Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

What fake name do you use at restaurants?

Why would you do this? I mean, if you're a bad tipper or an asshole in general, people are gonna recognize you by your looks more than your name.

3 hours ago, Murdoch said:

My first name is Joel, so I feel your pain.

My first name is Joseph, so I feel many forms of pain including: Joe, Joey, Josh, Joshua, Josey, Jose, and even Josephine!

@Redneckerz

Dick Thunder.

Also i am an adult and the fact that you use fake names at a teenage snack junction like McDonalds is high-school humor at best, and it ain't even funny.

And yet you participated in the thread by coming up with an answer that only a braindead toddler would laugh at.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

I didn't know that the Starbucks fad/joke of vendors writing your name on cups is commonplace in your location. "Oh let's see how they'll misspell my name next, hahaha".

2 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

@Redneckerz

And yet you participated in the thread by coming up with an answer that only a braindead toddler would laugh at.

I mean, whoosh. Just highlighting how easy a very silly answer can be.

You did get it right who would laugh at that, though.

30 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

I mean, whoosh. Just highlighting how easy a very silly answer can be.

You did get it right who would laugh at that, though.

Lately it seems that anytime I see a post by you, it's something negative or condescending, usually against people who are simply having harmless fun or having a casual conversation, or against new members who don't know what they're doing yet. If you wanted to point out how easy a simple answer was, all you had to do was say "Dick Thunder". Instead you have to act like a Dick Thunder by throwing out insults for no reason, and the fact that you think @Clippy was being serious when he made this thread shows that maybe you are the one that got whooshed.

1 hour ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Lately it seems that anytime I see a post by you, it's something negative or condescending, usually against people who are simply having harmless fun or having a casual conversation, or against new members who don't know what they're doing yet.

Please use this observation and apply it consistently across the board.

That said, a lot of posts generate cynicism due to their phrasing and composure. Alternatively, when a geniune question arises, a geniune response follows. You can see that for yourself.

Yes, lately the cynic/geniune ratio has shifted slightly, but obviously that won't stay forever.

If you wanted to point out how easy a simple answer was, all you had to do was say "Dick Thunder". Instead you have to act like a Dick Thunder by throwing out insults for no reason,

I mean:

am98sgg75r931.jpg

He does look like someone who would act like his namesake, no? (Im joking)

and the fact that you think @Clippy was being serious when he made this thread shows that maybe you are the one that got whooshed.

Also im an adult/I go by Mark. You think i was serious with that? I waa not being serious there in the spirit of the thread.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

2 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Please use this observation and apply it consistently across the board.

That said, a lot of posts generate cynicism due to their phrasing and composure. Alternatively, when a geniune question arises, a geniune response follows. You can see that for yourself.

Yes, lately the cynic/geniune ratio has shifted slightly, but obviously that won't stay forever.

I mean:

am98sgg75r931.jpg

He does look like someone who would act like his namesake, no? (Im joking)

Also im an adult/I go by Mark. You think i was serious with that? I waa not being serious there in the spirit of the thread.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.

No problem man, sometimes sarcasm is hard to identify through a computer monitor. Sarcastic cynicism is better than plain cynicism.You are a very attractive fellow, Mr. Thunder. Please don't beat me up.

Rarely, if ever, have I had an eatery ask me for a name. But given all the responses, you lot have certainly inspired me to give 'em a silly one should I ever get the opportunity. I reckon, "Suckmaster Burstingfoam" would make a good candidate hehe.

19 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

"Shub-Niggurath The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young roaming in the Darkness....your pizza's ready"

I'm going to accept as fact that you are George Costanza and this is how you order pizza.

12 hours ago, dew said:

I'm going to accept as fact that you are George Costanza and this is how you order pizza.

"George is gettin upset!"

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

My IRL name is Eli (pronounced ee-lie)

No one at restaurants has ever called me this. Never at Starbucks, Chick-fil-a, Taco Bell, anywhere I've been. They call out for Ellie (ell-ee).

Pretty peculiar to me. I would never guess that something spelled like my name would be pronounced that way... Apparently the greater public disagrees.

So now I just tell them my name is Ellie in the hopes that they'll read that and think, "ah this one is for ee-lie."

18 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

My first name is Joseph, so I feel many forms of pain including: Joe, Joey, Josh, Joshua, Josey, Jose, and even Josephine!

This is not really related but too funny not to share. I have a friend whose last name is Hine, from the German Heinz. When we were kids, he was called up at assembly at school for an award. The teacher was a very white lady obsessed with Maori culture (native new Zealand people). She pronounced his last name hin-nay, how you would if it was a Maori name. An honest mistake as there are some Maori words like wahine (woman), but I recall cringing at the time as he's very proud of his ancestry. He corrected the teacher quietly when he got on stage. Her response? "No i think you'll find it's hin-nay."

Now i know a lot of 12 year olds are not the sharpest tools in the shed but most of them know how to pronounce their own last name. She became a customer of my business years later. I managed to keep a straight face somehow. 

Edited by Murdoch

On 11/16/2020 at 7:00 PM, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Feel you on that. My name is Jason and all my life I get people calling me Justin. Most people just call me Jay. But this one girl I just met at work calls me Jace.

On 11/17/2020 at 8:18 AM, Murdoch said:

Erm... none. Unless you are evading the law I really have no idea why you would.

Which is why I use the name Maximum Chad when ordering my McRibs

On 11/16/2020 at 3:21 PM, Doomkid said:

I’ve used fake names for various things. Carl and Frank are usually my go-to fake names, after Carl Brutanananadilewski and Frank Zappa. Usually though I just use my real name because it’s nothing important.

Doomkid, I love how you think we don't all know you're just Frank Zappa reincarnated into a Doom community member.

I have never used a fake name on the rare occasions I have used Starbucks and similar establishments. Given that my chances of joining MI6 or the SAS in the near future are somewhat low, I do not expect that to change :)

Twice in a row now, I've got the wrong order because someone else called David was in the order queue right next to me - maybe I'll avoid the issue by calling myself Horatio or something equally ridiculous

8 minutes ago, DavidN said:

Twice in a row now, I've got the wrong order because someone else called David was in the order queue right next to me - maybe I'll avoid the issue by calling myself Horatio or something equally ridiculous

Your life is about to get better and so is everybody else's and glad I made this thread. 

There's nothing better than getting your own food when you order your own food

I just use my real name. Though suppose I could make an order next time with the name Mechasorlag.

On 11/16/2020 at 3:06 PM, Pegg said:

I don't tell employees my name, I don't think they'll remember it for more than 5 seconds anyway.

Occasionally they do. There was this Starbucks next to my job and one day when I walked through the door the clerk greeted me over the crowd (let's say my name was John): "Hi Johnny, how you doing? What will it be, Johnny?" I turned back and left, and never returned until they rotated that guy. It took me off guard and I really didn't like the guy memorizing my name.

It's sad because they probably make employees greet clients and call them by name, just like in McDonalds they mandate employees to smile. Still, it made me uncomfortable, I'm super reserved and I know it's entirely unnecessary for them to know my name. It really doesn't make me feel more at home or among friends or whatever. It would be just as artificial if the guy gave me a hug every time I get into the store.

so I guess that's what I get for giving my real name ;)

Tobias Rieper, and me being bald makes it more amusing. Nobody has caught on so far. 

also... I think what OP is talking about is when you go inside certain places like McDonald’s to order they will ask for the name for the order. Some don’t, and just call out a number on your receipt. It varies from place to place. You don’t have to use your actual name, your payment information is all that matters in situations like that usually. 

Edited by Gerolf