Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

dsda-doom source port [v0.24.3]

15 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

Oh, wow, didn't expect this because I always think this is a meme category although I ran so much of this. Also, I thought nobody cares about almost_reality, but well, it's not the case.

Just in case got missed, so I tagged you again, sorry for the bother

@kraflab

- It seems now glboom-plus.exe also reads prboom-plus.cfg instead of glboom-plus.cfg. At least I put my config file to overwrite only glboom-plus.cfg, it doesn't work.

- It seems reality and almost_reality are mutual right now, which doesn't make sense in a logical sense as almost_reality is a strict subset of reality. I guess for actual reality, both "reality" and "almost_reality" should be 1?

As far as config, that must be something they did with prboom+. Probably because having separate config files doesn't add much. But you can check with the devs.

Yes, the two realities are mutually exclusive in the output. Almost means not, but close. If you are fully reality you aren't almost there - you're there.

16 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

- It seems reality and almost_reality are mutual right now, which doesn't make sense in a logical sense as almost_reality is a strict subset of reality.

Other way around; "reality" (took no damage at all) is a subset of "almost reality" (took no damage from enemies, crushers, or explosions).

3 hours ago, Gez said:

Other way around; "reality" (took no damage at all) is a subset of "almost reality" (took no damage from enemies, crushers, or explosions).

I didn't realize the brainfart until you mention it lol

Silly question I meant to ask.  How do you change the mouse code option? Is it a compile time thing or just a menu toggle? Looked around and couldn't find it and would like to use the chocolate doom code.

i remember having a problem with umapinfo 2.5.1.7 where in doom 1, e2m2+ e3m2+ e4m2+ (exits from m1) would always revert to e1m2. could be fixed tho

EDIT: okay its fixed

Updated to v0.3.0 (download updated).

New stuff:

- missed_monsters and missed_secrets have been added to the analysis file

Unlike levelstat, the missed_monsters value is based on the number of monsters left alive, including monsters revived by an archvile, and not including those spawned by an icon of sin (in other words, the value that matters for max).

Updated to v0.4.0 (download updated).

New stuff:

• added skill, nomonsters, respawn, fast, stroller, 100k, 100s, weapon_collector, tyson_weapons, turbo, and category to the analysis.

• added -track_100k option: show a notification when you reach 100% kills (as seen on intermission, not the max requirement)

• added sound effect for pacifist / 100k notifications

Category detection is super complex...let me know if you find a mistake there.

:^)

Updated to v0.5.0 (download updated).

New stuff:

• Use -time_keys to show a split when you pick up a key.
  • Use -time_use to show a split when you press the use key.
  • Use -time_secrets to show a split when you find a secret.
  • Use -time_all to enable all the split options.

This should be a fun one :^)

Updated to v0.6.0 (download updated).

New stuff:

• Use -export_ghost xyz to create a ghost file (xyz.gst) - works during demo playback and recording.

• Use -import_ghost xyz to import a ghost file (xyz.gst) - works during demo playback and recording.

A ghost follows the life of the player recorded in the ghost file. This can be useful to compare two demos, or to compete against a specific demo while you play. Movies are supported in the sense that they don't cause an error, but a ghost that is "on the next map" will still show up on your current map. Only one ghost is supported for now. Ghosts most likely don't work under conditions where you skip time (warping during demo playback, skipsec, etc). In the future, we will have better handling for movies, multiple ghosts, display options, etc.

doom00.png

27 minutes ago, kraflab said:

Movies are supported in the sense that they don't cause an error, but a ghost that is "on the next map" will still show up on your current map.

You mean, a ghost who completed a map faster won't wait for you to begin the next map for a proper comparison?

19 minutes ago, Dimon12321 said:

You mean, a ghost who completed a map faster won't wait for you to begin the next map for a proper comparison?

It's not comparing map by map, it's comparing the whole demo. So when you enter map 2, if the player was ahead of you by 2 seconds, then he will still be 2 seconds ahead at that point. I'll probably make either way possible (map by map vs whole demo), but that's how it is as an initial implementation. It will render the ghost at their current position regardless of the map they are on.

3 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

It's a bit confusing that you've called them ghosts

That's the standard term for this kind of feature though - at least, the only one I've seen 🤔

4 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

It's a bit confusing that you've called them ghosts

It's called a ghost car in car games. The skin of the car is just something else than a car in Doom. Would be nice to run thousands of demos with cameras placed in a map, showing them all rushing / killing everything.

GJ!

The ghost thing is a really cool idea. I made this quick video comparing the e1m1 nomo human vs tas record to test it. Also, you likely are aware of this but this source port doesn't yet appear in the ports list on dsdarchive.com, just letting you know.

Updated to v0.7.0 (download updated).

New stuff:

• Ghosts pause / fast-forward during movies to start each map together.

• The -import_ghost command now accepts a list of files (-import_ghost ghost1 ghost2 ghost3 ...).

In principle there's no limit, but I don't know what will happen if you do a thousand for instance.

There might be some bugs with this - if you run into a crash, please let me know and send the ghost files.

doom00.png

I got the port to work, but it was crashing repeatedly at first. I wanted to play with GLBoom so I used that exe, and it started in windowed mode. I was gonna change the video mode to OpenGL, change to full screen, and change to 1080, but it crashed before I could do all three. I tried repeatedly and it consistently crashed (Signal 11) before I could change all three options. I was stubborn so I decided to change one option at a time and exit so the setting would save, and that way I was able to change the video settings without crashes, and now it runs fine

11 hours ago, RonnieColeman said:

I got the port to work, but it was crashing repeatedly at first. I wanted to play with GLBoom so I used that exe, and it started in windowed mode. I was gonna change the video mode to OpenGL, change to full screen, and change to 1080, but it crashed before I could do all three. I tried repeatedly and it consistently crashed (Signal 11) before I could change all three options. I was stubborn so I decided to change one option at a time and exit so the setting would save, and that way I was able to change the video settings without crashes, and now it runs fine

Hello, this problem appears to be in prboom+ as of 2.5.1.7. I put an issue here: https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus/issues/143, most likely someone with more opengl knowhow will take care of that soon.

Updated to v0.7.1 (download updated).

New stuff:

• Ghost files now support any number of players - a 4 player coop demo exports a 4 player ghost file.

• Ghost color now cycles through the 4 player colors.

• Fix for jittery ghosts at the end of the file.

Seems like translucency is lost for the extra colors. Not really sure why but I'll see if that's fixable. If not I'll just make the colors optional I guess.

WARNING - EXPERIMENTAL

Updated to v0.8.0 (see op for download)

Experimental stuff:

• Use the "restart current map" key while demo recording to perform an in-game restart.

If you're doing something really important, please don't use this feature yet. I've tested out a variety of scenarios, but it's still possible there are desyncs. That being said, the best way to gain confidence in this feature is to test it out. Please give it a test spin, play through some ILs, check that the results are syncing, etc.

Thanks to Fabian & Ribbiks for the work they put into this feature in their own code.

For some reason, BTSX E1 is crashing with a signal 11 message at launch. Only wad I've had this problem with using this port so far. Versions 0.7 and up.

This is just a thought and probably is not doable/too much time to implement. But would it be possible for you to add something that shows the current record for any wad and whatever map the player is on so you have some idea of what times you need to achieve to be able to take a record or 2nd place etc?

Some sort of api that works with the analysis that was added.

I don't expect this to be added but it's nice when I load up a wad and see who has the record from the game window, of course I'm not that lazy as I just open DSDA but yeah just a thought I had.

Investigating some desyncs today, so you might want to hold off more testing until we release the next patch 🙂

10 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

For some reason, BTSX E1 is crashing with a signal 11 message at launch. Only wad I've had this problem with using this port so far. Versions 0.7 and up.

Seems to be working fine for me on 0.8.0, at least the latest version of the wad on /idgames (1.1.6).

Updated to v0.8.1 to fix some rng. See op for download. Please update to that one if you'd like to test the restart feature :^)