Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

dsda-doom source port [v0.24.3]

I have made a test map that uses most (But not all) of the mapping features.

Currently it just shows some tag examples but not all of them, not even the functioning generelized crusher, here are some that are shown in the map:

Spoiler

Lava that will kill both monster and you in a instant unless you wear a rad suit.

A forcefield that blocks the player from getting the good stuff but allows monster to pass through! (You can yoink the bfg inside however)

A gate that can't allow the pinky to pass but does for the caco.

linedef 255 and 1024 examples.

and a Death exit

MBF21Testmap.zip

Standard Doom 2 with new music, this is mostly for show some examples.

Updated to v0.19.1 (see download in original post)

Changes:

- The new mbf21 scroll specials have their speed divided by 8 to improve fine-grained control (spec v1.1)

- Fixed a crash in the default compatibility level selector

- Tweaked the data storage code. Maybe it fixes the issue with splits. Please let me know if it does, and if using -data with an absolute path fixes your problem or not.

1 hour ago, VanaheimRanger said:

Is there an option to disable the completion time in the upper left corner of the intermission screen?

I don't think there is right now.

Updated to v0.19.2 (see download in original post)

Fixes the crash related to split tracking

Even if you haven't experienced that crash, I recommend updating, as the old build may be storing your splits in an unintended place.

cc @GarrettChan @liveincity

3 hours ago, toxic.rat said:

MacOS build of v. 0.19.1

DSDA-DOOM.zip

Hey @toxic.rat there is a thread for support for MacOS 

I was about to compile the 0.19.2 when I saw your post.

Your .dmg is not opening (at least in my M1 MacBook), so I ll compile it myself

Were you able to include the libraries in your build?

If so please teach me how :D

The red line appears while reloading the SSG in 8bit rendering (1920x1080),what could be causing it?

doom04.png

57 minutes ago, kraflab said:

Questo è un problema antico in pr+

But with PrBoom 2.5.1.5 this did not happen, however it is only a small problem.

24 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

Will this port support widescreen status bars in software rendering?

Yes, widescreen asset support is in the queue.

10 minutes ago, Valboom said:

But with PrBoom 2.5.1.5 this did not happen, however it is only a small problem.

Oh you're the same one that posted about this in the other thread. Please don't crosspost these kind of bug reports, it's harder to maintain things :^)

3 hours ago, Valboom said:

The red line appears while reloading the SSG in 8bit rendering (1920x1080),what could be causing it?

Fabian's response in the PrB+ thread, in case you missed it:

Edited by Shepardus

9 hours ago, kraflab said:

Updated to v0.19.2 (see download in original post)

Fixes the crash related to split tracking

Even if you haven't experienced that crash, I recommend updating, as the old build may be storing your splits in an unintended place.

cc @GarrettChan @liveincity

Thanks. Everything is good now. :)

I have a suggestion if it's possible in the future.  Could it be made so that .kf files go into a seperate keyframes subfolder?  They clutter the main directory up rather quickly when TASing.

A quick question, let's say I start doom with that command(on linux):

dsda-doom -iwad ~/WADS/DOOM2.WAD -record ~/.dsda-doom/demos/aznhal -skill 4 -warp 2

I have it set the way it shows me how many attempts I took before the current one. When I die and restart the level with a key press I do not see another attempt so I quit the game and click the icon I created again.

Is there any chance the option would be added to record another attempt after player's death? Guess it would be useful as when you try to achieve a record or something similiar you play the level over and over again anyway.

Or is it possible already? If so, how?

ps. would anyone be interested in .deb package for debian based linux distros? I am always creating one for myself but it wouldn't hurt if I share it with you guys. Let me know and I can upload it. I am building on most recent Linux Mint but guess it should work on Debian(testing at least) and Ubuntu

"When I die and restart the level with a key press"

Do you mean you are pressing the use key to start the map over? That isn't a new attempt. That's the same attempt, just with a death in the middle (the demo includes the original "attempt" and keeps going). What you need to do is use the restart key, which will restart the demo recording itself. It's labelled "restart current map" but also functions as the demo restart key.

10 minutes ago, kraflab said:

"When I die and restart the level with a key press"

Do you mean you are pressing the use key to start the map over? That isn't a new attempt. That's the same attempt, just with a death in the middle (the demo includes the original "attempt" and keeps going). What you need to do is use the restart key, which will restart the demo recording itself. It's labelled "restart current map" but also functions as the demo restart key.

Will check it out tomorrow, but I assume I can bind that key in key bindings. Thanks.

About that debian package if anyone would find it useful, here is the link(64bit version only):

https://easyupload.io/no26l1

Heretic crashes if you try to name a save "[" or "]". Vanilla heretic just ignored these inputs.

More issues I'm aware of:

- dehacked editing BFG can cause a crash

- 16:10 resolution is getting cropped

- custom music which replaces the lump names isn't loading

Will have fixes out in a bit.

Updated to v0.19.3 (see download in original post)

What's new:

- Added widescreen asset support for doom (pr+) and heretic
  - The e3m8 end scroll in heretic doesn't scroll
  - There seems to be an issue with the e3 intermission in doom (pr+)
- Fix custom music in dehacked
- Fix a bfg crash in dehacked handling (rfomin)
- Fix 16:10 resolution (pr+)
- Fix a discrepancy between deh lump and file parsing (pr+)

It's hard to account for all the different cases when testing the widescreen assets - if you have an issue let me know.

A few more heretic things:

doom00.png.4afa22b866f4a742a43b6a47f46b9192.png

• The skies display wrong. Heretic has special 200px tall skies to accommodate looking up and down.
  • The intermission screen shows the previous level's name twice rather than the next one. It'll say: "Finished: Docks... now entering: Docks"
  • Invincibility and the "quicken" cheat don't turn the status bar's eyes gold
  • The "gimme" cheat doesn't prompt the user for a letter (a-j)
  • The E2 palette switch is still broken on 8bit video mode.
  • Currently there's no way to display the "endtext" endoom equivalent.

In Heretic if you have the advanced hub enabled and turn an enemy into a chicken by using the Morph Ovum on them, the max. kill count in the hub increases by one, making it impossible to attain 100% kills in the advanced hub for that level. The correct kill count at the end and in the automap ignores this and counts a morphed enemy/chicken as still the same enemy, only adding it to the kill count once you kill the chicken and not increasing the overall max kill count.

Btw, can we get a pistolstart parameter for Heretic & Doom? That would be great for single segment runs & demos as well. Is that a new category? The full wad in one demo but still pistolstarts for every map.

On mercredi 2 juin 2021 at 5:40 AM, Harpax said:

The skies display wrong. Heretic has special 200px tall skies to accommodate looking up and down.

It's a horrible hack, too.

The textures are still defined as being only 128-pix tall. Instead, skies get their own column renderer, separate from other textures, which draws 200 texels, regardless of texture size. 🤦‍♂️