Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Serum

What other forums do you frequent?

One rule - Reddit doesn't count.

I frequent a couple for music software, and a couple for Linux distributions.

How about you?

Magic Dosbox

Android Dosbox port that lets you make very sophisticated custom widget sets tailored for each game. This is how I do most of my gaming. Some of the more sophisticated widget sets that users have contributed make it feel like you're playing a fully-fledged Android port.

ConSimWorld

Community for historical tabletop wargames, or "Conflict Simulations". I tend to spend more time on their Discord lately, however.

I don't care for other forums, y'all are lucky. No but back then I used to go on a forum called Poetry Circle or something and posted some of my work there. I don't write much poetry now so I just left.

None. The generally civil tone of Doomworld makes it infinitely superior to pretty much every other forum I have seen that's not a certain forum I cannot speak of.

5 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

None. The generally civil tone of Doomworld makes it infinitely superior to pretty much every other forum I have seen that's not a certain forum I cannot speak of.

What do you mean? What certain forum?

37 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

What do you mean? What certain forum?

I could tell you but I'd have to kill you. 

Just ZDF and DW, neither have the time or interest to spend time on more.

The only forum I frequented before coming here was YouChew for the last three years of its life before it died back in mid-2018. Doomworld is my home now and it's been an awesome 4 months :^) 

3 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Yeah, but why?

Some things must remain private...

Similar boat to Doomkid here - I'm registered on ZDF and DB, but check those rarely, whilst I'm on DW multiple times most days for some creepy lurking and the odd post. Discord gets more of my time these days. I'm not sure I've ever registered on a forum outside of the Doom community and these days they're no longer a particularly popular medium, so even if the forum would've been interesting a few years ago, there's no point signing up now.

I used to be active on Halo Waypoint but my interest died.

I have a Duke4net account but rarely do I post there, I just lurk.

I moderate the Xbox Doom Community on the Console and the subsequent Discord, Xbox players can be right little shits haha most of my posts on the console are me telling people off, comes with the platform I guess.

I used to exist briefly on ModDB but eh.

Used to post a lot on the other Doom forum (that one) but I deleted myself, I have a ZDoom forum account but it isn't really my thing and Zandronum falls into this category too.

Never really ventured out there, maybe should join some other place.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:05 PM, N1ck said:

I don't care for other forums, y'all are lucky. No but back then I used to go on a forum called Poetry Circle or something and posted some of my work there. I don't write much poetry now so I just left.

Spoiler

Ye bards!
What poet, giving up, can call

themselves emerging talent?

This forum and ZDoom Forums only, really. I used to browse the Blockland Forums but the playercount of Blockland has fallen to around 50~ at peak hours and the forums reflect that. Any other forum site I stumble across nowadays seems to be a virtual graveyard; the entire site is either completely dead, or only the off-topic section is semi-active while the last post to any other subforum was in 2015.

doomworld and zdoom forum

mostly doomworld since the zdoom forum is not exactly buzzing with activity

and a danish tech oriented forum

Edited by CBM

Quaddicted: I've been playing a lot of Quake this year thanks to Arcane Dimensions. I've been using Quaddicted and it's forum to find some great Quake maps. I'm currently playing through Rubicon 2 and the Rubicon Rumble Pack.

I don't frequent any other forums at the moment.

None. Outside of Reddit, Doomworld is all I can stomach because no signature images or elitism.