• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thermal Lance

Which game currently destroys you?

11 hours ago, Chow Yun Thin said:

Also, fuck this asshole so very much.

2-Super-Hulk.png

Honestly, he isn't so bad once you know how to beat him. He is nowhere near as hard as most of the Descent 2 bosses, especially the ice boss (level 16) and the final boss (level 24).

To beat this boss, make sure that you are "not" camping near the red door. The best way to beat him is to go inside the circular lava room and immediately kill the rest of the enemies (drillers and red hulks) before fighting him, while strafing throughout the room. Saving the invulnerability before entering his lair also helps.

I can make a demo if you want (though you need to have Descent installed for it).

1 hour ago, SaladBadger said:

I think I've played Descent long enough that I'm completely used to it's bullshit. Even the sluggish turning isn't too bad for me (though maybe I should finally get a good flight stick for constant turning...) A zero life loss run on even Hotshot is out of my grasp, but I can beat the game pretty effectively on Ace at this point. The later skills are odd because while you're much more likely to die, you're almost always getting at least one extra life every level simply due to the skill level based modifier applied at the end of each level.

It kinda reminds me of an early arcade game, though much more generous with the 1-ups.

honestly speaking, while I personally don't go beyond Hotshot, I think I could handle Ace outside of the Drillers/red hulks of Descent 1 and the boss enemies in Descent 2. For me, Rookie difficulty zero life loss run seems very much within grasp but not Hotshot and above.

Edited by ReaperAA

3 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

I'm torturing myself by trying to finish Skyrim and BOTH DLC's on Legendary difficulty.

I'm at around 50 deaths so far, half of the main story quests completed, killed off the Dark Brotherhood and I finally learnt 1/3 become ethereal shout.

All in all Destruction magic goes brrrrrrrrrr.

My favorite way to tackle Legendary is the "army of darkness" build.

Get the Aetherial Crown, link it to the Ritual Stone. You can reanimate every corpse around you, take off the Crown, put it back on, and do it again. Make sure you max out Conjuration so your army has a fighting chance.

Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition on an emulator. It's my first DMC game and I like how challenging it is but right now, I'm stuck at Nevan and she's not even hard. My problem is her third phase where she gets rid of her bat shield and tries to grab you. I don't know what to do in this, I tried doing Stinger on her but that didn't work and trying to gun her down with E&I or Spiral barely does any damage. The only way to escape her grab is by going Devil Trigger and trying to build it up can take a while. I haven't played the game in a few days so I might play again today and try some new tactics.

EDIT: It took a while but I did it, I beat Nevan. My strategy for the last phase was to jump once she gets close and attack her once her glow goes away. I also did some switch-cancelling between E&I and Spiral to make her shield go down quicker. I now have a new weapon with the same name, it's kind of difficult to use since you're vulnerable while using it. I do like its AoE attack though, it's pretty useful for crowd control.

Oh yeah, I just encountered those big ass versions of those spiders and man do I hate them. They cover the screen, they're fast af and there's just so many of them. Just fuck those spiders.

Edited by BrassKnight

On 11/26/2020 at 2:09 AM, Thermal Lance said:

Super Ghouls 'n' Ghost. 

Great game, only finished it once but fuck the 2nd run. Hopefully you've made it to the ocean level by now which is great fun... - _-

(stick with daggers btw) 

Nothings kicking my ass atm, but I've found I'm quite rusty at Dark Souls 3, I was playing the 1st one but the grind for humanity (chaos shortcut) means I've shelved it for a while, far too many hours spent farming sewer rats. 

C&C Remastered on Hard. It's not impossible, but the way I like to play, and the way you should play on Hard are just diametrically opposed. So I have to turn everything around just to finish a mission on Hard.

8 hours ago, Swordofdanu said:

Nothings kicking my ass atm, but I've found I'm quite rusty at Dark Souls 3, I was playing the 1st one but the grind for humanity (chaos shortcut) means I've shelved it for a while, far too many hours spent farming sewer rats. 

How is it a shortcut if you are grinding hours? 

The fucking hovertank level in Quake 4. Everything before is a bit dated but really fun. But the hovertank arena bit? Aarrgghhhhhh...

Most recent for me is Dark Souls SL1.  I am a much more patient person from it but egad, I don't think I'll be able to finish it.  O&S took 56 attempts, and it's a miracle I made it to the first bonfire before the first Seath encounter.

51 minutes ago, SYS said:

How is it a shortcut if you are grinding hours? 

It doesn't take too long for the 30 humanity but I do every run so in all, yeah I've spend hours in the sewers due to multiple playthroughs. 

Update on the Ghouls'n Ghost massacre.

I gave up on beating the game legit. Time to use the rewind function like crazy!

Game is way too hard for me. XD

Ive been mucking with PS1.3 on and off, its a systems/study sim of the 747 line of airliners, while i know there's addons for Xplane, MSFS that are of the same quality, there's something so charming of a full fledged simulator of a jumbo jet in DOS that is intriguing with some nice pixel art for the panels to match. I found it on Myabandonware eons ago which sadly it was taken down and replaced with a link to the much more newer version, but I managed to snag boxed copies of the original and 1.3 update and back up a easy to start dosbox setup I made myself onto a Cd-r. 

In what's beating my ass in it its mostly learning the remaining systems in the FMC and other bits and bobs that work the plane out.

Took me a while but I completed IWBTG and my god is that hard. One of the hardest mainstream games ever in my opinion.

The first two Descent games are BRUTAL! (I didn't play Descent 3 enough to see how hard it was.)

I attempted twice to complete them, Class 1 Drillers (The Chaingunner of Descent) are annoying so I hope you got homing missiles or invisibility to kill them. Red Hulks (The Revenant of Descent) are also annoying too so you better take cover as well. As for Descent II, I seriously hate Thief Bots (Bandits), them sneaky bastards are also fast too.

However it is such an achievement to complete those games in my honest opinion. I also stick to mouse and keyboard currently (I currently have a Sidewinder 3D Pro but I'd have to put together a PC with a PCI sound card that has a gameport to get it to work, and a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro but it feels stiff to my liking.)

Advice to those going to play Descent with a mouse : Don't move your mouse fast, as the capped mouse slows your turning down.