Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

dsda-doom source port [v0.24.3]

On 11/14/2022 at 6:46 AM, Ramon_Demestre said:

I've tested this build and the autoload feature isn't working for me on Windows.  It creates the autoload folders, but never loads any wads from these folders.  The autoload feature is working for my linux build.

43 minutes ago, patricktamu said:

No luck.  Screenshots are from Map 09.  You can see the effect switch on/off when you enter a room or turn your viewing angle.

This commit is now merged into a master branch (you don't need to make any changes), so are you sure you didn't do anything wrong with the suggested code?

Also a Map 09 from which wad?

15 minutes ago, PKr said:

Also a Map 09 from which wad?

I recognize that map, it's from Moonblood.

The fix works for me with that soul sphere (on Linux, in case it matters).

Edited by Shepardus

10 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

Thanks! I have checked the map. Nothing unusual about this particular wad. Can't reproduce the issue with the fix.

moonbld.jpg.e98865e4b3fad3d1d8a1d053d7f7c180.jpg

8 minutes ago, PKr said:

Thanks! I have checked the map. Nothing unusual about this particular wad. Can't reproduce the issue with the fix.

moonbld.jpg.e98865e4b3fad3d1d8a1d053d7f7c180.jpg

Oops, it was an error on my part.  I rebuilt the project, but forgot to pull the latest code.  The fix is working for me (using Linux).

27 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

The fix works for me with that soul sphere (on Linux, in case it matters).

Any tips for Linux performance?  I'm getting some random stuttering that I don't get on Windows (same hardware, NVidia GPU).  Best settings combo I have so far:

Vsync disabled in game

Max FPS 500

Force Composition Pipeline == ON

Force Full Composition Pipeline == OFF

Sync to VBlank == Tried both, no difference

Allow Flipping == OFF

2 hours ago, patricktamu said:

Any tips for Linux performance?  I'm getting some random stuttering that I don't get on Windows (same hardware, NVidia GPU).  Best settings combo I have so far:

Vsync disabled in game

Max FPS 500

Force Composition Pipeline == ON

Force Full Composition Pipeline == OFF

Sync to VBlank == Tried both, no difference

Allow Flipping == OFF

I never messed with the GPU settings much; either I'm not sensitive to it or the defaults just worked out of the box for me. (I'm running Fedora and installed Nvidia drivers with the instructions on RPM Fusion.) I have vsync disabled and have not set a maximum FPS.

On 11/14/2022 at 1:46 PM, Ramon_Demestre said:

Latest Win32 test build for dsda-doom

https://github.com/RamonUnch/dsda-doom/releases/download/v2022-11-14/DSDADoom-2022-11-14-win32.7z

Use at your own risks.

I noticed that, in the latest Win32 test build for dsda-doom, hudcolor_mapstat_title is missing from the settings, where normally I'd have it set to 6 for a faithful look for the automap.

This is for the title you would see upon opening the automap, for those who don't know.

Also, opening the menu now pauses demo playback.

It would be nice to have the option to turn this functionality on or off, again for the sake of faithfulness.

On 11/14/2022 at 1:46 PM, Ramon_Demestre said:

Thanks for the build :)

The indexed lightmode looks pretty accurate to me, it works well. The only issues I'm having is the anti-aliasing setting not working for some reason and the skybox being weird if I have mouselook enabled. Lack of AA bugs me only cause I hate shimmering and I always force in supersampling in sourceports to get rid of them, but that don't work here either even though it did before. 

forgive me for asking but what is dsda doom? and if it is a version of a source port what advantages does it have? can it play project brutality? Can it cook a grilled cheese?

On 10/20/2022 at 9:11 PM, Xaser said:

I's a new option -- I'll make an announcement post with more details when it gets done, which should hopefully clear up some things. Glad y'all are excited about it, but I need just a bit longer to polish it up before it'll be ready for proper public testing.

I wonder, how hard it would be to do brightmap feature based on shaders and software rendering? woof github has an issue about brightmap parity with woof\doomretro\crispy

https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/woof/issues/625

42 minutes ago, ZOMILE said:

forgive me for asking but what is dsda doom? and if it is a version of a source port what advantages does it have? can it play project brutality? Can it cook a grilled cheese?

The first post of this thread has the answers you seek.

Ah yes, i see. Does it support very large mods such as project brutality or Hd textures, or darkdoom? slaughtermaps with these mods?

Just now, ZOMILE said:

Ah yes, i see. Does it support very large mods such as project brutality or Hd textures, or darkdoom? slaughtermaps with these mods?

Yes, DSDA-Doom supports all of these and you can clearly enjoy yourself with all these beasty MODs.

/s

Suggestion about "smart" complevel selection for demo recording. If -complevel param is omitted, detect lowest suitable for map complevel by analyzing sidedefs lump for extended actions. It is should be easy for 2 or 9 at least, not sure about 11 and 21 though.

Should be useful for beginners as default recording setting, and great as tool for everyone in case of community (speedmap) megawads with unclear txts.

Edited by Hitherto

On 11/28/2022 at 1:33 AM, Hitherto said:

Suggestion about "smart" complevel selection for demo recording. If -complevel param is omitted, detect lowest suitable for map complevel by analyzing sidedefs lump for extended actions. It is should be easy for 2 or 9 at least, not sure about 11 and 21 though.

Should be useful for beginners as default recording setting, and great as tool for everyone in case of community (speedmap) megawads with unclear txts.

This would forfeit the COMPLVL lump which does this automatically - Though this requires editing the WAD to add the lump in.

Speaking of COMPLVL, i have made this a page on the Wiki

It sounds useful for wads without a COMPLVL lump; the main problem is that there are lots of exceptions one way or the other. For example, old Sunder and Holy Hell are typically played with complevel 9 despite not using any Boom actions (I think the latter is due to the lost soul limit, I'm not sure about the former). I've played other maps where monster closets break in cl2 but work in cl9 due to differences in lift behavior between the two. On the flip side, Sacrament has a single right-scrolling wall but is otherwise a limit-removing wad, and I've heard that Hellbound is a similar case (both wads have a mix of cl2 and cl9 demos on DSDA...). Even E2M7 (yes, from the IWAD) has flags on some lines that have no significance in vanilla but would break the map in MBF21 (before version 1.4 of the MBF21 spec introduced comp_reservedlineflag to address this). IMO if you're going to be recording demos you'd better get in the habit of specifying complevel early or else you're going to run into problems sooner or later.

I have a feature request - add support for the LOOPSTART tag to seamlessly loop OGG files. I have some music files that have the tag and they loop perfectly in Crispy Doom, but not in DSDA-Doom.

Also, is there a configuration for the -PRBHUD- lump such that it makes the HUD look like the Crispy HUD found in Crispy Doom/Woof? All the PrBoom+ HUDs are too different and they only show one kind of ammo at a time; the Crispy HUD is perfect for me as it shows all types of ammo at once; the stats like health, armor, etc. are all in familiar spots; and there's no status bar blocking your vision.

50 minutes ago, pltr said:

I have a feature request - add support for the LOOPSTART tag to seamlessly loop OGG files. I have some music files that have the tag and they loop perfectly in Crispy Doom, but not in DSDA-Doom.

I believe it already does have that, but it expects the tags to be LOOP_START/LOOP_END as documented on the ZDoom wiki, not LOOPSTART/LOOPEND. Crispy Doom and Woof make use of SDL_mixer's native looping functionality, which for recent versions of SDL_mixer recognizes both LOOP_START and LOOPSTART.

52 minutes ago, pltr said:

Also, is there a configuration for the -PRBHUD- lump such that it makes the HUD look like the Crispy HUD found in Crispy Doom/Woof? All the PrBoom+ HUDs are too different and they only show one kind of ammo at a time; the Crispy HUD is perfect for me as it shows all types of ammo at once; the stats like health, armor, etc. are all in familiar spots; and there's no status bar blocking your vision.

The upcoming version will have expanded HUD customization. I haven't experimented with it but I do know that it does support listing all the ammo types.