Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The BMFG

What If Doom Was Real?

I think both Doom 3 and the recent DooM games can be taken as a reference point to how the demons would (and could) look and act in real life.

Both the imp in Doom 3 aswell as Doom Eternal for example could very well exist in the real world as I see them.

Zombies don't need much imagination as series like Walking Dead or games as The Last of Us have integrated these as almost a natural part of a doomed world scenario. 

If Doom were real I imagine something like Walking Dead series but with demons added to it. Next to all the moral dillemmas and human drama that humans would have  to face in such a world theres the added tension when a group of brave people go out to scavenge supplies, medicine, food, weapons, petrol etc. they might find something more then just zombies.

I imagine imps of all kinds and sorts imaginable using guerilla tactics on human prey, attacking in groups, mostly at night time. Abandoned hospitals, schools, workplaces etc. are infested with tumorlike growth and satanic portals.

Infact the very first level in Doom Eternal were you jump off on Earth from a metallic structure and you witness the scene of a destroyed Earth, with demons roaming and floating about through the ruins is in my eyes a very late and progressed stage of demonic takeover (also called the Hadean stage). An Earth thats most literally Doomed unless some saviour appears with godlike powers to save humanity.  The beginning stages would much more look like something you see in The Last of Us 2, with Seattle as a good example.

The demons are much more campy and sneaky in this stage. Theres alot of humans and human settlements still left that are trying to survive.

Children growing up in these settlements not knowing their dad got shredded apart by imps  in a dank  sewer somewhere while he was gone out with a small group to scavenge (those same imps being devoured by Cacodemons in some jungle later on). 

The UAC would be a thing in this world aswell , a hated corporation held responsible for all the misery and sorrow released upon earth as a result of their narcisstic greed to do unethical experiments on the Mars bases that went too far. Humanity, being lunged 100 years back in time due to the invasion can hardly find the tools or knowledge/focus necessary to regain space travel technology in order to reach the UAC bases on Mars, what with having to survive from a daily basis and all. The UAC scientists that are still on Earth are either hiding in deep underground bunkers/bases or are captured by powerful demons such as Arch Viles and held for ransom.

Alongside demons and zombies theres always the threat of murderers, rapists, thieves and bandits everywhere just like it would be in the real world when shit  hits the fan.

Something like the corona virus is a cute little baby kitten compared to the above scenario.

Edited by OniriA

Unfortunately, none of us are like Doomguy so.....

Unless the BFG were real.... we'd be dead.

Only chance of survival would be to take up a real shotgun and load up. It's the zombie apocalypse, but worse.

5 hours ago, Komenja said:

If the demons were real, I'd try to date one. And probably get eviscerated. Totally worth it

As if evisceration wasn't part of the deal.

I imagine the cyberdemon is about the size of a T-Rex. 

if Doom was real... we’d all be fucked. Most people can’t use a shotgun as well as the Doomguy, so they would be shit out of luck with all the other guns too. 

If Doom was real, you'd be able to run abnormally fast (at least as fast as a moped or small motorcycle) while carrying abnormally large amounts of weight in the form of guns and ammo on yourself.

Also, if Doom 3 was real, you'd find enormous fat zombie turds in Hell infested toilets.

If Doom was real, then we die, all of us.

Would I fight back? No, actually, if I could I'd join them.

1 hour ago, Yugiboy85 said:

A simple former human would kill us instantly. THE END

Cmon....at least vs a zombieman, even if armed just with melee weapons or bare hands, anyone in half-decent shape could at least attempt a full-frontal and take one down. Now, vs a sergeant...

As far as I remember, in some Russian Absurdopedia was mentioned, that John Carmack was a main engineer who created Gates to Hell for UAC. And when demons killed most people, Carmack, like the Serious Sam did in BFE, used the time machine to come back in 1990s to create a game which warns the Humanity to not to do this.

According to this, yes, Doom WAS Real. In future. We must prevent the Extinction.

As said in some old movie: "but the final battle would not be fought in the future. It would be fought here, in our present."

(LOL'D)

2 hours ago, seed said:

No, actually, if I could I'd join them.

Well you can join them thanks to lost souls and arch-viles, at the low cost of dying! 

Demons are too much for current humanity. They can teleport into places which makes the majority of human defensive tactics worthless.

2 hours ago, Maes said:

Cmon....at least vs a zombieman, even if armed just with melee weapons or bare hands, anyone in half-decent shape could at least attempt a full-frontal and take one down. Now, vs a sergeant...

Fair enough, an imp would kill us then, that sounds more likely. Or probably a former sargeant/chaingunner yeah 

4 hours ago, Yugiboy85 said:

Fair enough, an imp would kill us then, that sounds more likely. Or probably a former sargeant/chaingunner yeah 

An imp IRL would probably be at least as strong as a chimp, which in turn is at least 3 times stronger than a human male of similar size, and most smaller monkeys are no pushover, either. So I guess they now need to make a new "They will kill you" episode based on Doom monsters?

It's simple really-

346333333_Were_All_Gonna_Die_Banner.jpg.88ca1b09afa73a1480a94640c31772f1.jpg

But in all seriousness, here would be my action plan:

1- Pay very VERY close attention to military announcements for evacuation orders. The worst thing you can do in this situation is get left behind and on your own. Surround yourself with soldiers who know how to protect you.

2- If you can get your hand on a gun, your number 1 priority is a shotgun for close quarters. The Demons aren't especially dangerous from a distance, so you want to prioritize closer targets. But if you're lucky to get a second weapon, make it an accurate rapid-fire weapon, so probably some type of assault rifle. But this won't be as helpful if you don't have training.

3- Get the hell out of urban or suburban areas. Demons thrive in their nature of surprise. If you're caught inside, you're way more at risk because you have no idea where they could be coming from. Set up camps in open fields. Minimize their ability to use geurilla tactics against you. (This gives me an advantage because I live in the midwest :P)

4- Learn to enjoy the taste of demon meat.

19 minutes ago, HQDefault said:

Learn to enjoy the taste of demon meat

i ate a scorpion, so that would be no problem (i would imagine the meat to be tough and spicy, but filling as well)

On 11/10/2020 at 2:37 PM, Doomkid said:

On the topic of the Cyberdemon, assuming Doomguy is around 6 feet tall, the Cyberdemon would then be about 12 feet.

Only 12 feet tall? That seems a little short. 

24 minutes ago, Oldschoolgeek32 said:

If Doom was real and if they invaded earth, arch-viles and revenants would likely be my biggest fear 

*Archvile Alert Sound*

On 11/12/2020 at 2:32 AM, N1ck said:

Only 12 feet tall? That seems a little short. 

Then again Doomguy's eyes are set at 41 units (vs 56 units of sprite height), so the Cyberdemon (and most other stuff) appears taller than it is.

I was playing Doom 2 last night when I got to the final boss fight, but something was different, John Romero's head was gone, replaced with..... Mine?! I was sorely confused, when I shot three rockets into it when John Romero came out of my monitor and said:

"Doom in real."

And then I was a zombie.

1 hour ago, GraphicBleeder said:

I was playing Doom 2 last night when I got to the final boss fight, but something was different, John Romero's head was gone, replaced with..... Mine?! I was sorely confused, when I shot three rockets into it when John Romero came out of my monitor and said:

"Doom in real."

And then I was a zombie.

omfg is this a scary noodle story