Posted (edited)

Dark Tartarus Map03 UV Max in 8:27: 

tat03m827.zip

YouTube Link:

Spoiler

Edited by BlipBlerp : Added Author name to .txt

On 3/31/2021 at 1:07 PM, Coincident said:

Hello.

Your E1M1 and E1M4 demos have run/strafe inputs and do not check out as a Strollers.

Really?

Damn... Could it be because of vertical mouse movement enabled?

I realized afterwards that I forgot to turn it off.

Well, I'll have to replay the levels then haha.

Thanks for your answer.

If you're using pr+ or dsda-doom, I recommend playing with -stroller when doing stroller runs. It takes care of -turbo 50 so you don't have run tics and shuts off strafe bindings as well.

6 hours ago, kraflab said:

If you're using pr+ or dsda-doom, I recommend playing with -stroller when doing stroller runs. It takes care of -turbo 50 so you don't have run tics and shuts off strafe bindings as well.

Thanks!

I'm using crispy doom.

I don't know what happened, since my e1m2 run was correct, but the two others weren't.

I'll try it again soon.

On 3/31/2021 at 1:27 PM, BlipBlerp said:

Dark Tartarus Map03 UV Max in 8:27: 

tat03m827.zip

Hey, @BlipBlerp, welcome to the forums. :) Could you add your player alias to the textfiles in your two Dark Tartarus zips? It doesn't break uploading since we typically use your Doomworld alias anyway, but it is good practice so viewers can identify the zips later.

4 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Hey, @BlipBlerp, welcome to the forums. :) Could you add your player alias to the textfiles in your two Dark Tartarus zips? It doesn't break uploading since we typically use your Doomworld alias anyway, but it is good practice so viewers can identify the zips later.

I think they should've been updated now. Thanks!

Final Doom TNT: Evilution Map 11: Storage Facility UV-SPEED in 0:24.10 sec. By :[Lol 6]:

Zip: ev11-024.zip

Commets: Slow, I know, it’s obvious that this run is far from optimized, especially because of the imps, their trajectory is SO, SO RANDOM, you can see it in the demo

Hi!
New to this kind of thing and new to here. Posting the result of my first grind for pacifisting The Chasm.
Was planning on doing a full game run of Doom 2 but figured I'd NEED to get consistent at The Chasm or suffer and this felt like the best way to do that.

Zip: LV24p054.zip

Posted (edited)

Hi!
Posting my 2nd run. Was grind map 11 because I wasn't all that consistent on the jump to the backpack or flipping the switch from below fast.
After 144 attempts of lowering my time for a uv speed run and figuring I could do better I got some sort of 0:40 which just absolutely surprised me when I got it.

Zip: LV11-040.zip

Also a question, I notice that my demos look a bit off from others I've seen, namely that I'll get to the end and press escape or hit the red x and it'll start the next map at the end of the recording. I was wondering if this would affect the validity of the demos and also how to not have this happen.

Hi!
Posting some Doom 2 Map 1 runs. I figured doing some map run 1 of the 4 main wads was the thing to do early on and decided to start with Doom 2's map 1 because

I already did 2 other runs of this wad and because I already knew the formatting for the file name for it honestly that was the biggest reason I chose this wad first

Did a UVpacifist run and couldn't quite squeeze that 5 second run in my 500 attempts, just not confident enough with sr50 to really use it will return to this when I am.
Zip: LV01p631.zip

Also did a UVtyson run of map 1. It's such a funny and great category to me and I just wanted to give it a try on a map, and even if I did have to deal with the chainsaw for all 90 attempts I enjoyed it. Got a 0:51 run and for now I am satisfied with that but I can get lower once I build some confidence with being in things faces.
Zip:
LV01t051.zip

So here's my obligatory first demo/first speedrun post: Doom 2 Map21 UV Speed in 19.29.

I think it's decent, and it was a ton of fun to try. I'd estimate a ballpark of around 300-400 attempts or so in total. I read as many guides as I could find on demo guidelines and conventions, so I think I included all the relevant info; let me know if I goofed anywhere. I'm not 100% sure if the zip/txt/lmp naming is correct in regards to the "Next Iteration of DSDA" convention; I went with the way other runs appeared for Map 21 on DSDA currently.

lv21-1929.zip

The Ultimate Doom E1M1: Hangar Uv-tyson in 1:24.8 min by :[Lol 6]:

Zip: t1m1-124.zip

Comments: It may have been a 1:23 if only the ending was perfect. But, I’m happy with this result

I'll post an Alien vendetta demo in a while.

Just a little question, is posting demos recorded with FreeDoom allowed?

Hi!
Posting a UVmax run of Doom 2's map 1.
Right before this I did a uvtyson run and I thought this would be a couple hours grind since they were kinda similar. That was 2 days and 654 attempts ago. Only now

have I learned that having to use the chainsaw in this map is a blessing because it doesn't mean having to rely on rng from the shotgun. Happy to have gotten this run

finally and now I can move on to a map that isn't entryway cause I've been grinding it out the past 4 days. Think I've used the chainsaw more the past 4 days than I have my whole 8 months or so playing doom.

Time: 0:50:97

Zip: LV01-050.zip