Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

Music Preference

Apart from playing games, I hear a LOT of music. Back in the days when things were easy, I loved rap and was bopping to shit from BIG and Tupac. I soon grew out of the rap "phase" and started to listening to rock alot, especially industrial and numetal. Not stuff like KoRn(apart from their self titled album which kicked ass) and the highly annoying LiMp Bizkit, but stuff like deftones, taproot, glassjaw, thursday, the used, NIN, cradle of filth, deicide, SOAD, RATM and drowning pool to name a few. Recently, I stopped listening to the mainstream artists like these, but found myself more engaged to music strictly instrumental. First it was rock instrumental like Steve Vai, Malmsteem, earlier work by Led, Doors, and R.E.M, Satriani, Autechre and Aphex Twin to name a few.

It was only two years ago when I discovered trance, listening to Sasha and Digweed perform one of their mindblowing trance sets. This shit is so damn engaging, words cannot describe it. Like my interest in doom was strictly limited to myself(in contrast to people around me), I also feel my interest in trance is limited to myself...not many people like it. I was wondering how many people here like trance/instrumental, and if you don't like it or prefer something else just list down stuff you like.

Trance DJS I like:
Sasha
Digweed
Tiesto
PvD
Klinenberg
Holden
Parks and Wilson
Quivver
Yunus
Cass & Slide
Seaman
Deep Dish
Steve Lawler
Nick Warren

Countless others....

Hmmmm Kewl. I've never heard of many of those bands or groups or that genre of music to say the least, I myself dont listen to music all that much, I preffer midi's....from games. :D

Punk and punk derivatives, as well as classic rock. Sampler records from independant punk labels are some of the best music value per dollar to be found in the free world.

i hate most all pop songs and rap, mainly gang rap. hip hop is ok but i dont listen to much of it. i dont like dance at all, i dont dance and i dont like dance clubs. i listen to alot of rock, old and new, aswell as metal. however i have not liked the newer metal wich seems to have more rap/hip hop stuff mixed in. forget limp bizket oor other like him cause they suck. classical is alright and i listen to it sometimes, some trance is cool. i dont like christian music, well i am not christian so why should I. however i have been somewhat out of it the last few years in terms of music.

Lately I'm back into Nirvana again. Other than that, I highly suggest everyone listens to Superjoint Ritual. One of Philip Anselmo's (leadsinger Pantera) sideprojects. The music is highly aggressive and really kickass.

Progressive metal, industrial and derivatives, experimental pop, progressive hip-hop, electronica, electro, trip-hop, pwad soundtracks.

I mainly listen to game music (Castlevania being best), but there are some other songs I like too. I cannot name any good artist though, because most of them only have a couple of good songs.

Rammstein, Korn, Godsmack, *sigh* yes, some Insane Clown Posse songs, Das Ich, Funker Vogt, Barry White, DMX and a ton of other singers.

I basically like all forms of dance'n'house (especially Drum'n'Base and oldstyle Gabber/Terror Hardcore), (classic) rock, garage, ...

Hell, I listen to everything! Hm, maybe with the exception of Country & Western and Schlager (Volkmusik) >:P

The good stuff from the 70's to the late 80's. Stuff like Guess Who, Fleetwood Mac, Pat Benatar, Robert Palmer, Anything by Mike Oldfield, Billy Joel, Alan Parson, LRB, the list goes on and on... The best part, is most of thoes artists are still alive. (I think)

Edit: OMG How could I forget Queen?!?!

That and a little bit of country can't hurt too much, can it? (new AND old)

Since I got my CD player to actually play music, Guess Who is a good way to say "Screw Pop Mainstream Brainwashing Shit." :)

Edit: Oh, and WTF is Trance?

Hmm...I listen to trance, yes. Trance[]Control and Oakenfold mostly. Also like Japanese Pop music (JPop), probably more than any other style. I like Kraftwerk a whole lot (or any of the older-style techno for that matter). Videogame music has always been cool. Information Society is awesome. So is classical music like Beethovin and Schubert (heh, Die Forelle). I like rock styles, too. Rammstein and Linkin Park. But, I mostly stick with JPop, techno, videogame music, and house.

And if you don't know wtf JPop is like, try at utadahikaru.com . Check out Utada Hikaru.

TeamKill said:
And if you don't know wtf JPop is like, go over to my website and look at the links at the top. Check out Utada Hikaru.

Hitcount++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I like hiphop (not the lame rap stuff though) by ppl that only Wobbo's probably ever heard of here. Also, one of my friends got me into trance a bit. But my favorite is triphop.

BTW, on a completely unrelated note, the damn librarian keeps looking over my shoulder. I'm not talking a passing glance...she sits there for ~45 seconds, and it's fucking annoying. I had to tell her for the third time that this is not a game site and i can't download any games from it. ARRRG!! And she always takes her sweet time staring at the screen...i'm posting this during one of the times she doesn't vulture around my back.

I'll give just about anything a chance except pop and country. I really don't like hard rock/punk either, which seem to be the favorite genre of the majority of the people here ^_^

My playlist is pretty diverse, though, it's got just about everything.

Nine Inch Nails, Pantera, Marilyn Manson, KMFDM, Slipknot, Korn, Nirvana, Type O Negative, Queens of the Stone Age, System of a Down, Rammstein, American Headcharge.

You know, stuff like that.

i like the sounds a drunk monkey makes when it farts on a snare drum. oh wait, no i dont! thats limp bizket. anyway i like gothic too, well some of it. like i said i have kinda been out of music for a while. some bands i like. NIN, metallica(older stuff), type o negitive, tool(and a perfect circle), pantera, rammstien, system of a down. and many other no name bands. i also like some comedy singers, listen to stephen lynches' gerble song and try not the die laughting

Yah, none of that country or rap bullshit. Other forms of music I can't stand are those annoying European music coming out these days that is in between trance/techno/something that came right outta my ass, namely music coming from France, Germany and Spain. ESPECIALLY FRENCH MUSIC...BLEAGGGHHHH

Heavy metal, alternative rock, black/gothic metal and classical.

Rap = retards attempting poetry

Anything fast paced and heavy; slow and mellow = no listening for Black Void. Everything else is just tolerable, except for country...