Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

Most Badass Bible Lines?

I right now just reached 666 posts, so I thought about doing this thread as a celebration. What is your favorite lines from the Bible? I'm not a very religious person, so I don't really know many of them... I do really like the ones from the map titles of Thy Flesh Consumed though. And the whole Book Of Revelations, with all the Seven Seals, Seven Bowls and the battle between Heaven and Hell stuff is pretty insane too.

"In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood. Burned by the embers of Armageddon, his soul blistered by the fires of Hell and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment. In his ravenous hatred he found no peace; and with boiling blood he scoured the Umbral Plains seeking vengeance against the dark lords who had wronged him. He wore the crown of the Night Sentinels, and those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the Doom Slayer."

7 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

Matthew 21:17

From Homer The Heretic, right?

Revelations 13:18 because I read it in the cool voice from the opening of The Number of the Beast

" Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

Ezekiel 25:17 as read by "Jules Winnfield". Crap book, though.

(edit 1: By "book" I meant the bible)

(edit 2: How did I not notice Nekr0s1s made the same funny before I did? lolz)

Edited by Uncle 80

3 minutes ago, Uncle 80 said:

Ezekiel 25:17 as read by "Jules Winnfield". Crap book, though.

What are you referring to? The Bible or the Book Of Ezekiel?

King Saul wanted to get rid of David, who was in love with his daughter. So the king told him the price for her was 100 dead Philistines, thinking he would die trying. Well, David comes back with double the asking price.

"Wherefore David arose and went, he and his men, and slew of the Philistines two hundred men; and David brought their foreskins, and they gave them in full tale to the king, that he might be the king's son in law. And Saul gave him Michal his daughter to wife." - 1 Samuel 18:27. 

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

"And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. And he told those who sold the pigeons, "Take these things away; do not make my Father's house a house of trade".

— John 2:13–16

"And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money changers, and the seats of them that sold doves, And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves."

— Matthew 21:12–13

Not a fan of moneychangers ole Jesus.

15 hours ago, DSC said:

I right now just reached 666 posts, so I thought about doing this thread as a celebration. What is your favorite lines from the Bible? I'm not a very religious person, so I don't really know many of them... I do really like the ones from the map titles of Thy Flesh Consumed though. And the whole Book Of Revelations, with all the Seven Seals, Seven Bowls and the battle between Heaven and Hell stuff is pretty insane too.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? - Jeremiah 17:9

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

- Ecclesiastes 3:1-10

But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. - 1 Timothy 6:9

11 hours ago, N1ck said:

“And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed,”

Classic Doom knowledge right here.

My son, attend unto my wisdom, and bow thine ear to my understanding:

That thou mayest regard discretion, and that thy lips may keep knowledge.

For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:

But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword.

Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell.

Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them.

Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.

Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:

Lest thou give thine honour unto others, and thy years unto the cruel:

Lest strangers be filled with thy wealth; and thy labours be in the house of a stranger;

And thou mourn at the last, when thy flesh and thy body are consumed

- Proverbs 5:1-11

Stranger, when used in the Bible, means "Foreigner", by the way.