Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nick Perrin

Marines of UAC Released!!!!!

I have released Marines of UAC or MoUAC, version 1.0.
It is a partial conversion for EDGE v1.27. Any questions or comments,
please post them here! If anyone would like to review it, go ahead!

http://nick_the_doomer.tripod.com/mouac/id4.html
Just click the download link on this page. It is a zip file, 5.41 megabytes.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the things on the page
and the main page below in my signature!

ravage said:

I got a question about the gunflashes. Are they spawned like bullet casings?

Yeah... But they won't be in desert warrior. This is like my first PC, so i was just testing stuff.

As for the invalid URL thing, it should work fine. Does for everyone else. Someone please tell me what you think! Don't forget secondary fires and the like! And tell me if the scripting in the beginning works when the marine talks to himself.

Please tell me what you think!!!!!

BOOOORING. Wow, I get a bunch of guns which are all realistic. AMAZING...LY GAY. Dude, realism has totally made this mod lame. Where are the futuristic weapons? Where are the mad explosives and all that funky shit? Seriously, the realism kills the mod. Oh BTW, I love the Jackhammer, twas the only weapon I could stand using.

I know, I felt that too when I played, and this is only
the first version of MoUAC, and it was never leaned toward realism.
I still have a lot of work to do on the explosives, but MoUAC is after all my first PC. I focused more on learning effects and stuff, just learning my DDF at the beginning stages. However, like you said, I seem to find everyone loves going around stomping ass in 10-round sprees with the jackhammer... I think I'll revamp and rerelease MoUAC... hmmm... Also the m82a1 kicks raw ass and the oicw's sec-fire is pretty fast, and the m79 makes for fun fights with bigger demons.

Did I mention the M249 SAW? BANGBANGBANGBANG

Hey Nick, you said that Mouac would only run in Gl right? Works fine in Software mode. :)

Oh yeah, sorry, what i meant was some things would be missing, stuff that requires dynamic lighting.

So how do you like it? Be honest like BBG, as you can see I don't care if you don't like it, it helps me to build better mods later anyway.

Nick Perrin said:

Oh yeah, sorry, what i meant was some things would be missing, stuff that requires dynamic lighting.

So how do you like it? Be honest like BBG, as you can see I don't care if you don't like it, it helps me to build better mods later anyway.

Runs slow on my comp. Gl has no sound. But that's my comps probs.
There were too many realistic weapons. That, and many of them acted the same. I got a question. On the SPAS, don't you think the secondary fire is a bit redundant? Sure, it's pump-action, but it takes longer than normal fire, no change in damage, and you still have to reload. You should have put in some futuristic weapons, and made the grenades more damaging. (More explosive weapons couldn't hurt any, why not a RL?)

I think my favs were the M3 Combat Shotgun, MP5 Navy, M82A1's scope, M1911, and M-61 grenades.

Hope this helps you. :)

It does help! Thanks. In the next version of MoUAC I actually plan to revamp the m-61 grens altogether to make them a more devastating piece of weaponry. Plus other fix-ups.

Nick Perrin said:

It does help! Thanks. In the next version of MoUAC I actually plan to revamp the m-61 grens altogether to make them a more devastating piece of weaponry. Plus other fix-ups.

Dude, a hint, do some funky shit with the guns. Make the jackhammer alt shoot slugs instead of buckshot which makes it better at a distance but a slower rate of fire. Add a minigun. Add a friggin' laser cannon or some shit. Add a flamethrower (A MUST!!!!!!!!!!!) maybe with the alt attack of the napalm cannon from Blood Plasma Pack. Shit like that. Do that, then I'll get more interest. Oh and a Desert Eagle too. With the nade launcher, make the alt like to load up and fire a gas grenade or some shit. Also, make things destructable, like corpses, lamps and other shit. Also, add smoke effects to things like the buring barrel and the torches and stuff.

Taking into account that this is your first PC, It's pretty good. Aside from the points that ravage and BBG have already made, the only thing I could add is that the weapons are a little unbalanced. (Mind you, people who worry about that kind of thing tend not to use weapon mods anyway).

As ravage said, a lot of the weapons are a little redundant. if your bent on having real world weapons, then how about implanting some of the different types of grenades out there like phosphors grenades or gas grenades? or claymore mines! Those could be fun...

I did like the area damage on the zombies... Heh, look forward to seeing in on other monsters... I had no idea it was even possible! Neat!

PS, those weapons where ripped from CS weapon mods right? Did you just take heap of screen shots, or do you have a better method like recording movies and playing them back really slowly, or using a model viewer to view one frame at a time?

Thanks for the suggestions BBG. And yes, for the weapons I used a model viewer. It took a LOT of time altogether. There's gonna be a Deagle in Desert Warrior, so I can't really include it here. Glad you liked it as my first PC though.

BTW, thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I'll go make it kick some real ass. But just wait for Desert Warrior, you'll see some crazy shit there, and not just in weapons.

BigBadGangsta said:

Add a flamethrower (A MUST!!!!!!!!!!!) maybe with the alt attack of the napalm cannon from Blood Plasma Pack. Shit like that. Do that, then I'll get more interest.

I could never get the secondary napalm cannon fire to work... I'm not sure if I was using the plasma pack though. It basically makes a huge array of explosions right? I'll do that. I'll also make the alt fire of the SPAS-12, as it's pump for no reason, shoot the slug. That'll make you really have to choose between the SPAS and Jackhammer. I'll make the smoke for torches too. I'm also probably going to totally erase some redundant weapons like the m4, but keep the oicw and such.

Expect a really crazy futuristic weapon.

I downloaded it late last night and I'd like to say that's pretty good stuff for a first Mod. Hell, I was actually expecting less quality :p. But It turned out better than I expected. Good job overall, I just hope there's a rail gun or a kickass flamethrower in the next release. (Or is there? I didn't check the entire mod out on account it was late at night around 12:15-ish.)

No, there isn't, but still, if you played MoUAC at 12:15 play it again, because there are a LOT of weapons. And you may not switch to all of them at first, uh, switch.

Yes, the next release will own all your HELPFUL comments!! RARARARARAR!

Nick Perrin said:

There's gonna be a Deagle in Desert Warrior, so I can't really include it here.

Sure you can, but do it like this. Add an upgrade that adds a 10 inch barrel w/ extended clip which makes it reload after 10 instead of 7, and the 10 inch barrel makes it stronger. Plz? I've ALWAYS wanted to see that in a mod.

BigBadGangsta said:

Sure you can, but do it like this. Add an upgrade that adds a 10 inch barrel w/ extended clip which makes it reload after 10 instead of 7, and the 10 inch barrel makes it stronger. Plz? I've ALWAYS wanted to see that in a mod.

If you want to see a Desert Eagle, download my mod! It's in the style of Action HalfLife and it also looks cartoony.

It's right here:
http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/enter.html

Oh yes, speaking of which LC, you didn't use my edited ddfatk.ddf for Lizard-ICD that fixes the silenced MP5 and single pistol casings.

Whatever, just change the x_offset of the silenced mp5 casing to minus-something, until it works, and change the x_offset of the pistol casing to 0. That should do it.

I like it.

Many sprites are little TOO big.
I love the explosions.

The thing I liked best was that you can blow the arms of the zombiemen.
That made them more dangerous because you need to shoot them twice.

The arm-zombie thing made the game ALOT more scary. Now the zombies act like zombies. Why not take it a step further and make the zombies even more zombielike.

This is a senario I would like to see:
- A zombie comes "walking" twoards you.
1:st shot: Nothing happens
2:nd shot: Moans and starts walk faster twoards you.
3:rd shot: the arm falls off (still fighting)
4:th shot: Falls down (but gets up again)
5:th shot: Second arm falls off.
-Now the zombie starts to run twoards you and starts to bite you.
6:th shot: Gets even more angry.
7:th shot: One leg falls off
-The zombie twists and turn on the ground and tries to bite you whenever you get near.
8:th and 9:th shot: Moans, twists and turns.
10:th shot: Finally kills the zombie.

Thanks. I might do that in a far future version of MoUAC, or make it just an add-on patch that super-zombifies the zomebiemen. In mouac v1.1, you'll be able to shoot the zombies down with slugs, making a gaping hole in their stomachs, knocking them back in a flurry of blood(the effect is already done). Saves the arm-destroying. Or you can just use the m249 to mow them down without wasting any time.

PS- Which sprites are TOO big? I can fix that with sprite scaling... So just tell me which ones.

Nick Perrin said:

Which sprites are TOO big? I can fix that with sprite scaling... So just tell me which ones.

Well, they´re not too big so they cause glitches or something like that. It´s just that nearly all of the weapons on the ground look too big. In vanilla doom the weapons are big too, but it looks just wierd when a zombie drops an assaultrifle the size of a normal person.
Scale them down just a bit and it will probably look better.

Another thing is that the muzzleflame sometimes gets missplaced when you walk stairs and strafeing.

Other than that I have no things to "complain" about

Oh, and here's a bug report: When the Zombieman only has one arm, you can walk through him. This is because you set him as a DROPITEM.

Anyways, on the next version, go over the top with "area damage". I want to see pinkies running around minus their lower jaws, harmlessly trying to gum you to death, or legless revernauts using their missile launchers to propel themselves across the floor in an attempt to bite at your legs.

Ghostpilot said:

In vanilla doom the weapons are big too, but it looks just wierd when a zombie drops an assaultrifle the size of a normal person.
Scale them down just a bit and it will probably look better.

You're using EDGE v1.27, right? The mod will not work at all in vanilla doom, Or any older EDGE versions. as it uses DDF for the sprite scaling, vanilla doom will not work. Most of the weapon sprites have different sprite names anyway. The sprites are that size on purpose to have more detail, but with sprite scaling they become normal size with detail. Like the casings.

And lord trasher: I plan to do so, but moreso in v1.2, not really in v1.1 yet. v1.1 focuses more on fixing what's wrong with the weapons. Although never fear... I will have some surprises for you all.

Nick Perrin said:

You're using EDGE v1.27, right? The mod will not work at all in vanilla doom, Or any older EDGE versions.

You missunderstand me.
I´m using Edge v1.27. And all the things are scaled.
But some things are still too big (when seen by my eyes).
Most of the weapons are so big that they blocks your sight if there are many things on the ground infront of you (if you are in a corridor that is).