Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

First pics from Descent into Hell (part 2)

Erfungina?? Heh, nice.

Doom_Child said:

what port is that your useing. the modles are blocky

JDoom--3d models.

The only problem I see in the models is the barrels with that weird white lampshade look they get occasionally. I like Jdoom tho - it kicks ass. The weirdness in the barrels could be the model - or it could be my shitty 8 meg ATI card. Don't really know.
Either way - for those who took the time to play Descent into Hell - level 1 - http://www.doomwadstation.suhost.com/descent.html
and thought it was maybe just a little too easy even on Ultra-violence, I stated more than once that it was just the warm-up level. Don't expect me to be so kind this time around.
:-)
You are all in for a rude awakening on level 2.

Actually, it's because you are using Cheb's models, which have a decidedly bland appearance. Try using Abbs Alternate models for both weapons and items. You'll get people drooling instead of bitching, trust me.

FirebrandX said:

Actually, it's because you are using Cheb's models, which have a decidedly bland appearance. Try using Abbs Alternate models for both weapons and items. You'll get people drooling instead of bitching, trust me.

Yeah I would go along with that, they're a definite improvement. Nice work though.

I look forward to killing stuff in your new level. And yeah, check out abbs pack, it's pretty bad-ass if I do say so.

so where do I get abbs packs?

[edit by Katarhyne because I am too dumb to edit my own posts]
Ok, never mind - I shoulda checked the Jdoom site before asking a stupid question like that...
duh
I'll check em out - thanks guys[/edit]

Hee hee, yeah I realized later I should have put a URL to abbspack when I posted that...but I'm lazy. So yeah, good luck with the level with NEW ABBSPACK MODELS! WHOOO!

Well, unfortunately, the links to those packs weren't working when I tried to get them. I'll try again later.
In the meantime - Here are some new pics to check out. I already have gotten ALOT of work done on it today and more to come. :-)
Its gonna be killer I think.

Nevermind about Abbs alternate models. I found out some people are offended by them because they are patterned after HL models. Didn't know people were so touchy about that, so it's my bad.

Well, its just about finished. I'm tweaking the monsters/weapons/health/difficulty stuff now. Go to the page for more updates and a NEW set of pics. :-)

Brad I suggest getting a new video card, an 8mb is obsolete to today's standards..

Well, while this is very true. I am a father of 3 children and 4 step children and I can't just step out and pick up a $200 voodoo card to replace my crappy ati card.

/me pats his totally super 1337 GeForce 4 Ti 4600

Dude, send the level my way, I'll take some good screenies. I don't use the hud weapons, just enemy models.