Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

New avatars...what the heck!

So it seems like everyone and their grandmothers step-child is getting new avatars or custom avatars or something, what's up with that, did i miss something??like a new easy way to create avatars, or library editions..or.. And another thing, for some reason or another I think I am always the last person to reply to a thread, (excepting the ones i create, which I'm still the last to reply to). why are all the threads i visit D.O.A.?

this has puzzled me for quite some time.

Uhh, so what's the point of this thread? And why is it in general?

(BTW I have DOA'ed a few threads, but no biggie.)

250 posts gets you a custom avatar, but it has to be 36x36 pixels or less and doomworld.com doesn't host it for you. I stuck mine on my site.

Nanami said:

...doomworld.com doesn't host it for you.

You can actually upload a custom avatar. There is a "You can upload an avatar from your computer:" option just underneath "You can enter an URL of your avatar:". I think this is a fairly new feature.

Grazza said:

You can actually upload a custom avatar. There is a "You can upload an avatar from your computer:" option just underneath "You can enter an URL of your avatar:". I think this is a fairly new feature.

Oh yeah, I remember now. I just remember reading on the FAQ that they wouldn't host it for you or something.

Nanami said:

250 posts gets you a custom avatar, but it has to be 36x36 pixels or less and doomworld.com doesn't host it for you. I stuck mine on my site.

Ermm.....'(The latest on the Grind project at... Oh yeah, I don't have a website.)'

Once you have 250 posts you can use a custom avatar, which you must upload to a location and URL to in the custom avatar box.

magikal said:

Ermm.....'(The latest on the Grind project at... Oh yeah, I don't have a website.)'

Yeah yeah! =P I'm too lazy to make a site for my Doom stuff. My site is just for uploading random pictures or dumb little HTML things. Anyway, if I had a real site what would I put on it besides my Doom wads? And I can put all that stuff here on the forums. =)

I'm too lazy. I know HTML and all but I'm too lazy to find a neat background and stuff...

/me PMs ravage about a site for the Grind episode stuff.

my avatarr is teh l33t i will nevar change it!!!111

No, but seriously, I like mine. =)

I've grown accustomed to mine, the only time I'll change it is to put up a neon variation of teh fox. Maybe, if I can shrink it without fucking it up. :P

Spam, and you'll never hit that 250 mark. I can ensure that for you. So don't even bother. :)

ravage said:

I've grown accustomed to mine, the only time I'll change it is to put up a neon variation of teh fox. Maybe, if I can shrink it without fucking it up. :P

I used Adobe Photoshop to shrink mine, it works great.

ravage, your avatar... some-one's probably already asked you this, but eh...
a furry fish? That's... well... disturbing.

I might temporarily add something funny or Christmassy to mine. Perhaps a Hammond Organ (so it looks like he's playing it) or a big Xmas present. Or maybe not.

I could also make it more authentic (i.e. invulnerability wearing off) by making the negative frames greyscale.

Yes, it seems like I'll never hit the 250 mark - kind of screwy too ya know - people from "10/02" have well over 250 and I've been here since "6/02", I just got past the 200 point. Wahoo.

m0l0t0v said:

I was going to apologise to IMJack, but then I realised that would only be cheap way of making an extra post :-)

Do that ONCE more and I will have your post count reset to a very small number indeed...

Hmm... Suppose someone has over 250 posts and is using a custom avatar. Then they're post count gets reduced to below 250. Would that avatar be removed automatically or would it stay as it is?

-the agression against M0l0t0v's posts-

Come on, don't be hard on M0l0t0v, he's a ok-guy and he was obviously just kidding around. He's no spammer. :-(

Grazza said:

I might temporarily add something funny or Christmassy to mine. Perhaps a Hammond Organ (so it looks like he's playing it) or a big Xmas present. Or maybe not.

Now I'm tempted to add Christmas hats to my girls. =)

I wish the mods were this aggressive on G4TV's forums. The reward for a post count of 1500 on G4 is a custom title, so the site is overrun with punk-ass kids with over 2000 posts inside of 2 weeks. When you hit them up about spamming, every one of them to the last person swears up and down they don't spam. Then I see them create a post just to say "That's cool" or "Wow!" every 30 seconds. The worst is the forum brown-nosers, who would be given mod status for kissing ass instead of being judged on their ability to be fair and impartial. The result became a bunch of corrupted mods who would only mod those they disagreed with, while allowing their friends to get away with murder. When my brother complained to them about the biased modding behavior, they immediately banned him out of sheer spite. So we began making emails and phone calls to their corperate offices and they quickly backed off and apologized. Since then, my brother and I both left the site's forums out of disgust and contempt anyway.

FirebrandX said:

I wish the mods were this aggressive on G4TV's forums. The reward for a post count of 1500 on G4 is a custom title, so the site is overrun with punk-ass kids with over 2000 posts inside of 2 weeks. When you hit them up about spamming, every one of them to the last person swears up and down they don't spam. Then I see them create a post just to say "That's cool" or "Wow!" every 30 seconds. The worst is the forum brown-nosers, who would be given mod status for kissing ass instead of being judged on their ability to be fair and impartial. The result became a bunch of corrupted mods who would only mod those they disagreed with, while allowing their friends to get away with murder. When my brother complained to them about the biased modding behavior, they immediately banned him out of sheer spite. So we began making emails and phone calls to their corperate offices and they quickly backed off and apologized. Since then, my brother and I both left the site's forums out of disgust and contempt anyway.

I'd like to see some of those assholes here. Then it'd be my utmost pleasure to ban their asses if they did something really stupid.

I see your point, but I just meant that M0l0t0v has only made 243 posts since his registration back in 11-15-01 (0.62 posts per day). It would be a bit unfair to treat him like a spammer.

Isn't there a note on the forums FAQ telling that it is silly and unnecessary to quote a previous post when answering it (even one going two posts back, really)? It makes much more sense to type Username, etc. If there isn't one it should certainly be added...

I used to not quote anyone at all until someone complained about it. Even if it was one or two posts behind me. =/ So now if it's more than two posts behind me, I quote it. But I try to cut it down to be smaller than their whole post so it's not a gigantic copy; just so you get the idea.