Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

I need help finding my own images on this forum

I really didn't want to have to make a thread like this, but I give up.

So I want to search for all posts by me in the "Post your Doom picture (part 2)" thread, containing either images and/or links. Unfortunately, I'm not 1337 enough to operate the search engine to go after these specific parameters, so here I am, begging the general public to find my own content.

Specifically, I'm looking for classic Doom style Doom 3 TITLEPIC, M_DOOM and SKY1 images that I had created and posted a while back.

Go to that topic, and search the topic for either Blastfrog or Sodaholic. While it doesn't actually link the posts made by you, it does link responses to you, which may at least help you to narrow it down. Why the option to find "all posts by user X in thread Y" doesn't exist I don't know, but this should at least be some help.

1 minute ago, Doomkid said:

Go to that topic, and search the topic for either Blastfrog or Sodaholic. While it doesn't actually link the posts made by you, it does link responses to you, which may at least help you to narrow it down. Why the option to find "all posts by user X in thread Y" doesn't exist I don't know, but this should at least be some help.

Thanks, but I've already tried that to no avail. The only sensible way to do it is to see all posts by me in that specific topic, short of that, I'm basically screwed unless I wanna spend many hours on end looking through either all of my posts or all of the posts in that topic, and I am simply unwilling to invest that time into what should be a simple search.

Either the forum's search engine is incapable of doing what I need it to do, or it does not expose the options I need in its GUI. Perhaps there's something I could put into the URL to better specify my search parameters?

This may not be too helpful of a tip, but as a couple last resorts perhaps you could up the number of responses per page to its max (assuming you can still do that with the new forum software) then "find in page" your name relevant to the time frame of each page. I believe you can also look at all of your posts in your profile, so perhaps you could use that to narrow things down so you only have to sift through your own posts, which you can narrow down based on time frames relative to other posts if you can remember anything about when you posted them. From there if you can remember any word you used in the important post(s) you can "find in page" that keyword and shorten things further.