Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

dsda-doom source port [v0.24.3]

58 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

Just curious, why was the translucency toggle removed? I assume it's still off for CL<8?

I don't even think that toggle works... because I used it quite a bit recently.

I posted about the translucency stuff in the dsda discord server a couple months ago, this is what I said from my testing:

Setting Translucency Filter Percentage to any value under 50 seems to make projectiles that use it completely invisible, regardless of whether Enable Translucency is True or False

and Enable Translucency doesn't really seem to enable or disable translucency either

edit: this was for OpenGL renderer, not software.

This is minor, but is there a reasonable way to fix this bug? I'm surprised it's still around.

Edit: does this port not support -pistolstart?

Edited by maxmanium

I've played around with the Hexen support a little, here's a few issues beyond the noted todos that I managed to find so far:

- None of the flechetes can damage the player when used

- Gravity-obeying mapspots have little glitter dot sprites, rather than being invisible.

- Some sensitive sector movement scripts seem to break. I tested out MAP20 of this thing I made almost two years ago, and the elevator (which comprises almost the whole map) didn't move all the way down. Probably has to do with the weird way I got it to move that long way down. The ACS source is inside the wad file in case it helps fix that.

I also can't seem to use inventory items when I bind the inventory use key to enter...

- Flechetes are damaging me. Maybe you had god mode on? Could you tell me the situation exactly?

- Will fix the glitter

- Interesting, the elevator lasts the right amount of time, but it's moving only half as much. I'll fix that one as well.

I remember this enter key issue, it's because there's an override in the source code that eats the enter key. I'll take care of this soon - for now you'll have to go with another key :^)

Thanks for the reports!

5 minutes ago, kraflab said:

- Flechetes are damaging me. Maybe you had god mode on? Could you tell me the situation exactly?

I tested again just now, I must've had god mode on. My bad!

-Disabling bobbing does not work.

-The strafe button somehow acts like a "use" button (only when using right mouse click?).

Video

config

Edited by El juancho

With the default mouse configuration you have to press the right mouse button twice to use. I believe it has always been that way, but, of course, it can be rebind.

4 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

With the default mouse configuration you have to press the right mouse button twice to use. I believe it has always been that way, but, of course, it can be rebind.

Oops, thank you for clarifying that

9 hours ago, kraflab said:

• Removed umapinfo demo header

sorry, what does this imply? Does this mean the DBP25 internal demos (recorded using PrB+um 2.5.1.17) won't crash the engine anymore? Will demos with headers crash the engine now, like headerless ones used to?

(asking because @rfomin helpfully provided me with headered versions of the aforementioned demos, and I really should update the /idgames version of DBP25 to an error-free version, so I would like to know what the best practice wrt UMAPINFO demos is now)

Jumping removed? Welp, there goes an idea for a map... Congrats on getting Hexen supported, though!

40 minutes ago, Xyzzy01 said:

Jumping removed? Welp, there goes an idea for a map... Congrats on getting Hexen supported, though!

I assume it's just for Heretic and Doom, since you really can't  jump in either of those games

That's what I meant - I had an idea to make a Doom map need Boom's jumping feature :P

This is probably a bit of a dumb question but is there any reason why the -turbo parameter doesn't work in DSDA? It doesn't seem to matter which percentage is specified, the game will just ignore it completely unless no percentage is specified in which case the player's speed is reduced to a minimum.

Has this parameter just not been integrated yet or is there another reason why it doesn't work?

38 minutes ago, Gregor said:

This is probably a bit of a dumb question but is there any reason why the -turbo parameter doesn't work in DSDA? It doesn't seem to matter which percentage is specified, the game will just ignore it completely unless no percentage is specified in which case the player's speed is reduced to a minimum.

Has this parameter just not been integrated yet or is there another reason why it doesn't work?

It works fine for me, so it's unusual that it wouldn't be working for you. What's the full command line with all the parameters you're running?

7 hours ago, Xyzzy01 said:

That's what I meant - I had an idea to make a Doom map need Boom's jumping feature :P

That wouldn't have worked well anyway, jumping only worked as a cheat and not while recording. But I expect jumping may be possible in mbf22 😉

10 hours ago, El juancho said:

-Disabling bobbing does not work.

Disabling bobbing is a boom+ feature as far as I know. Are you saying it's broken entirely, or that it doesn't do anything for hexen (which would be intended)?

9 hours ago, dmdr said:

sorry, what does this imply? Does this mean the DBP25 internal demos (recorded using PrB+um 2.5.1.17) won't crash the engine anymore? Will demos with headers crash the engine now, like headerless ones used to?

(asking because @rfomin helpfully provided me with headered versions of the aforementioned demos, and I really should update the /idgames version of DBP25 to an error-free version, so I would like to know what the best practice wrt UMAPINFO demos is now)

Headered versions had the problem that they would break in ports that don't support umapinfo, even if the demos ought to play back just fine. Now dsda-doom will strip off this header when playing back a demo (so it doesn't need to be there but it can be) and no longer creates demos with the header (so if you record a demo with a umapinfo wad it won't abort in crispy for instance).

22 minutes ago, kraflab said:

Headered versions had the problem that they would break in ports that don't support umapinfo, even if the demos ought to play back just fine. Now dsda-doom will strip off this header when playing back a demo (so it doesn't need to be there but it can be) and no longer creates demos with the header (so if you record a demo with a umapinfo wad it won't abort in crispy for instance).

The problem is that DBP25: Dead but Dreaming and Fork in the Road exit on demo reel with "G_ReadDemoHeader: Unknown demo format" error because they have built-in demos in old PrBoom+UM 2.5.1.17 format. We recently changed Woof to ignore these demos and not exit.

2 hours ago, kraflab said:

Disabling bobbing is a boom+ feature as far as I know. Are you saying it's broken entirely, or that it doesn't do anything for hexen (which would be intended)?

Okay, it only works in boom complevel :(, I would like it to work in all complevels, I also noticed that the transparency is disabled in many other complevels, you do this to make it 100% faithful right?

1 hour ago, El juancho said:

Okay, it only works in boom complevel :(, I would like it to work in all complevels, I also noticed that the transparency is disabled in many other complevels, you do this to make it 100% faithful right?

Yes exactly. It's not necessarily about faithfulness, but it is about having a consistent experience for people playing & competing.

11 hours ago, Shepardus said:

It works fine for me, so it's unusual that it wouldn't be working for you. What's the full command line with all the parameters you're running?

@echo off
start C:\Doom\PrBoom-Plus\dsda-doom\dsda-doom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file "c:\doom\lzdoom\wads\2002 - Alien Vendetta\av.wad" -turbo 255 -warp 11 -skill 4 -complevel 2

With PrBoom-Plus um and lzdoom it works just fine but nothing with DSDA. Is there something in the options that as a side effect can break that parameter?

Edited by Gregor

23 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

A tiny question, what does the "EE's dehacked blood color" refer to?

Enemy based colored blood.

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

Doom version = 21
Patch format = 6

Thing 15 (Cacodemon)
Blood color = 3

Thing 16 (Baron of Hell)
Blood color = 2

Thing 18 (Hell Knight)
Blood color = 2

doom_colored_blood.zip

25 minutes ago, Charlie Love said:

Enemy based colored blood.

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

Doom version = 21
Patch format = 6

Thing 15 (Cacodemon)
Blood color = 3

Thing 16 (Baron of Hell)
Blood color = 2

Thing 18 (Hell Knight)
Blood color = 2

doom_colored_blood.zip

Removing 32bit software renderer, ballsy! Is DSDA-Doom now purely accelerated?

God this port is so long overdue to get properly documented. When i get the new rig up (Should be in a week or so) ill make a start.

@kraflabjust know DSDA-Doom is all levels of awesome and its increased popularity is all the more deserved. Its great having a extended port with enhanced PrBoom+ features and being a speedrunners dream tool to use.

There's still a software renderer, the standard 8bit. The 32bit implementation was similar but with worse performance and complicated a lot of places in the code base. Removing it also increased performance of the 8bit renderer because of how they were tied together.