Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

dsda-doom source port [v0.24.3]

14 hours ago, Shepardus said:

In GZDoom there's a compatibility flag for that ("cripple sound for silent BFG trick"), so if you have that enabled that would explain why you experience the same in GZDoom.

So I was wrong about this being governed by the "cripple sound for silent BFG trick" flag in GZDoom, even with that flag not set the pickup sound gets cut off. Not sure what exactly it is then.

Edit: I dug around a bit in the code and found that PrBoom+/dsda-doom has some logic dating back to Boom to determine whether a sound is a pickup sound, and uses that in the logic for killing old sounds. Woof and other MBF-derived ports, including Eternity, replace this with a "singularity" flag that ensures that only one sound of a certain class can play at a time, and the item pickup sound and the weapon pickup sound are considered separate classes of sounds. So this is why Woof and Eternity specifically do not cut off the weapon pickup sound when picking up another item.

Edited by Shepardus

On 5/30/2021 at 1:31 PM, Valboom said:

The red line appears while reloading the SSG in 8bit rendering (1920x1080),what could be causing it?

doom04.png

Coming back to this known PrBoom issue, I have the same with software/1080p rendering. I've seen Fabian's explanation about the factor of 3 sprite scaling as well and, indeed, lowering resolution seems to fix it.

What seems strange in my case is the line only appears when the SSG is fired at a certain position in its "bobbing" cycle. Setting weapon alignment to "centered" appears to fix the issue even with software/1080p. It's definitely possible Fabian explained this already but it went over my head. I don't mean to harp on this known/maybe unfixable issue but figured I'd mention this observation in case it's useful at all. 

Edited by pantheon

I confirm,setting weapon alignment to "centered" fix the issue.

What does the SNDFONT lump do exactly? I assume it relates to telling midi/mus to sound a certain way.

Since Hexen is a goal, SNDINFO is planned as well, I take?

33 minutes ago, ChopBlock223 said:

What does the SNDFONT lump do exactly? I assume it relates to telling midi/mus to sound a certain way.

I'm pretty sure it's related to this:

3 hours ago, kraflab said:

Moved default soundfont into dsda-doom.wad

I other words: that's the default soundfont.

8 hours ago, kraflab said:

Updated to v0.24.2

Awesome! Software stuttering seems to be gone on my end and Portmidi is playing smoothly as well.

Win32 build of dsda-doom v0.24.2

https://github.com/RamonUnch/dsda-doom/releases/download/v0.24.2/DSDADoom-0.24.2-win32.7z

Note that the download is twice bigger than usual (6.3MB) because it includes the soundfont in dsda-doom.wad

It is the limit of what I am able to upload on GitHub in a reasonable time with my internet bandwidth.

If needed I will only update the .exe files in the future.

I meant to start doing this a version or two ago, but:

DSDA-Doom v0.24.2 Linux .deb:
dsda-doom-0.24.2.zip

PhysixCat brought up in the DSDA server how there are only Windows binaries being distributed for DSDA-Doom and how Linux users have to build from source every time, and building from source can be pretty intimidating for people who aren't used to it. In an effort for more accessibility, I'll be posting .debs for new versions as available. :)

I don't have any spare computers to test this on, but my main machine (running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS) had no issues. Method of compiling was done using CPack, it's my first time doing any kind of compilation for distribution to others, so please let me know if there are any problems.

On 11/12/2020 at 1:08 AM, kraflab said:

Hello everyone :^)

Introducing the dsda-doom source port, which is a fork of prboom+um.

The focus is on tooling that is important for our automation work on the archive, quality-of-life improvements for demo recording, and fun additions to the demo playback experience.

Patch Notes:

v0.24

v0.23

v0.22

v0.21

More

The project is over here: https://github.com/kraflab/dsda-doom

Support / builds for mac

Windows Build:

dsda-doom-0.24.2.zip

Latest 32 bit build

Linux Build:

Hello, i downloaded the latest version of DSDA-Doom and i have a problem with save game.

I'm not sure this is a problem, but when I save the game and exit the game and re-enter the game, my game save does not exist.

Please guide me, Thanks!

Joining in on this, for us Fedora users, I have made an experimental COPR repo for dsda-doom here: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/alastortenebris/dsda-doom/ based on a repurposed prboom+ spec file.

On 3/6/2022 at 9:17 PM, Maribo said:

I meant to start doing this a version or two ago, but:

DSDA-Doom v0.24.2 Linux .deb:
dsda-doom-0.24.2.zip

PhysixCat brought up in the DSDA server how there are only Windows binaries being distributed for DSDA-Doom and how Linux users have to build from source every time, and building from source can be pretty intimidating for people who aren't used to it. In an effort for more accessibility, I'll be posting .debs for new versions as available. :)

I don't have any spare computers to test this on, but my main machine (running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS) had no issues. Method of compiling was done using CPack, it's my first time doing any kind of compilation for distribution to others, so please let me know if there are any problems.

Instead of just posting deb files, it would probably be easier to use openSUSE's OBS or Ubuntu's PPA if you want to distribute deb files, though I'll be the first to admit that I don't know anything about packaging deb files.

Speaking of compiling, the instructions list an option to install man pages, but none exist for this project. It also lists a "make rpm" option that also doesn't exist.

I was wondering for a while now; is there a way to properly convert Crispy sens to DSDA?

Anyways, thanks for your hard work.

7 hours ago, Fluuschoen said:

I was wondering for a while now; is there a way to properly convert Crispy sens to DSDA?

What I did was simply slide the mouse to the edge of my mousepad (from left to right) and compare how far it went compared to DSDA-Doom and adjust the crispy doom sens so that the 2 sens reach the same point :)

I hope I explained this well.

Edited by El juancho

7 hours ago, Fluuschoen said:

This might help:

What I do in practice is similar to what El juancho described: I move my mouse from the edge of the mousepad until I do a full 360-degree turn in dsda-doom, then launch whatever source port I'm trying to adjust my sensitivity in, slide my mouse back to the edge, and check that that also results in a 360-degree turn.

23 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

This might help:

What I do in practice is similar to what El juancho described: I move my mouse from the edge of the mousepad until I do a full 360-degree turn in dsda-doom, then launch whatever source port I'm trying to adjust my sensitivity in, slide my mouse back to the edge, and check that that also results in a 360-degree turn.

Yap, this is how I tried it (it's rather easy beacause of -shorttics and distinct pixels), but it seems to be off somehow. I think the answer might be a fraction (can DSDA understand those via cfg?). I mean I use 3/1/3 @ no accel in Crispy, and 7/2/7 @ no accel in DSDA. The latter is a little bit faster, but if I try 6/2/6, it's a bit slower than in Crispy, so I figured something like 6.5 should be sameish.

29 minutes ago, Fluuschoen said:

Yap, this is how I tried it (it's rather easy beacause of -shorttics and distinct pixels), but it seems to be off somehow. I think the answer might be a fraction (can DSDA understand those via cfg?). I mean I use 3/1/3 @ no accel in Crispy, and 7/2/7 @ no accel in DSDA. The latter is a little bit faster, but if I try 6/2/6, it's a bit slower than in Crispy, so I figured something like 6.5 should be sameish.

For "fractional" sensitivity values, you can use the "fine sensitivity" setting described in that post I linked.

7 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

For "fractional" sensitivity values, you can use the "fine sensitivity" setting described in that post I linked.

Yeah, I was being stupid (and clicked on the wrong link : D). Looked for a more "direct" way, while I should just set fine sensitivity to 50 to get a +0.5 addition to 6.

Thanks for the reply.

sorry for dumb question but I couldn't find it in the settings :

how to move as "spectator" in a demoplayback? in a demorecording I noticed a very useful infighting which never occurred before then, and i'm interested in watching what happened away from my marine.

how is it named in this port, and where is it in the settings?

20 minutes ago, blob1024 said:

how to move as "spectator" in a demoplayback?

It's relatively the same as prBoom:

In Options > Setup > Key Bindings, there is a Demo section. The option is called "Camera Mode".

Pressing it during gameplay has no effect. Pressing it during demo playback toggles between

- 1) normal

- 2) player location, but free angle

- 3) free location and angle

how i disable this cancer abominable garbage message when i load wad something about key frame restoring?

Set "rewind timeout (ms)" on the fourth page of general options to 0, or set "rewind depth" on the same page to 0 (this disables rewinding entirely).

Really strangely aggressive response to a message that shows up for a couple of seconds when you load a complex map, but set "Automatic Key Frame Depth" to 0.

I've already figured out how to make it work with Woof, but is there anything to do to get REKKR Sunken Land to work with DSDA-Doom?

Bit of an odd/niche question, but currently is there a way to have the game freeze or mute when I alt tab?

It's a habit of mine to get distracted often when playing Doom (or any game for that matter) so I'll take occasional breaks to do something else on my PC. Some full screen apps mute themselves when alt tabbed but I mute DSDA Doom manually.

Edited by Artbor