Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TenenteZashu

Post your weirdest finding on the internet

Partially inspired by the ''Found this perfectly preserved old website.'' thread I invite you to post weird things you came across while browsing, from videos to websites.

There's this artogant nutbag on YouTube called hans wormhat who basically believes everything is a conspiracy. Even fucking penguins. He's either a class A troll or a class A weirdo whos a genuine risk. That level of intense paranoia usually gets worse, and often it does not end well.

This music video:

Spoiler

It's all kinds of weird, yet oddly fun to rewatch on occasion. Apparently, though, there's a deeper meaning behind the seemingly disjointed chaos - I stumbled upon an article talking about it the other day, and the following excerpt caught my eye:

“Very Noise is an attempt to transcribe on video the synthesis of numerous testimonies of stroke victims that we have collected over the past few years,” explains David Nicolas of Meat Dept. “About 3/4 of the stroke victims are heterosexual white males over 50 years old, and the visions that arise from these experiences are in common with the neuroses of this category of the population. Identity disorder, existential anxieties linked to erection problems, transfer phenomenon to a more sporty image of the father, a burning desire for extreme but playful activities such as motocross or solo rock climbing…”

Link to full article: https://www.itsnicethat.com/articles/meat-dept-digital-film-310120

12 hours ago, TenenteZashu said:

Partially inspired by the ''Found this perfectly preserved old website.'' thread I invite you to post weird things you came across while browsing, from videos to websites.

Good to know I'm inspiring.

Anyways, my weirdest finding might either be zombo.com or some other weird website.

https://south32.com/

I found it a few years ago when I typed "rebbit.com" into my browser, and I'm pretty sure it has a lot of other redirects as well. I always type "rebbit.com" to access it cause that's the url I remembered, but it redirected me to all sorts of urls, most of them gibberish. It's not very interesting today, but it updates every so often, with different images and videos - maybe not exactly "different", but still distinct. I'm not sure if I have it saved anywhere, but one time it auto-downloaded a zip file with a bunch of south32-related images, and at least two distinct videos. One was a looped snippet of south 32 trailer, and another was a looped video of someone flushing money down the toilet. South32 and redundancy, those are the two big themes of this... thing.

I just looked into it, and while south32.com only currently displays 1.jpg and 2.jpg in a big loop, there's also 3.jpg and 5.jpg available.

Spoiler

3.jpg

I don't remember when I discovered this website for the first time. Maybe late 2015? I just know it was before the "South32" film premiered...

but while it seems like a real, relatively normal-looking movie, its imdb page seems to contain some more of that south32.com type of gibberish?

Okay, I just searched for it some more, and it seems someone did a more thorough analysis:

Apparently it was all meant primarily as a cybersquatting tactic against an Australian mining company now located at https://www.south32.net/, but being bad at coming up with moneymaking schemes seems like the least of "Luigi Bian"'s problems.

Edit: Oh, nice, he's made an acoustic cover of Mock 2's intermission song.

Edited by Scypek2

There is this weird site dedicated to some old dos game and people there make new content for it, those lads sound crazy.