Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

dsda-doom source port [v0.24.3]

22 minutes ago, RN_Jesus said:

Also noticed in Iamevil1.wad on comp lvl 2 dsda seems to wake up the cyber on player start and this never happened under prboom-plus-2.5.1.4 (the version used in

Ancalagon's Demo using PRBoom v2.5.1.4cl2 2:43.20) The map has a super high elevator and I was wondering if dsda would handle that line of sight differently. I was going to try and beat his time for the memes but feel its not working the way it did in his demo.

You have to move forward immediately at the start for the cyberdemon to not wake up.

I'm noticing an issue with OpenGL+Vsync, it gets really choppy (almost like the frame interpolation is acting up). If I turn Vsync off then it works fine, except for lots of tearing. This issue doesn't happen in software or prboom+. If it helps I'm on Arch Linux with an AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT.

EDIT: Also changing the light modes doesn't fix anything.

1 hour ago, Cosmian said:

I'm noticing an issue with OpenGL+Vsync, it gets really choppy (almost like the frame interpolation is acting up). If I turn Vsync off then it works fine, except for lots of tearing. This issue doesn't happen in software or prboom+. If it helps I'm on Arch Linux with an AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT.

Maybe it's the same problem I have with Intel GMA 4500 graphics on Linux? From what you described it seems the same problem.

2 hours ago, Cosmian said:

Does changing opengl exclusive fullscreen to on/off makes the issue better/worse? Or this option doesn't exist on Arch at all?

On 3/31/2022 at 6:24 AM, PKr said:

Interesting. After not seeing any difference between 28571 and 32768 whatsoever I've checked how huge can an error margin be here. It seems like anything between ~25000 and ~36000 is imperceivable and appears as a completely smooth motion.

P.S. Do you have any interest in fixing interpolation implementation in Eternity Engine by any chance? I have checked the code already, and it seems like the problem is R_GetLerp() in r_main.cpp which returns the wrong value. I have tried to compensate i_haltimer.GetFrac(), and I can confirm that it makes the game significantly much smoother (aside from the mouse which probably will have the similar issue). Sadly, as you might have already guessed, my coding skills are non-existent so I can't write the precise timing compensation to completely eliminate the issue, and the approximation is not enough to fix it in Eternity Engine. :(

Sorry, just now seeing your edit. I am busy these days working with crispy-hexen but I will keep this in mind for when (if?) I run out of stuff to do.

On 4/4/2022 at 9:13 PM, Cosmian said:

Same problem with exclusive fullscreen.

Unfortunately without the "issues" section enabled in the DSDA-Doom GitHub repository, it is very easy for problems like this to get lost in other messages.

This question has probably been asked already, but I downloaded version 0.1.1 and I can't save any of my settings. Tried to run both glboom and prboom executables and it didn't change anything. Copy and pasting my prboom+ config in the DSDA Doom folder didn't help, what do I need to do to solve this? 

Edited by CittyKat112

11 hours ago, Shepardus said:

0.1.1? Why not use the latest version, 0.24.3, linked in the opening post?

Seconding this. My laptop is a potato and 0.24.3 is much more optimized than older versions.

Could you possibly consider adding longtics-like feature for cl9? Or is it not possible at all?

4 hours ago, PKr said:

Could you possibly consider adding longtics-like feature for cl9? Or is it not possible at all?

Just launch the engine with -longtics

46 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

Just launch the engine with -longtics

It doesn't work in cl9 mode.

You can't record longtics demos in cl9 (it's not part of the standard). If you aren't recording, it should work fine.

5 minutes ago, kraflab said:

You can't record longtics demos in cl9 (it's not part of the standard). If you aren't recording, it should work fine.

Yes, it works fine when not recording. But is it possible to achieve the functionality of -longtics while recording in cl9?

Btw, I am not a speedrunner, so I wouldn't care if the cross-source port compatibility would break as a result. I just want to be able to record and play the demo in the same version of dsda-doom. That's why I am asking.

I plan to add longtics as an option to the -dsdademo format, which would make this possible. In the meantime you could use cl 21 with a boom option file to achieve more or less what you want (if compatibility is not really a concern). You can copy the boom text from https://github.com/kraflab/mbf21/blob/master/docs/options.md#boom into a wad file as an OPTIONS lump and add this file when you record.

54 minutes ago, kraflab said:

I plan to add longtics as an option to the -dsdademo format, which would make this possible. In the meantime you could use cl 21 with a boom option file to achieve more or less what you want (if compatibility is not really a concern). You can copy the boom text from https://github.com/kraflab/mbf21/blob/master/docs/options.md#boom into a wad file as an OPTIONS lump and add this file when you record.

Thanks! This looks like a nice workaround.

Hello!, i'm having an issue with DSDA Doom, when i choose opengl as the renderer it makes everything brighter until i switch it back.

Just now, Frost-Core said:

Hello!, i'm having an issue with DSDA Doom, when i choose opengl as the renderer it makes everything brighter until i switch it back.

Are you using shaders or GLBoom in the OpenGL options?

2 minutes ago, Frost-Core said:

IIRC the default gamma correction levels are set to higher values. Set it to 0 by pressing a "gamma fix" button a few times.

Hello guys, so, one day i read that there was a plan to make DSDA support HHE files. Anybody know is there work on it , or plans, or idea was droped?

@Shepardus I figured that out already, thanks. Idk why I downloaded the first version lol. Also, consider smashing that 'quote' button next time you're replying to someone, I wouldn't see your comment if I didn't decide to view this topic again...

With this out of the way, I have another question about demos. How do I playback demos in DSDA? Copying and pasting .imp and .wad files doesn't work, and -playback command doesn't do anything either.

36 minutes ago, CittyKat112 said:

@Shepardus I figured that out already, thanks. Idk why I downloaded the first version lol. Also, consider smashing that 'quote' button next time you're replying to someone, I wouldn't see your comment if I didn't decide to view this topic again...

With this out of the way, I have another question about demos. How do I playback demos in DSDA? Copying and pasting .imp and .wad files doesn't work, and -playback command doesn't do anything either.

image.png.7aace7912db831861ff0073aebc36898.png

You can do this with the launcher that comes WITH DSDA-Doom, then double clic on a demo and DSDA-Doom should play the demo.

Edited by El juancho

38 minutes ago, CittyKat112 said:

How do I playback demos in DSDA? Copying and pasting .imp and .wad files doesn't work, and -playback command doesn't do anything either.

It's -playdemo, not -playback.

@kraflab I just noticed a gamebreaking bug when using MBF21 complevel in non-MBF21 wad.

I was just playing TNT: Revilution's Map30 and I had accidentally set the complevel to MBF21. What happened was that the map's spawn cubes didn't turn into monsters and just remained there like decorations and thus breaking the map.

On 4/14/2022 at 11:29 PM, INfront95 said:

Hello guys, so, one day i read that there was a plan to make DSDA support HHE files. Anybody know is there work on it , or plans, or idea was droped?

It might happen some day, but I don't expect it any time soon.

8 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

@kraflab I just noticed a gamebreaking bug when using MBF21 complevel in non-MBF21 wad.

I was just playing TNT: Revilution's Map30 and I had accidentally set the complevel to MBF21. What happened was that the map's spawn cubes didn't turn into monsters and just remained there like decorations and thus breaking the map.

Isn't the TNTR.txt file addresses that?

I'll fix the revilution thing for the next release. The port has a list of autocorrect options to make these cases work in cl21 for people that use the wrong complevel.