Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BetaMarine

Weakpoints aren't a problem, the visual hints are.

Ok before anything lets start off with this. All I told you right now is that there's a demon called a Mancubus. It is a projectile based enemy and it's attacks can be tampered with by shooting off a weak-point. After that i show you this image.

gbrc3l1bkeg31.png.2c011be9a0ca5b801276896f865a0171.png

where do you think the weak-points are? Obviously the first thing you'll see is the fact that it has 2 large cannons on it arms. But wait, what's this?

Weakpoint.PNG.6c28a5425770b0538f6032a8bbab4ec1.PNG

it looks like a heart and from my experience in watching movies, getting shot in the heart hurts. So should i shoot it? is that the weak-point? nope its not lol. This could easily be fixed by removing that whole heart thing entirely making us focus more on those blasted hand-cannons. I mean the og Mancubus didn't even have a heart (boohoo).

After that, i tell you more demons have weak-points, so i show you 2 pictures of demons, one of which has an actual shootable weak-point.

20200928135757_1.jpg.984791f5523c98c1a6c71d274a740b83.jpgs1xn0o6zmyl41.jpg.5901a71beeaaa6e4db69450d455218ef.jpg

is it the Revenant or Mecha-zombie? At first glance you'd think the Mecha-Zombie's arm is a weak-point, similar to the Mancubus's arm cannon, but nope it isnt. Its the Revenant. How does anyone know that at first glance? The only thing telling us this is tutorials. So here in lies the problem with DE's weak-points. Mechanically, they are a fun addition to the game making you do an extra bit of thought in your slaughter. The problem is.......

Inconsistent Demon Design (or something idk).

All of this can be fixed without making the demons look edgier btw, just shit like removing the heart thing from the Mancubus or have the Mecha-zombie's arm cannon look dissimilar to the Mancubus's. In-fact i'll suggest removing the arm cannon entirely, what if he just shoots projectiles from his arms? idk. Just something i thought about.

But, like you said, the game outright TELLS YOU what to shoot. They even stop the gameplay to explain the weakpoints to you, the first time you face an enemy that has a weakpoint. You can't possibly be confused as to what to shoot unless or ignore or arrogantly skip the tutorials.

Its up to the player to remember where they are and act accordingly during battle. This just sounds like petty nitpicking, as anyone whose actually played and beat Eternal would say even attempting to hit the points is a minor inconvenience at best.

11 minutes ago, NPC_CO8ALT said:

But, like you said, the game outright TELLS YOU what to shoot. They even stop the gameplay to explain the weakpoints to you, the first time you face an enemy that has a weakpoint. You can't possibly be confused as to what to shoot unless or ignore or arrogantly skip the tutorials.

Its up to the player to remember where they are and act accordingly during battle. This just sounds like petty nitpicking, as anyone whose actually played and beat Eternal would say even attempting to hit the points is a minor inconvenience at best.

I’m playing the game on nightmare, im at Super-Gorenest, so ye ik how the fucking game works. Making the weak-points more visually noticeable would help make the game more accessible. I personally don’t give a fuck whether the weak point is pretty fucking obscure, I just want casuals who complained abt it to shut up abt the damn weak points by giving a solution which is “shoot here you dumbfuck”. Y’know?

On 11/5/2020 at 6:59 AM, BetaMarine said:

I just want casuals who complained abt it to shut up abt the damn weak points by giving a solution which is “shoot here you dumbfuck”.

If those casuals couldn't follow the really direct, short tutorials exactly, there's no hope for them... I'm pretty casual and never once mistook it. In fact, I'm only just now realizing the Mancubus has that heart thing. I'm too busy looking at its arms

gonna be honest, I can extrapolate from a single tutorial prompt "here's an arachnotron. he fucking sucks, but he sucks much less if you can blow up the bigass gun" that "if a demon has a bigass gun, you can shoot at it to break it" which is basically what all weak points are. The game is brutally honest that the "weak point" is basically always a bigass gun. The mecha-zombie's arm, on the other hand, isn't a bigass gun, it's a little blaster, so I wouldn't expect to be able to shoot it.

On 11/5/2020 at 3:59 AM, BetaMarine said:

I’m playing the game on nightmare, im at Super-Gorenest, so ye ik how the fucking game works. Making the weak-points more visually noticeable would help make the game more accessible. I personally don’t give a fuck whether the weak point is pretty fucking obscure, I just want casuals who complained abt it to shut up abt the damn weak points by giving a solution which is “shoot here you dumbfuck”. Y’know?

Casuals are going to casual. No amount of visual hints are going to make those types of players stop complaining about anything and everything. The game tells you where the weakpoints are with video examples. You can't get more obvious than that. 

5 hours ago, Super Mighty G said:

Casuals are going to casual. No amount of visual hints are going to make those types of players stop complaining about anything and everything. The game tells you where the weakpoints are with video examples. You can't get more obvious than that. 

It just shows how no matter how idiot-proof a dev makes their game, things will always slip through the cracks because people refuse to read or be taught things.