Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EnragedEggplant

2048 Units of /vr/ demos [-complevel 9 (clean) -complevel 11 (dehacked)]

Let's start a thread of 2048 units of /vr/ demos.

Links to the wad on idgames

Clean version with no dehacked guns - https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/2048vr_v1.6

With dehacked guns - https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/2048vr_v1.6g

Requires -complevel 9 for the clean version and -complevel 11 for the dehacked gun version.

To start things off, here's a Tyson demo for map01. Time is 4:19.

2048vr_v1_401t419.zip

Edited by EnragedEggplant

Hadn't heard of this wad until seeing this thread, so thanks for bringing it to my attention! I don't have any demos at the moment, but it looks to be the sort of thing I might enjoy. Worth noting that while the clean version recommends -complevel 9, the DeHackEd guns version recommends -complevel 11 (for the rocket trails I guess? I didn't notice any other difference trying it with cl9).

2 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

Hadn't heard of this wad until seeing this thread, so thanks for bringing it to my attention! I don't have any demos at the moment, but it looks to be the sort of thing I might enjoy. Worth noting that while the clean version recommends -complevel 9, the DeHackEd guns version recommends -complevel 11 (for the rocket trails I guess? I didn't notice any other difference trying it with cl9).

Thanks for pointing that out, I will rerecord the DeHackEd gun demo, because -complevel 11 somewhat affects infighting.

12 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

I hope you like it, for many of us it's our first real serious mapping effort, and we're pretty proud of it.

Finally sat down to watch these demos, the Tyson one is pretty cool, the last part must have been frustrating, having to fistfight a bunch of Knights and Barons. I like the Pacifist one a lot, particularly with how you exit at the very frame the Archie's hellfire strikes you.

Well done. I don't think I have a pacifist run in me, I'm completely unused to that kind of playstyle, but maybe I could record something else later.

Map31 UV-Speed in 0:17, normal exit. Initially, I was going for UV-Pacifist, but getting the red key mancubus killed is easier said than done, so I gave up after 150 attempts. Killing the blue key mancubus is not required, because the platform is big enough to grab the key with the mancubus alive.

2048vr_v_1_431-017.zip

Map13 UV-Pacifist in 1:13

2048vr_v1_6g13p113.zip

My first DOOM run of any kind (first run on any game ever actually lol), did it because this is my favorite map on the whole wad.

edit: changed the file for zip format because that was recommended for me... I thought it only needed to be compressed in general, my baaaad!

Edited by Savarin

Map13 UV-Pacifist in 0:52.74

2048vr_v_1_613p052.zip

Edited by Luleta : i wrote 0:57 instead of 0:52 because i confused it with my previous PB LOL

1 hour ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, please don't include the 2048EX_v1.4.wad file in your command line unless you are running that extra maps wad. It's not going to affect this upload, just FYI for the future.

oh crap! i used a launcher and i forgot the EX wad even existed, the launcher launched them automatically D: my bad!

10 hours ago, Luleta said:

oh crap! i used a launcher and i forgot the EX wad even existed, the launcher launched them automatically D: my bad!

Shouldn't affect the compat, I think.