Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trupiak

Short gothic doom map

I really like gothic doom, but couldn't find any wads made with it in mind so I made this little level. It uses the gothic doom textures. The zip file includes everything you need to run the wad like you're meant to, but you can just load the textures and play it with whatever. It was supposed to be a part of a level pack, but I can't find the motivation to make more levels. Just waltz around as you avoid lost souls, fireballs and gunfire!
Tested with:
GZDoom ( Found no issues. )
Zandronum ( A possible little texture glitch in the final room. )
prboom ( one or two textures might be glitched... the gothic guns and monsters don't load for me on it. )
This map was made with deathmatch in mind, but I never tested it :D

Fun facts about the wad:
- It will take you from 3 to 5 minutes to beat.
- It might kick your ass if you pretend secrets don't exist.
- It has difficulty levels if UV is too tough for you.

Screenshot_Doom_20201112_175158.png

Screenshot_Doom_20201112_175617.png

Goffik.zip

12 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Looks cool! Downloaded!

Is there any type of intended source port that needs to be used?

GZdoom is the best one to use for this wad. You need to use the GOTHICTX file for textures, my wad itself and everything else is optional.

Nice map, man. I really liked how it looked. It plays pretty simply progression-wise, but it works well and the combat is rather tough due to the resource starvation. It's a surprisingly difficult little map compared to your project I played. I definitely see a great deal of potential in you to make some really killer work if you keep this up. ;^)

I like the art style of the wad. Tough which I really liked. The architecture looks great. Well all I can say is keep it up with the good work.

Short but deadly 

I was having a good time until that pain elemental came out and I ran out of ammo and that final room oh my goodness lol 

but this is a fun time and a well-made little map I never played this version of Doom before

I Played this map in vanilla MS-DOS Doom 2 with only the custom textures on HMP with 97% kills, 0% secrets, and in 4:37

I don't have much to say on the map itself. It was fun and fairly challenging, 6/10 I'll just list some bugs that occur in vanilla.leak.PNG.43570571bcfb05872e5dd216c3e51555.PNG

This floor gets messed up, it's the only consistent glitch i could find.

Yep I played it and liked it. Was having a great time until the pain elementals and chaingunners showed up at which point I promptly died. Then I, uh, came back to life and proceeded to finish the level. I think it would have been easier if I'd found some of the secrets and other weapons before the PE part, if you take your time then this level isn't so bad.

Verdict: Fun little jaunt - 6 thumbs up out 10

1 minute ago, Foodles said:

Yep I played it and liked it. Was having a great time until the pain elementals and chaingunners showed up at which point I promptly died. Then I, uh, came back to life and proceeded to finish the level. I think it would have been easier if I'd found some of the secrets and other weapons before the PE part, if you take your time then this level isn't so bad.

Verdict: Fun little jaunt - 6 thumbs up out 10

Yeah I think that was the only part that I truly thought was too much: the pain elementals when you're on such limited ammo

it would be nice if they weren't there or at the very least if the pain elemental didn't have a buddy... Who is also a pain elemental 

upon hindsight I should have just ran to the final confrontation and not have tried to take them on eh

Well, you don't actually need to find any of the secrets to have enough ammo for everything, as long as you don't waste shots you should have just enough to kill everything in your way ( I tested and made sure for that ). HMP gives you more ammo, of course.

Thank your for testing the map on vanilla @Sir Hattington. I don't know why that glitch occurs nor I know how to fix it D:
And thanks to all that played or are going to play :)

Nice little map with an enjoyable and perhaps a bit quirky midi.

A little design quirk which was probably not intended:

The secret next to the start area is a bit harder to get in vanilla-compatible source ports because a tree (thing 0) blocks the player. This is not an issue in ZDoom-based source ports since things are not infinitely tall by default.

On 11/12/2020 at 6:19 PM, Trupiak said:

prboom ( one or two textures might be glitched... the gothic guns and monsters don't load for me on it. )

.pk3 files don't work in PrBoom+ and most other source ports outside of the ZDoom family.

Edited by Keyboard_Doomer