Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

Clippy new Doom 2 speedmap - Boats - small challenging map give er a try

Get it here http://www.levelgame.net/doom/bost.wad

It's a short map with little wooden boats in it. It's a bit of a crude speedmap I made it in 4 hours, not even expecting to. Just got the spontaneous mapping bug

I wanted to join the Boaty McBoatface challenge but I wouldn't be allowed to use standard textures so I just wanted to do it my way haha

Some screenshots cause ppl seem to be into those

image.png.9b661ad3076183b22f924f851ceca01f.png

image.png.3e8d51167f8163b7e0030668d8ef9be7.png

image.png.73b9d92024712b9e56c9a580e96c4386.png

Gzdoom or zdoom or higher class port such as this recomended

All difficulties implemented and multiplayer - it's prolly a 5 minute job, 10 tops

I just wanted to create something so I hope it's short and sweet

Gimme a shout with your thoughts thanks everyone

This is the fastest I've made a map that I consider acceptable

Get it here http://www.levelgame.net/doom/bost.wad

Looks very nice, i will download it but now i have no time to play, hope this will be really epic wad.

Also I forgot there's a story synopsis if that will make it more fun

You inherit your uncle's musty old small wooden boat warehouse, you feel like king of the world until you realize your uncle hates you and you're now trapped in an old wooden warehouse filled with not just wooden boats but 

monsters

the answer is monsters

Boats (The original name that the map has is really long):

Ultra-Violence mode || Zandronum || Vanilla_Redux

*Deaths: 0

*Saves: none

Screenshot-Doom-20201109-162217.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201109-162212.png

(Who is the dolphin next to you?)

Screenshot-Doom-20201109-162221.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201109-162231.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201109-162241.png

(I got the Super Shotgun a little late when the party was over...)

Screenshot-Doom-20201109-162258.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201109-162415.png

Spoiler

Screenshot-Doom-20201109-162328.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201109-162705.png

As is tradition, Clippy uploads content, I quickly get to see what's good, haha.

Well, first of all, I can say that the map is really cool, interesting, and in a certain way creative, because of the different places that there are, even though it is a very small map, it has a really good visual aspect, among which, the boats that there is in all the water, haha, and I think I can't say more about the map and its structure, it's something simple but really good, so let's move on to the difficulty. And the difficulty is the strength of this map, to be small, it deals with enemies that give a good fight in the main area, and others that only serve to spend bullets absurdly, among the enemies present here we have the Hitscanners, Imps, Hell Knights, Revenants, Arachnatrons, Barons of Hell, Archviles, Pinkys and finally, a huge Cyberdemon, and all this must be fought in a small space, it may be difficult to achieve, but it is not impossible at all so It is just a matter of making a good strategy to avoid spending a lot of ammunition, and applying Infighting with the Monsters themselves, that way you can survive all this violent situation. I really enjoyed this map a lot in every second that passed, the battles were intense because of how uncomfortable it was not to have much space to shoot, but luckily, I managed to manage to make the monsters fight each other, gather enough ammunition, and kill to the Cyberdemon with shots from the shotgun, Chaingun, and the Rocket Launcher, and everything was simple without the presence of the Cyberdemon. As always, a very good Clippy map, and I hope you make some excellent Wads in the future.

@ElPadrecitoCholo thank you so much for the review, I was going for short and challenging - just wanted to make something simple and quick. I made one quick change, the blue key door is fatter now so the spiders can chase you further

39 minutes ago, Clippy said:

@ElPadrecitoCholo muchas gracias por la revisión, iba a ser breve y desafiante, solo quería hacer algo simple y rápido. Hice un cambio rápido, la puerta de la llave azul es más gruesa ahora para que las arañas puedan perseguirte más

@Clippy You're Welcome partner, And boy did you manage to make a very entertaining map though it was short and challenging, hehe, and I will keep that detail very much in mind next time I play the map again.

This is a very neat speedmap!  Creative as always.  Some fun boats and a helpful cyberdemon.  Arranging all the infighting while dodging rockets was good stuff.  I only found one of the two secrets, sadly.

I have no idea when the cacos got released since they just seemed to hang around in the stairwell for a while.  Maybe they don't have enough room to maneuver?

@ClippyGave this a shot! It's a very nice map, quick but challenging. I died only a couple times all due to the Cyberdemon, but eventually got a UV-Max single-segment run of the map. This is basically a semi-blind run, figuring out what the other secret was.

The music seems a little out of place for a classic Doom game, but I liked it nonetheless.

It's fun and simplistic, that's all I gotta say. As you would say, "Good Times".

If only you put one more enemy in it...

Phwoar mate, very cool and very tough. Made it more difficult for myself for using Zagemod, but that's my cross to bear lol. It's a pretty good speedmap, fam. Your creativity and out-of-box approach still shines through even on a tight deadline. Well done ;^)

@Salmon thanks for playing I am glad you had fun with the concept. The Cacos are released when you approach the boats with rocket launcher / rockets in em. I never had them get stuck but if they jam up the steps the player will still have to encounter them

image.png.b1b6816ff3100639e2d55b6f43d8f2b4.png

@Dunn & Dunn thanks for the video, good job! The music is the instrumental for "I'm on a boat" by the lonely island - live their funny music and I always have to make my maps a bit silly somehow haha. The instrumental actually sounds awesome to me, here is the original 

@Biodegradable Thanks for your video as well. I never play mods or map with mods being considered but you still pulled it off! The water looks cool in your vid. I had a lot of fun making this and wasn't expecting to complete it and release it in 4 hours or so. I didn't want to dedicate myself to making a full on map right now. Always look forward to your vids thanks again

image.png

14 minutes ago, Soulless said:

Nice little map buddy, perfect for crazy speedruns, which I tried!

This was AMAZING. you made this look like a joke and destroyed any of my fastest times. Mad skills bro I always enjoy your speed runs 😲

This was beautiful and a treat to watch