Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Personal Best Demo Thread ← POST YOUR NON-WRs HERE

On 1/6/2021 at 3:37 AM, Karatat said:

first pb of e1m1, nothin special(in fact it sucks ass) but eh

Karatat's E1M1 run.zip

Hello.

There are some problems with your submission that need solving before it can be uploaded to DSDA:
 --> The .zip .txt. & .lmp files should all have the same name according to the community's naming conventions. Download an existing run from DSDA to see an example, or read about naming conventions here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/107427-the-next-iteration-of-dsda/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-2050460
 --> In your text file, please specify the full version of the source-port (ex: Crispy Doom v5.9.0)

If you want the demo to be in DSDA, please fix the problems and re-upload the .zip file in a new forum post
Thank you for your understanding, and happy demo recording.

PS - For more info on how to record demos, write text files and submit them, check out this thread:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/116534-prboom-guide-usage-recording-demos-and-some-extra-info/

[This response was automated, but you can still reply to it, if need be]

Hi, I need some help...

I recorded a co-op demo of Sigil e3m1 on Hurt Me Plenty. The final percentage of kills was 99% (74%+25%), but when I played back the demo, we had killed all the monsters (27/27). Is that percentage normal? I'll leave the demo here so you can watch it.

SIG1-247C.zip

If it's correct, I want it to be at DSDA please :)

5 hours ago, Lol 6 said:

Hi, I need some help...

I recorded a co-op demo of Sigil e3m1 on Hurt Me Plenty. The final percentage of kills was 99% (74%+25%), but when I played back the demo, we had killed all the monsters (27/27). Is that percentage normal? I'll leave the demo here so you can watch it.

SIG1-247C.zip

That's a rounding error; each player's kill percentage is rounded down to a whole number, so the sum of the rounded values may be less than the actual percentage. Another thing that can happen (but doesn't appear to be the case here) is that when you play co-op, each player's kill percentage only counts those kills they were directly responsible for, so enemies killed via infighting are not credited to either player.

17 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

So...is that demo correct?

What matters for a "max" category is that all the monsters are dead and all the secrets are triggered, so your demo's fine.

Good! :D

Can it be uploaded to dsda? Obviously in the "other" category

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Lol 6 said:

Hi, I need some help...

SIG1-247C.zip

For co-op demos please provide, inside a zip file, the 2 lmp files with 1 single .txt file.
Also, if you're unsure if you got max kills, playback the demo afterwards with -fastdemo and -levelstat
Then, the levelstat file will have all the information you need to verify the run.

E3M8 UV Max in 0:40.80 (current record is 0:38.89 by Tatsurd-cacocaco)

Demo: e3m8-040.zip

Video: https://youtu.be/-_64QkCXdD0

Saved by the last frame. I literally thought this run was dead; that Baron was so far from me; how could it possible die in time?

Anyway, I failed the sub-40 second goal. I could probably get the sub 40 if I grinded some more, but my patience was running out. This map is not exactly very interesting to grind because it's mostly pure RNG. There are more important things to run, so this is good for now. Moving on.

Here's a coop demo of sigil, I don't know if I named the zip and demos correctly, if not please quote me

SIGIL Map1: Baphomets demense HMP MAX in 2:47 min cooperative.

SIG1sk3-247c.zip

20 hours ago, GMJuice said:

UD e1m1 Hangar UV Speed 10.94

e1m1x.zip

Hello.

There are some problems with your submission that need solving before it can be uploaded to DSDA:
 --> The .zip .txt. & .lmp files should all have the same name according to the community's naming conventions. Download an existing run from DSDA to see an example, or read about naming conventions here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/107427-the-next-iteration-of-dsda/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-2050460
 --> In your text file, please specify the full version of the source-port (ex: Crispy Doom v5.9.0)

If you want the demo to be in DSDA, please fix the problems and re-upload the .zip file in a new forum post

PS - For more info on how to record demos, write text files and submit them, check out this thread:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/116534-prboom-guide-usage-recording-demos-and-some-extra-info/

On 1/14/2021 at 5:39 AM, Cinnamon Killjoy said:

Hello.

--> It looks like you used the incorrect complevel for the demo. When in doubt, check existing runs in DSDA.

Hi there. I'm back with two more demos

ULTIMATE DOOM E1M1: "Hangar" Uv-fast in 1:33.51 min

Demo file: f1m1-133.zip

FINAL DOOM: TNT EVILUTION MAP27: "Mount Pain" Nomonsters in 1:54:51 min <----- I think that's my best nomonsters demo so far.

Demo file: ev27o154.zip

Both for the dsda please :D

level 1:entryway in 7.71 seconds. not bad for only a few hours in attempts i think.

doom2-01.zip

Edited by schlunket : fixed file name with adequate details

14 minutes ago, schlunket said:

small improvement

doom2-754.zip

If you want a tip: try to use straferun at the very beginning of the map, and shoot once with the pistol, so that the zombies and the imp will move out of your way in the hallway. You need to time the pistol shot a tiny bit, so don't shoot as soon as possible. I think you will get 6 seconds then.

9 hours ago, Looper said:

If you want a tip: try to use straferun at the very beginning of the map, and shoot once with the pistol, so that the zombies and the imp will move out of your way in the hallway. You need to time the pistol shot a tiny bit, so don't shoot as soon as possible. I think you will get 6 seconds then.

Got the time down to 6 seconds with some very noticeable collisions i know i can improve on. i think its possible for 5 seconds if i cut those corners correctly.

Doom2-674.zip