Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danidf96

Any weapon packs that aren't overpowered?

I can't help but feel that many weapon packs  mods look good, sound good but sometimes "ruin" the gameplay by adding stupidly powerful mechanics, Project Brutality and Guncaster come to mind.Not saying that those mods are bad by any means BUT I'm looking for weapons mods that modify the gameplay in a not so extreme way. My examples of mods like this would be Final Doomer, High Noon Drifter or more recently Naku-Naru. Or even some more vanilla-esque mods like gothic weapons.

2 hours ago, danidf96 said:

I can't help but feel that many weapon packs  mods look good, sound good but sometimes "ruin" the gameplay by adding stupidly powerful mechanics, Project Brutality and Guncaster come to mind.Not saying that those mods are bad by any means BUT I'm looking for weapons mods that modify the gameplay in a not so extreme way. My examples of mods like this would be Final Doomer, High Noon Drifter or more recently Naku-Naru. Or even some more vanilla-esque mods like gothic weapons.

I'm also curious if there are any mods like Gothic Doom, I love those skins! Glad to hear I'm not the only person who took note of it, it seems to have went under the radar. The weapons/monsters might be simple reskins, but they work very well in dark wads, I last used it with Coffin Curse and Hellbound.

1 hour ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I'm also curious if there are any mods like Gothic Doom, I love those skins! Glad to hear I'm not the only person who took note of it, it seems to have went under the radar. The weapons/monsters might be simple reskins, but they work very well in dark wads, I last used it with Coffin Curse and Hellbound.

By Gothic Doom do you mean the map wads?

I thought NeoCore was pretty well balanced. It leans a little too hard into rendomization, but other than that it has a very refined gameplay loop.

And yeah, over-the-top power fantasy mods just don't do it for me. They tend to make my brain just blank out and I get nothing put of it.

There's lots of them, you even named some.

If you like Guncaster but find it too easy just use the damage sliders in the menu. Lower your output to .10. Now your hand cannon is weaker than Doom's pistol!