Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kraja

I.H.N.I. Episode 1 (no - the other one)

5 minutes ago, Kraja said:

Wait, what?

That's one hell of a bug - how did that happen?

I gotta fix that ASAP

No idea. I hit the final "Exit" switch, and the cutscene started. It obviously went directly to Phase 2, and when I got back control the Cyberdemon instantly despawned.

EDIT: For reference, I am using GZDoom 4.4.2 and was playing I.H.N.I. build 6.pk3

@klaymeb

Ok - two questions:

What difficulty are you playing on, and on what version of the mod?

There was a bug in 1.0 that prevented easier versions of the cybie from spawning on lower difficulties, and since the hardest version was locked for UV then i think i know what happened:

After triggering that fight the cybie health tracking script saw that his hp was below 50% (cause it was 0 since there was no cybie there at all), triggered the phase 2 cutscene, then compared that health value again, went all "aw crap! his health is at 0! that means you must've killed him!" and just went nuclear.

But hey - it *should* work now in the current 1.01 version.

I was playing on HMP, so it sounds reasonable. I'll redownload and take another shot at it!

The reveal of the boss fight is pretty damned cool! I want to see the rest for myself :D

@Kraja: there we go - I got the latest version, and it works on HMP :) Thanks!

Edited by klaymeb

IMO the final boss is way too much of a bullet sponge. I am bored to death, before even halfway through the encounter. The two phases are good, but I would take away at least half its health.

I am one of those people who played the original release and I think you're being hard on yourself. It was a solid offer with some memorable setpieces. As a further example of that, playing this remaster I realised that three years later and I still remember the map layouts. Having said that, the desire to improve is commendable. And the end result is definitely worth it. The changes, when compared to original, are jaw-dropping. I only wish the performance in some parts of the third map was better.

I just watched Al's video. Seriously impressive maps, mate. It's surreal to have played the original and then to see what they became.

So, I finally had the time to sit down and play MAP03 to completion.

I really like the cut-scene and the design of the boss. It looks really good and menacing! There are two things that I would really wish for with this final battle: Lowering the number of hit points on the Boss; and letting it run around the arena with you. 

Both of these combined make the final fight somewhat boring - he takes far far too much to bring down, and combined with the static nature, the fight is just an overlong circle strafe. You'd do your hard work on the WAD more justice if fighting the boss was more involved.

I love the aesthetics, the layout of the maps and the atmosphere. The final fight is just a bit of a let-down after such a cool experience!

1 minute ago, klaymeb said:

Both of these combined make the final fight somewhat boring - he takes far far too much to bring down, and combined with the static nature, the fight is just an overlong circle strafe. You'd do your hard work on the WAD more justice if fighting the boss was more involved.

Ok, i'll admit his HP might be a bit too high.

But the thing with that boss is that... he's faster, attacks more often and uses patterns that prevent you from circlestrafing on UV. 

I guess i'll have to tweak the one on HMP to match the UV experience more closely. 

Try it on UV now and you will see what i mean :)

1 hour ago, Kraja said:

But the thing with that boss is that... he's faster, attacks more often and uses patterns that prevent you from circlestrafing on UV. 

I did notice that he was leading his shots, which admittedly got me the first time ;)