

You're very welcome. Thanks for playing!

2 minutes ago, Chris Hansen said:

@Dimon12321's is short, but damn he's one accurate s.o.b! Very cool.

If you're planning to stay here for a while, I'll try to finish the map tomorrow. 

Thank you @Dimon12321, but there's no rush. I'm super tired and have to go to bed soon. Being a middle-school teacher requires a lot of alcoho.... I mean, rest.

Great map, didn't die at all until that ending and it took me a million attempts lol. But I didn't want to give up on this great map. @Biodegradable wow you got it on the first try and I wish I rationed my cells!

Still processing give it a few mins

Imp setting its inner mole free but forgot how to dig out from underneath so it stays stuck forever, poor thing :( 

Good fun as always from yours. I really like that palette you've been using lately, the slightly less saturated colours and red in particular give a different appeal that I can't explain in words how I feel about it, just that my eyes are pleased. Please make more (:

Bond of Hatred

Ultra-Violence mode || GZDoom || EVP

*Deaths: 0

*Saves: none

Screenshot-Doom-20201102-061151.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201102-061209.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201102-061215.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201102-061242.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201102-061310.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201102-061449.png

A really fucked up map, although with an interesting architecture, which I like a lot, because if it has a lot of detail that makes it worthy of the 4th episode of the first Doom, it has areas of a lot of lava, with really narrow areas, with places that have different I adorn a lot of meat and human viceres, maybe? With places full of blood both on the walls and on the floor, platforms to walk on, traps that smash things, and a very uncomfortable combat zone at the end, due to the fact of having barrels on the pillars that serve to protect yourself, it really has things that I liked and others that I just did not appreciate properly, but overall, I found it entertaining, although not as fun as I expected.

Regarding the difficulty, this is where it stands out, although one would think that it should not be a great challenge because of simply having Doom 1 enemies, the truth is that, whatever the case, the Hitscanners still They are still a problem, since, by not having enemies such as the Chaingunners, this is replaced with Shotgunners, and something is true, both the Shotgunners and the Chaingunners are a damn annoyance, due to the fact of quickly draining the health and armor in a matter of seconds, after that, we have the rest of the enemies in this game, the Imps, the Pinkys, the Cacodemons, the Lost Souls, and finally the Barons of hell, all of them placed in different areas but that They become a big problem if they are too clustered, such as the area before going with the Spider MasterMind, where they all appear together in one place, if you do not have the appropriate weapons or the necessary ammunition, the Marine will suffer the consequences As of all these horrible beasts, but luckily for many, we have the cell weapon, that this weapon, apart from saving your ass when you don't have ammunition from other weapons, is the only weapon with which you can kill the Spider MasterMind, disgracefully, is not an easy task due to the fact that the platforms go up and down, making it difficult to cover this huge creature, and it is less feasible to cover yourself with enough barrels that are on top of these pillars, anyway with distracting the boss with some Imp that is attacking him, he takes just time to assassinate her in full distraction with many shots from the Cell weapon.

10 hours ago, Clippy said:

Great map, didn't die at all until that ending and it took me a million attempts lol. But I didn't want to give up on this great map. @Biodegradable wow you got it on the first try and I wish I rationed my cells!

Still processing give it a few mins

Thanks! Haven't had time to watch the whole video, but so far it's been really interesting. Funny how differently people play a map yet some things are the done the same way. As always this is very useful for a level designer when making the next map!

9 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Imp setting its inner mole free but forgot how to dig out from underneath so it stays stuck forever, poor thing :( 

Good fun as always from yours. I really like that palette you've been using lately, the slightly less saturated colours and red in particular give a different appeal that I can't explain in words how I feel about it, just that my eyes are pleased. Please make more (:

That damn Imp... hmm, still trying to find a solution, but I can't always replicate the circumstances that'll make it happen. I'm gonna keep trying. Glad you liked the level (and the palette)!

@ElPadrecitoCholo: Thank you very much for the thorough review, much appreciated!

if you run into the corner where the green armor rises out of the floor you can get stuck behind it, potential softlock