Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roebloz

[On Hold] Doom 32x: Delta

2 hours ago, ChopBlock223 said:

Will it feature fixed music?

It will not feature fixed music unfortunately.

3 hours ago, Roebloz said:
  • The Spider Mastermind would be doable, but whats the point if we're not doing Inferno (at the moment) anyway?

Would be interesting just to take a look at him. I haven't found any videos of his live presents on 32X

3 hours ago, betabox said:

Kind of got a chuckle out of this since it's been well over a decade since he released those prototypes.

Anyway, looking forward to this version of 32X Doom. The early classic console ports of Doom are always the ones I go back to, so this should be pretty nice to follow.

Thanks, Ill do my best.

Continuing development, I finished E1M8 as well as started E1M9. I also fixed the rockets being shot backwards (Maybe they DID plan the Cyberdemon to be included considering its the only reason why rockets use their forward sprite even though YOU shoot them, or it is just an oversight. Long story short I fixed it.) Also I know the framerate will NOT be perfect despite my best attempts at making it better, but dont worry it wont be as bad as Doom 3DO. Some areas WILL be less tall or/and big (Such as the outside area of E1M8) but I will do my best for it to be identical or similar. https://imgur.com/gallery/rN2KU4O

Interesting. Does it run smoothly on Genesis Plus GX with an overclock?

EDIT: Just noticed that emulator doesn't support 32X.

Edited by VGA

3 hours ago, VGA said:

Interesting. Does it run smoothly on Genesis Plus GX with an overclock?

What even is that?

Thanks to someone that wanted to start a similar project at the same time as me, he offered his help to me and now we have a slightly improved E1M1 theme, as well as red HUD text and a fixed music order! Thanks Alex. Also I have replaced the ROCKS texture with the FLOOR7_2 (I think thats the name?) marble texture, so now the HUD border is the same as in the original! This all coming together. And also, armor/health bonuses correctly only give one armor/health point as opposed to 2. https://imgur.com/a/FcsaUiO

Finished E1M5, it was surprisingly easy to port. Also my partner Alex corrected the status bar face from flipping the hair when looking in different directions, and slightly improved E1M8s tune. Screenshots on imgur, gameplay coming soon again. https://imgur.com/gallery/LfA7mvc

E1M6 is complete, but alas it had to suffer some surgery and ceiling lowering. (E1M6 was also the map that didn't work for the longest time in the prototypes, so be glad I didn't go the SNES port way of cutting it out, I've added two early Berserk packs as an apology of sorts)

Also Alex has now improved E1M1, E1M3 and E1M8's tunes. Oh, and here is some gameplay.

Keep up the good work! People deserve to play this hack that sorta unfucks the 32X version :D

E1M7 is not optimized yet, but the level itself is working rather smoothly aside from some rooms, have a look. https://imgur.com/gallery/CNSlzxR

Also I need to ask you guys what you would prefer: Episode 1 and 2 in a single patch, or Episode 1, 2 and 3 on different patches? (It would allow for the secret levels easily)

Different patches, so the user keeps 3 hacked roms for the 3 episodes. Right?

8 hours ago, VGA said:

Different patches, so the user keeps 3 hacked roms for the 3 episodes. Right?

Yeah makes sense. This will also allow me to make custom maps to replace E2M8 and E3M8 that will be able to use Tag 666 (E2M8 and E3M8 are just too open maps to work on 32x without huge walls everywhere, which isnt what I want.) I will probably edit the Jaguar replacement for E2M8 and E3M1 so that they can be E2M8 and E3M8 respectively.

Edited by Roebloz

Some maps still need SOME improvements, but theyre pretty much finished otherwise. Oh, and my friend managed to import a custom Doom logo for the menu (Not the title screen) and also broke the palette as a result. Expect Episode 1 to be released soon.

CoolLogo.PNG