Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roebloz

[On Hold] Doom 32x: Delta

For those that like this project so far, why not go over to the Cacowards thread and hit this project with a nomination, hm? No pressure though, no pressure.

28 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

@Roebloz this is f*cking awesome. You're really taking full advantage of the 32X ROM. Can't wait 'till you release inferno. Just awesome pal

I won't start working on Inferno yet because I think I deserve a break.

52 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

You can take a month of vacation, there's no hurry

Nah 1 week's enough for me. But knowing myself I'll probably start anyway

How do you make the Infernum Lords "corrupt" items? Is that possible with Vanilla Dehacked?

I'd like to make a "better" trailer video when the project will be done. But if @Roebloz will agree. And with his wishes and control of the process.

Could I do a GBA port of Doom 32X Delta? I have working tools to make GBA Doom mods so would that be fine @Roebloz?

8 hours ago, JXC said:

How do you make the Infernum Lords "corrupt" items? Is that possible with Vanilla Dehacked?

It absolutely is. Turn on the "Picks up items" flag and you are good to go. (I'm not sure if they can actually benefit from Soul Spheres though)

6 hours ago, Dexiaz said:

I'd like to make a "better" trailer video when the project will be done. But if @Roebloz will agree. And with his wishes and control of the process.

Sure. Once Inferno is donezo though.

5 hours ago, Wavy said:

Could I do a GBA port of Doom 32X Delta? I have working tools to make GBA Doom mods so would that be fine @Roebloz?

If you mean directly porting the maps, not until Inferno is done. Also, Doom GBA already has a PC accurate port based off PrBoom, so you would only be wasting your time trying to port it to the Doom GBA engine. https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4899/

26 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

If you mean directly porting the maps, not until Inferno is done. Also, Doom GBA already has a PC accurate port based off PrBoom, so you would only be wasting your time trying to port it to the Doom GBA engine. https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4899/

I won't be porting Inferno now, probably just KDITD and maybe TSOH. Also I am aware of the PrBoom port, but I think it would be fun trying to port the PC maps to the GBA with the original engine, but how things are going for me porting the maps and how tight GBA Doom is with stuff like new textures, I might not do a Delta port.

Also I just tried episode 2 and it's awesome!

Edited by Wavy

26 minutes ago, Wavy said:

I won't be porting Inferno now, probably just KDITD and maybe TSOH. Also I am aware of the PrBoom port, but I think it would be fun trying to port the PC maps to the GBA with the original engine, but how things are going for me porting the maps and how tight GBA Doom is with stuff like new textures, I might not do a Delta port.

Also I just tried episode 2 and it's awesome!

Thanks! Now make a video about it. Or not. I don't care. If you are sure about your endeavour I can send you the KDITD WAD to you. Also for those that wanted an Infernum Lord spritesheet, here you go. https://imgur.com/a/dsxX4ac

32 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Thanks! Now make a video about it. Or not. I don't care. If you are sure about your endeavour I can send you the KDITD WAD to you. Also for those that wanted an Infernum Lord spritesheet, here you go. https://imgur.com/a/dsxX4ac

Thanks for the sheet. But like what I said, I may not do the port due to what I said prior. I'll still try though.

Edit: About the wad, I don't need it as I just extracted the wad from 32X Delta rom.

1 hour ago, Wavy said:

Thanks for the sheet. But like what I said, I may not do the port due to what I said prior. I'll still try though.

Edit: About the wad, I don't need it as I just extracted the wad from 32X Delta rom.

You'll probably need for Episode 2 since exporting it corrupts it.

Just ported E1M1 from Delta to the GBA!

Took a bit of work, but here we are! Should mention a few things:

• Level geometry will be kept intact from 32X Delta.
  • Texture variety will be lowered. This is due to how adding new textures can corrupt other textures in levels, but I can replace unneeded textures with textures of my liking (i.e replacing Hell textures with tech base textures for episode 1).
  • Probably best to play with static lighting. The vanilla maps can chug sometimes with dynamic lighting, so with the more detailed maps from Delta, I'd suggest to play with static lighting.
  • Yes, I am aware about the GBA PrBoom port, but I think doing stuff like this is fun.

For anyone curious about when I'll release episode 1, give me about a week I would say.

But anyways, thanks to @Roebloz for his work on Doom 32X: Delta!

10 hours ago, Wavy said:

Just ported E1M1 from Delta to the GBA!

Took a bit of work, but here we are! Should mention a few things:

• Level geometry will be kept intact from 32X Delta.
  • Texture variety will be lowered. This is due to how adding new textures can corrupt other textures in levels, but I can replace unneeded textures with textures of my liking (i.e replacing Hell textures with tech base textures for episode 1).
  • Probably best to play with static lighting. The vanilla maps can chug sometimes with dynamic lighting, so with the more detailed maps from Delta, I'd suggest to play with static lighting.
  • Yes, I am aware about the GBA PrBoom port, but I think doing stuff like this is fun.

For anyone curious about when I'll release episode 1, give me about a week I would say.

But anyways, thanks to @Roebloz for his work on Doom 32X: Delta!

Thanks for stealing our thread. Just kidding.

7 hours ago, Roebloz said:

Thanks for stealing our thread. Just kidding.

I hope you're not too bugged by it. I'll try to only update occasionally if that's fine by you.

I just finished the first two maps, pretty good so far. In the second map I noticed a tecture error in that room where there are three pillars with a backpack in the middle one. The back sides use the stone texture which doesn't fit. Also, in that map I pressed a switch and a little platform with a rocket launcher and an imp came down but it quickly went back up, did I miss the rocket launcher? The button is 1-use it seems.

6 hours ago, VGA said:

I just finished the first two maps, pretty good so far. In the second map I noticed a tecture error in that room where there are three pillars with a backpack in the middle one. The back sides use the stone texture which doesn't fit. Also, in that map I pressed a switch and a little platform with a rocket launcher and an imp came down but it quickly went back up, did I miss the rocket launcher? The button is 1-use it seems.

I ported the original maps and didnt change any switch types. (Unless I cut an area of course) Can you send me a screenshot?

5 hours ago, Roebloz said:

I ported the original maps and didnt change any switch types. (Unless I cut an area of course) Can you send me a screenshot?

It is a bit hard to grab a screenshot, can you search for a backpack for the first thing (with the pillars) and search for a rocket launcher for the second thing? Both are on E2M2.

51 minutes ago, VGA said:

It is a bit hard to grab a screenshot, can you search for a backpack for the first thing (with the pillars) and search for a rocket launcher for the second thing? Both are on E2M2.

Is it the blue room with the switches that open doors?

21 minutes ago, Roebloz said:

Is it the blue room with the switches that open doors?

If there are three pillars that rise when you get near and the middle one has a backpack, then yeah!

Do you think it would be possible to port Doom II to the 32x rom? I mean, with limited monsters, sure 

2 hours ago, Lol 6 said:

Do you think it would be possible to port Doom II to the 32x rom? I mean, with limited monsters, sure 

e-Doctor made a port, but it includes no new textures I believe.

8 hours ago, Lol 6 said:

It would. Im not doing that.

And E3M1 is done! The only bugs present are the collapsing platforms in the lava not properly collapsing, and the entrance to the room across said pool is visible (I'll probably put a door there or something.)