Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Ask random questions, and they will be answered.

This thread is for asking any questions of any kind, and they will be answered, one way or another, but only intelligent questions, for this is a highly intelligent thread.

Anyways, the first question: Why do people think that hot dogs are sandwiches? A sandwich is two slices of bread, and a hot dog is one, it's completely different.

A:The term sandwiching refers to the act of squishing something between two things. 

Q:When will easily accessible and affordable android butlers/maids become available?

27 minutes ago, Doominator2 said:

When will easily accessible and affordable android butlers/maids become available?

Never, that's useless and costs too much, just make a clunky robot with all the tools to do it's job, like a Mr. Handy.

3 minutes ago, Pseudonaut said:

What is the meaning of life?

There is none for all, each one has a different meaning.

6 minutes ago, Pseudonaut said:

It's what you make of it. Also can change based as you develop. We're individuals with personal opinions and values so there's no pre-defined meaning unless you follow particular religion I suppose.

13 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Can I play with madness?

You can't play with emotions, you can only harness them.

How do I get out of this awful slog where I start on a Doom map, work on it excitedly, and then see another level somewhere else and realize my architecture/design is so primitive in comparison, and then abandon the map in frustration out of fear nobody will like it as a result?

8 minutes ago, BunnyWithBeans said:

You can't play with emotions, you can only harness them.

How do I get out of this awful slog where I start on a Doom map, work on it excitedly, and then see another level somewhere else and realize my architecture/design is so primitive in comparison, and then abandon the map in frustration out of fear nobody will like it as a result?

Keep working on the map, and ignore that instinct. The fear of embarrassment is a deceiver.

46 minutes ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

If I ate myself would I be twice as big or would I disappear completely?

Your body would not have enough time to digest your organs and limbs. You would die of blood loss before you finished. 

49 minutes ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

Like what Bunny said, you would die.

2 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Why do people think that hot dogs are sandwiches? A sandwich is two slices of bread, and a hot dog is one, it's completely different.

Subs are also one long piece of bread cut down the middle, functionally identical to a hotdog bun. Since subs are of course sandwiches, it seems an open-and-shut case.

My question is, what makes people get bored of Doom?

4 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

My question is, what makes people get bored of Doom?

Playing too much Doom in too little time. Doom is awesome but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Please I need an accurate answer to this. I'm being held at gunpoint by the FBI and will die if I can't answer this question.

14 minutes ago, Zulk RS said:

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Approximately 700 pounds of wood, actual quantity would vary depending on type of wood (different weight/density ect). For example approximately 13.73 cubic feet (2nd decimal place) of tall green silver maple According to a weight listing I found (and some dodgy maths).

I don't know I'm not a lumberjack or a scientist. 

-

I wanna know the baffling appeal of V-Tubers and more importantly what I can do to avoid them.

1 hour ago, Boaby Kenobi said:

This reminded me a South Park episode where some magician eats his head.

A hot dog is more like a taco than a sandwich, if anything.

How old is too old to wear band t shirts? Asking for a friend.

4 hours ago, Pseudonaut said:

1 hour ago, Lippeth said:

How old is too old to wear band t shirts? Asking for a friend.

Never ;^)

Edited by Biodegradable

1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

Bah! Beat me to it.

5 hours ago, Doominator2 said:

A:The term sandwiching refers to the act of squishing something between two things. 

Food between bread was around for 1000s years, but the trope namer was an English nobleman in the 17th century

will we ever get good star trek shows again, that are set in the same universe as TNG, DS9 and VOY + the 10 original movies ?

personally I loathe star trek discovery, star trek picard and the so-called modern star tek movies!

I tolerate the TOS because it is important historical background for TNG, DS9 and VOY

Will Starwars recover from the ultimate fail that is disney?

Will Dr Who recover from the last season(s)?

Will firefly return? will futurama? will stargate? will any of the cancelled shows that were lightyears ahead of anything made in hollywood these days return, without having to have past present and future, destroyed?

I'm on season three of Star Trek TOS, watching for the first time and it's seriously one of the best things I've ever seen. TNG is also amazing (arguably better in a lot of ways) and I plan to watch Deep Space Nine and Voyager afterward.

I caught part of an episode of Discovery and I can tell it's trying to be Star Trek, but...it's not. Honestly with the recent films and newer shows, the only way to make a good Star Trek show is to resurrect Gene Roddenberry, or find a hidden stash of unused screenplays. And still I'm confident that casting would somehow drop the ball.

EDIT: Forgot my question: What should I call the MIDI I'm working on?

5 hours ago, Pseudonaut said:

Bugger. Already answered. Or, according to Marvin - 'Life. Loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it.'

Q: What is the square root of -1?