Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UltraViolenceX

Ultra's Nightmare & Violence City (2 Maps)

Edited the post and updated links... Hopefully editing doesn't bump this post. Plz don't bump. PLZ

Hey there! I run a YouTube channel on which I upload Doom videos but that is not important. I've always had an interest in making Doom maps so quite a few years ago I began dabbling in GZDoom Builder (later swapped to Ultimate Doom Builder). I made a couple of videos of me playing my own maps and some people in the comments asked for me to upload them somewhere so that they could play them! So here they are :)

775671203_UltrasNightmare_01.jpg.525d19666110e94f0732fb98f5d078ae.jpgViolenceCity_01.jpg.be123929019f1688146fd9f18482102b.jpg

IMPORTANT:

Violence City SHOULD work in Zandronum, but I would just use GZDoom.
Ultra's Nightmare will only work in GZDoom.

Because I am a total SCRUB I don't know how to compile textures into a single file along with my map... So you have to load the texture packs along with the maps :(
I unfortunately don't care enough or have the time right now to want to learn how to do this properly, so yeah. This is just how it is.

There is a "For Mods" version you can download which has jacked up monster spawns. It's intended to be used with crazy weapon mods for extra spice.

Load order for each:

- Ultra's Nightmare

- OTEX

- GOTHICTX

===

- Violence City

- GOTHICTX

DOWNLOADS:

Ultra's Nightmare
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RFEdYma2pe3XfvypSirceB2d3dho7m3e/view?usp=sharing
Ultra's Nightmare - For Mods
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-kOiysTaCaral0ohUYOhPP8D8DXyCxDx/view?usp=sharing

Violence City

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eEPuJuu-URdgXqcPlmevk5hxrZnw_j2z/view?usp=sharing

-----------------

Violence City was the first map I ever started and completed. I developed it over the course of probably a year or two because I just never liked anything I made. Eventually something stuck and I went from there! It's supposed to be set atop some massive skyscraper but ya know I kinda just did random stuff with it lol... Why is there a parking lot so high up off the ground? Not sure!

Ultra's Nightmare was the third map I made and a lot better than the first (technically speaking). It features multiple songs that change throughout (Andrew Hulshult IDKFA and Dragon Ball Z songs :D) and some text to give some story elements. The story essentially involves the player being possessed by the Doom Slayer's spirit in their sleep. 

I began working on Ultra's Nightmare a while after being recruited in the Refracted Reality project. The kind people in that project helped me learn to script, so this map features actual scripts that I made unlike the first, so that's pretty cool!

What happened to the second map I made? Well, we don't speak about that map... It just didn't work out :'D

Edited by UltraViolenceX

2 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

@Bridgeburner56 You should check these out, fam. Much more your speed than mine. Beautiful meaty maps

Bridgeburner if you see this, I would greatly prefer if you only played Ultra's Nightmare. Don't waste your time with the other map which is the first I ever made lol. It's extra scrubby.

1 hour ago, Rex705 said:

From the screenshots and the little bit that I have played they look pretty sweet.

Thanks man I appreciate it. Also appreciate you going through the effort to load the texture packs since I'm sure not many mappers make people do that around here

I'm really not cut out for these giant maps with close to 1000 demons, so I couldn't finish either of them hehe I get overwhelmed rather easily with this style of maps. I did play a fair bit of Violence City and I can say I did enjoy the amount I did play, man. Your texture work is top-notch and b-e-a-utiful. Hopefully, you'll get more people, especially those who like big chunky slaughtermaps, to give it a whirl. I tagged the Bridgeman and hopefully some of his disciples from The Hellforge will follow. 

1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

I'm really not cut out for these giant maps with close to 1000 demons, so I couldn't finish either of them hehe I get overwhelmed rather easily with this style of maps. I did play a fair bit of Violence City and I can say I did enjoy the amount I did play, man. Your texture work is top-notch and b-e-a-utiful. Hopefully, you'll get more people, especially those who like big chunky slaughtermaps, to give it a whirl. I tagged the Bridgeman and hopefully some of his disciples from The Hellforge will follow. 

The Ultra's Nightmare map shouldn't be so bad with monster count. There are probably a lot of monsters overall because it's long but there are only two slaughtery areas I think. Would definitely recommend playing with some kind of weapons mod if you just want to blast through them ;) 
Appreciate it tho, thank you!