Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cipherz Gaming YT

Need help with something in UDB

I'm currently using BDv21 right now to make a campaign with, but when I'm using the waterfall textures, it doesn't have an animation? Need help with this, and thanks!

Screenshot_Doom_20201105_134211.png

Are you creating your mod for "vanilla" DooM (i.e., doom/2.exe), or is it for a source port? In vanilla DooM you'd need to replace an existing animated texture that has the same number of "frames" as your waterfall texture. If you're using a ZDooM-derived source port you can use the ANIMDEFS lump to create completely independent animated textures. Incidentally, you would need a resource editor, such as SLADE 3 to insert your ANIMDEFS lump; Ultimate DooM Builder does not support resource editing.

You will need a resource editor (see my post above) to check if the waterfall textures have animation. Again, please refer to my post above regarding ANIMDEFS.

If you simply imported textures from another source (such as a wad) you might have missed the "instructions" (e.g., ANIMDEFS) for the animation. If your source for the waterfall textures came with an ANIMDEFS lump, use SLADE3 to copy that lump into your wad. If it did not come with an ANIMDEFS lump you will need to create one. The process is fairly simple, but shout out here if you need help.

On 11/7/2020 at 8:58 AM, ReX said:

You will need a resource editor (see my post above) to check if the waterfall textures have animation. Again, please refer to my post above regarding ANIMDEFS.

If you simply imported textures from another source (such as a wad) you might have missed the "instructions" (e.g., ANIMDEFS) for the animation. If your source for the waterfall textures came with an ANIMDEFS lump, use SLADE3 to copy that lump into your wad. If it did not come with an ANIMDEFS lump you will need to create one. The process is fairly simple, but shout out here if you need help.

Ok, I'll have to do that.