Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

Where would you sleep in Doom?

Going with what Linguica said, I think I'd squirrel myself away in the secret chaingun room in E1M3. Sure, its a bit dank but its safe.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Reveal hidden contents

The crushing ceiling stays ON during sex

Finally, your partner is not the only one getting pounded.

Damn it, someone already said they'd sleep with John Romero's head. My next option is either the empty space outside the green armour room in E1M1, or maybe the Archvile's tiny closet in Doom 2's Map11? 😳

In E1M1 I'd very silently turn left to the chainsaw and sleep there at the corner, hidden. Fuck that demon shit.

I’d bring a tent, sleeping bag and some smoke to Map01 of Earth.wad. Those crashing waves make for a really nice view.

earth01c.png

I originally considered a deathmatch map - no monsters around to cause trouble, right? But then I had a horrifying thought: when a deathmatch occurs, do marines just teleport into those maps and start blasting eachother? It would be pretty awful to wake up to SSG fire, only to die a second later, being mistaken for a willing participant in the bloodbath... no thank you. For peace and sleep, I’ll remain in single player turf, thank you very much.

what a wonderfully weird question.. I would build my own doom level for this purpose

TrinusVR is f*cking amazing and also works with cardboard

Edited by CBM

I love this thread. I would definitely sleep in the opening torch room of E4M4, very cozy.

Protip:
If you sleep at the exit room you can check after you wake up how many hours you slept by pressing the switch right after you wake up and check the time it took to beat the map ;)

On 11/11/2020 at 9:53 PM, SOSU said:

Protip:
If you sleep at the exit room you can check after you wake up how many hours you slept by pressing the switch right after you wake up and check the time it took to beat the map ;)

Well, have I got the perfect bed for this!

I choose the bed at one of the exits of sheer poison.

DOOM25.png.7f9f6b6a3b2829b6b78872f6cb4912e3.png

Perhaps not the best place to go to bed at for a variety of reasons(not just because the map doesn't like you taking this exit :P), but it does fit the bill. Definitely would be more comfortable than trying to reach the other exit, though!

i'd probably lock myself in a room with a door that can lock

i'd probably be too scared to sleep though lol