Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cipherz Gaming YT

I need help

21 minutes ago, Cipherz Gaming YT said:

OK, so I was wondering... How do I put a light or something on a wall? Like in HontE's remasters of doom ii's maps. Thanks again. 

are you talking, like, Dynamic lighting? As in the object in stuff like UDMF?
Or something else?

If it's something else, a screenshot maybe?

If you mean a decoration (some of them emit light, which may be why you calla them "light"), you can find them in the "decorations" or "obstacles" or "light sources" in the "thing" selection menu in Doom Builder. Light-emitting things only work in GZDoom's OpenGL renderer, though, but there are other ways to do lighting, like draw circles around your light source and put a brightness gradient from bright in the middle to darl on the sides. If you want to create your own decoration that emits light, you can, but you'll need to use DECORATE or ZSCRIPT, combined with a GLDEFS lump, which may get tricky.

As forgettablepyromaniac hinted, in HontE_remastered_v1_1.wad lots and lots of dynamic lights were used.

BJdj9dI.png

which is possible in the UDMF mapping format..

A dynamic light is placed close to a wall to illuminate the wall texture.

Another approach would be with brightmaps.

However, a convincing wall light fixture would best be done with a model, as in, for example, Rex's mapset Paranoid/Paranoic especially in MAP23 and place a dynamic light strategically.

uTTxPLi.png

Edited by Kappes Buur