Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GraphicBleeder

Mod that restores original music to GZdoom?

Hello Doomworld. Now, I use GZdoom as my main source port, and after playing the unity edition I noticed how much better the tracks sounded, compared to GZdoom's rendition of the music, is there a mod or fix to restore the music to GZdoom?

The tracks for Doom and Doom II in the Unity-wrapped port are OGG recording from an SC-55 (basically what Bobby Prince composed the Doom soundtrack on). You can find them in Doom 2\rerelease\DOOM II_Data\StreamingAssets\Soundtrack and Ultimate Doom\rerelease\DOOM_Data\StreamingAssets\Soundtrack.

What you can do is simply to put all these files in a zip, call it something like "music.pk3" and load it in GZDoom, and it'll play them instead of the MUS lumps.

Alternatively, get familiar with GZDoom's wealth of MIDI playback options and try to find a synth+soundfont combo that you like. There's been plenty of soundfont topics here.

20 minutes ago, Gez said:

The tracks for Doom and Doom II in the Unity-wrapped port are OGG recording from an SC-55 (basically what Bobby Prince composed the Doom soundtrack on). You can find them in Doom 2\rerelease\DOOM II_Data\StreamingAssets\Soundtrack and Ultimate Doom\rerelease\DOOM_Data\StreamingAssets\Soundtrack.

What you can do is simply to put all these files in a zip, call it something like "music.pk3" and load it in GZDoom, and it'll play them instead of the MUS lumps.

Alternatively, get familiar with GZDoom's wealth of MIDI playback options and try to find a synth+soundfont combo that you like. There's been plenty of soundfont topics here.

Thanks dude. I'll do that.

Update: It worked.

Edited by GraphicBleeder