Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yandere_Doomer

I think FIREBLU is pretty: Change My Mind

ive heard that people think that FIREBLU is one of the ugliest textures in doom, i dont see why though, as long as it isnt used too much in one spot its a beautiful texture.

29 minutes ago, Deathclaw886 said:

ive heard that people think that FIREBLU is one of the ugliest textures in doom, i dont see why though, as long as it isnt used too much in one spot its a beautiful texture.

I completely agree, FIREBLU is a unique and appealing texture.

3 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

I completely agree, FIREBLU is a unique and appealing texture.

they will never understand the beauty of this texture, i love that this texture is animated image.png.797851f8f276a7fdccad34c7c5b76b6e.png

2 minutes ago, Deathclaw886 said:

they will never understand the beauty of this texture, i love that this texture is animated

Agreed, it is a diamond in the rough of video game textures.

I like FIREBLU, but abusing it can be painful to look at. Having too much of it is like looking at a strobe light to me. In my opinion, it works best in a fire and brimstone style setting. I think one of the main reasons people think FIREBLU is ugly is because it is so evocative of the 90's. It is a texture that could have only been created in the era it belongs to. When I see a lot of FIREBLU, I associate it with a really early mapping scene. Sometimes it can feel out of place in maps that go for a more modern style. It's great when used tastefully, but horrible when it is just pasted on some random techbase wall for no reason.

Being the one who mostly stays outside of the community, I feel really confused now. FIREBLU is ugly? Seriously? It is one of my favorite textures!

4 minutes ago, Dr. Crowley said:

Being the one who mostly stays outside of the community, I feel really confused now. FIREBLU is ugly? Seriously? It is one of my favorite textures!

i know right? thatts why it confused me when i heard it was considered ugly on the doom wiki on the description of 50 shades of GRAYTALL 

DOORTRAK serves a functional purpose but looks ugly when used on spans longer than 16 map units, FIREBLU is often named as one of the ugliest textures in Doom, and GRAYTALL is sometimes thought of as "the original placeholder texture" since it appeared often in the alpha versions of maps to disappear in most of their final versions.

Why would I possibly want to change your subjective opinion about something so completely irrelevant?

1 minute ago, Murdoch said:

Why would I possibly want to change your subjective opinion about something so completely irrelevant?

i thought it would be a fun topic to bring up

Can anyone photoshop fireblu on a celebrities dress or Lamborghini?

I want to see that.

Seriously........you think that a doom map with fireblu is pretty? Now see the whole world covered in FIREBLU and tell me if it's pretty......heh.

fireworld.jpg

2 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

Seriously........you think that a doom map with fireblu is pretty? Now see the whole world covered in FIREBLU and tell me if it's pretty......heh.

fireworld.jpg

I LOVE IT!

2 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

fireworld.jpg

I, too, love it.

6 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I like FIREBLU, but abusing it can be painful to look at. 

29 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

fireworld.jpg

its not pretty, its........beautiful!

31 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

fireworld.jpg

Election results 2020

Presented by FOX News

20201111_215901.jpg

Fireblu is one of the more eye catching textures, at least in my opinion. But I also think it should be used with care and for specific situations, since using it liberally is a little tacky in my books.  

honestly i don't even know why people hate fireblu. It's not a bad texture in my opinion but not the best either. 

Everyone who opposes fireblu textures, will be consumed by it and become part of it, blinking forever and no one will hear your screams and pleads. 

3 minutes ago, Misty said:

Everyone who opposes fireblu textures, will be consumed by it and become part of it, blinking forever and no one will hear your screams and pleads. 

as you constantly get umphed against and shot without anyone knowing FIREBLU's true identity