• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zamuel Doom

What is your best time on Doom 2 MAP01?

6 hours ago, Zamuel Doom said:

i dont have video(yet) but i do have a pic

F12, PrtScr...

If you have Win10 you have screen record built-in: https://www.polygon.com/2015/7/31/9081715/windows-10-game-bar-how-to-record-screen-video

You can upload directly to here, or - to save on your quota - upload to a free file host (dropbox, github, facebook etc.) and link back.

This might be of interest as well:

https://www.speedrun.com/doom2/Level_1_Entryway

The world record is 5 seconds, with the TAS being 4. I'm not an expert, but overall it seems like you did quite a good run!

49 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Activate Windows

Good spot :-)

Or use Ubuntu - it's free and GZDoom runs natively... And will run better on the same hardware...

the computer is from the year 2005 and i dont wanna activate windows. Also DSC cool thing to know, and i will say that the difficulty was normal or whatever the name is for that. Also Smeghammer thx for the advice. Oh and also the doom that im running is the steam version.

i cant use the windows game box because it says that i dont have the right hardware for recording videos but i can take pics of my stuff. this time i can see the exact time.

20201120_182059.jpg

On 11/19/2020 at 11:22 AM, Zamuel Doom said:

What times do you have on doom 2 first map? my own time is 7 seconds. i dont have video(yet) but i do have a pic

20200922_202032.jpg

I've spent some time trying to beat your time, and today, I've acomplished my goal:

• Engine Used: GZDoom
  • Screenshot Tool: Lightshot (I didn't know what else to use lol)
  • Difficulty: I'm too young to die!

Note: I tried to upload it to a free file host like Dropbox, Github etc. so I could've linked the image, but, I didn't know how to upload the image to them.

Another note 'cause why not: I don't mean any harm.I'm not saying that I'm better than you, I just wanted to challenge myself because I love Doom II :)

unknown.png

Edited by ImSeriouss

Okay, it's been 21 hours since I got a time of 0:06 on MAP01 on I'm too young to die! difficulty.

I've then thought that it was too easy, so I decided to try to get a time of 0:06 on MAP01 on Hurt Me Plenty! difficulty, and I've tried to achieve that,

And I've done it...but there're some problems I want to adress.

• Engine used: GZDoom
  • Difficulty: Hurt Me Plenty!

I've now recorded the gameplay with FRAPS (as shown in the screenshot of the "finish" level screen), but I again tried to upload it to a free file host and here are the problems with it:

• Google Drive - It's too slow because I have an internet connection of 250kB/s average, but Google Drive uses only 80-120kB/s,
  • Dropbox - I simply cant acces the website for some reason, it just shows an error lol

I don't know any other free file host website, I've thought of uploading it to Youtube, but I don't want to do that because of private reasons.

I would appreciate if someone told me a free file host website other than Google Drive and Dropbox :)

These two screenshots are the only evidence of me actually pulling off a 0:06 time on MAP01 on Hurt Me Plenty! difficulty until I find a way to share the video file.

image.png.1af6af4d154b55b69cc2ad303a42258c.png

evidence.png.16147cc0b92a81eebacdf60540e35a31.png

I'm definitely not a speedrunner by any means, but I thought I'd try it out in earnest for a laugh. Personal Best seems to sit at 0:08 secs at this point, so that's neat I guess hehe. Here's a video showing the few attempts I made.

Imseriouss, Congrats! Shame that the google drive problems are there. I myself think that the limit that i can go on doom 2 E1M1 is 7 seconds cuz i tried like a gazillion times to get 6 seconds but my lowest rn is 7.17 seconds on E1M1.

20201123_183409.jpg

7 minutes ago, Zamuel Doom said:

Imseriouss, Congrats! Shame that the google drive problems are there. I myself think that the limit that i can go on doom 2 E1M1 is 7 seconds cuz i tried like a gazillion times to get 6 seconds but my lowest rn is 7.17 seconds on E1M1.

20201123_183409.jpg

Thanks! I've practiced to get that 0:06 and I'm sure that you'll get it too! Just practice and strafe and you will get it really fast! :)

Well, I have achieved these times:

• MAP01 I'm too young to die! [Easy] 0:06,
  • MAP01 Hurt me plenty! [Normal] 0:06

Then, I thought to face the real challenge, and that is MAP01 Ultra-Violence [Hard] difficulty 0:06.

I grinded all day and recorded every attempt, then I tried to see if I would get 0:06 but without recording it, it was a mistake.

I achieved 0:06, but didn't record it, I wasted almost half a day to achieve this goal.

Then today, I tried again but recording every attempt, and I got it...

It was an Awful grind, but a fun one.

I've decided to upload the footage to Youtube no matter what, and here's the video:

UV-Speedrun MAP01 0:06

On 11/20/2020 at 4:46 PM, Zamuel Doom said:

the computer is from the year 2005 and i dont wanna activate windows.

That's older than my current basic balloon rig. As for not wanting to activate Windows: Why? ''I don't wanna'' hardly constitutes as a reason, but you do you

19 hours ago, Zamuel Doom said:

20201123_183409.jpg

.... why are you still taking a photo of your screen versus taking an actual screenshot?

On 11/20/2020 at 11:39 AM, DoomGater said:

Why hurry so badly, when you enjoy playing doom?

I have played the game fully, and i wanted to try something new

1 minute ago, Zamuel Doom said:

I have played the game fully, and i wanted to try something new

Same, this thread has motivated me to speedrun Doom II, and by now, I'm 7th in the leaderboards for MAP01 on speedrun.com.

Speedrunning is most likely gonna become a hobby for me, just because it is fun and I enjoy it. :)

43145158_Screenshot(89).png.f948c400154c5919403fefdddce80284.png

My best time is 0:08! :) Played in Crispy Doom

I may be able to pull of an 0:07 or perhaps an 0:06 someday, it needs a whole lot of good practice and good strategy to pull off. :)

I managed to get a 7 on UV (GLBoom+). I got a 6 with TAS (30% game speed, permanent SR50). I could probably get a 6 in regular play if I grind my ass for a day or two, but I am already sick of this map and d_runnin. 

Capture.JPG

probably playing deathmatch with bots. those were the days where i got hooked up DMing for like 3 hour straight with bots.