Enhanced Weapons Pack

Adds some extra weapons to DooM.

Screenshot_Doom_20201125_102808.png.753afdbfa22588f0e1f9b6228245ac32.png

Dual Bladed chainsaw
The chainsaw, but better. 
Made by Xim

Screenshot_Doom_20201125_102750.png.6f0076aece9611f3519651001132e4b8.png

Combat Shotgun
The code was based on the Super Shotgun's behavior in Doom v1.5, while the sprites were grabbed from several sources: 
The two sprites John Romero released a while back, DrPyspy's Doom Delta, and JoeyTD's Vanilla as Fuck. 
The sound was created by overlapping the normal Super Shotgun firing sound (DSDSHTGN) over a trimmed version of the Shotgun firing sound (DSSHOTGN).
Made by GamingMarine on youtube

Screenshot_Doom_20201125_102703.png.3088813655860feff9f482e16d1bdcef.png

Minigun
Double the firepower, the more fun! Shoots 2 bullets per shot, and pretty fast, this is similar to the "super chaingun" the Spider
Mastermind sports.

Screenshot_Doom_20201125_102518.png.19deb0238b2250558197576cfa8826e5.png

RPG
Like the rocket launcher, but more powered down. It's rockets are faster, but less explosive.

Screenshot_Doom_20201125_102500.png.d45d9116dd92b74fc350c5e9006718c0.png

Grenade launcher
Similar to the one that is in SkullTag.

Screenshot_Doom_20201125_102436.png.929a28251eb0a1c15942cb1d99d1d54a.png

Plasma Shotgun
Between the Plasma Rifle and the BFG, it is in the middle. Shoots about 20 ccs of plasma.

EnhanceWeaponspack.zip

This dosen't "enhance", this just gives extra weapons with new concepts.

Also, weapons only work in cheats and console commands, and have shitty slot placements.
The RPG idle sprite is from the Abort 2 Penis launcher thingy (lol), and the Plasma shotgun plays and looks kinda strange.

There's more to address but i'm too lazy to type. 4/5 would recommend to play it just for fun.

Cool idea, but I have a few thoughts:

-When firing the RPG, the rockets are off center quite a bit, coming out to the right of the weapon.

-The new shotgun is way OP due to the rate of rife.

-The grenade launcher using the normal combat shotgun sprite is a little odd, and doesn't really make sense. The weapon isn't much fun to use since the grenades bounce everywhere, often bouncing all the way back across the room to the player, inflicting a lot of damage.

-The plasma "shotgun" appears to be using a Wolf3d style machine pistol, so this doesn't make much sense either. The sprite also needs a little work. The weapon is also kind of unsatisfying since you can't see the projectiles in flight. It feels like they are going through enemies instead of making contact with them.

-The double bladed chainsaw is just the normal chainsaw with an extra blade pasted on the other side. Since there are already double bladed chainsaws out there, with one even being the normal Doom64 chainsaw, it feels a bit unnecessary.

-The chaingun's SFX are a little weak, and the light from the muzzle flash is pretty strong.

Plus the fact that you can only use them via console commands means that they're really only useful for messing around. Why not use them as replacements? As it stands you csn't use these weapons without giving yourself every weapon in the game. I don't know if you can summon them individually, but still, having to cheat in order to use them kind of removes any practical use for the mod.

I did have fun trying them out though, experiments with new/modded weapons are always welcome.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

2 hours ago, HitBoi64 said:

This dosen't "enhance", this just gives extra weapons with new concepts.

Also, weapons only work in cheats and console commands, and have shitty slot placements.
The RPG idle sprite is from the Abort 2 Penis launcher thingy (lol), and the Plasma shotgun plays and looks kinda strange.

There's more to address but i'm too lazy to type. 4/5 would recommend to play it just for fun.

wtf i need to get this mod rn just for the pp gun

For fun, i put the text file that comes with this through google translate about a dozen times.

Another weapon
Combat rifle
The code is based on Super Shotgun's behavior in Doom v1.5 and the sprite is taken from a variety of sources:
Two goblins shot John Romero, Dom Delta DrPyspy and Vanilla JoeyTD during this time as a fuck.
The sound is produced by placing the Cooling Rifle Shooting Sound (DSDSHTGN) on the Shooting Rifle Shooting Sound (DSSHOTGN).
Created by GamingMarine for YouTube

Pistols
Double your firepower and enjoy more! It shoots twice in each shot and very fast it looks like a super chingon spider.
Sports Thoughts.
Done

Grenade launcher
Similar to SkullTag.
was made by

role play
Like a grenade launcher, just dumber. Its rockets are faster but less common.
was made by

Plasma cannon
It was located between the plasma cannon and the BFG. Releases about 20 cc of plasma.

Dual tongue
I saw a saw, but better.
Prepared by Xim