Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

Necroplasm - Vanilla Heretic Megawad Demo Episode

Good way on using the secret exits.

Also thanks for the vanilla Heretic love!

Gonna add it to the resent list of Heretic episodes i made for vanilla or limit removing ;)

SOSU thanks, it was interesting to play, you hide secrets well, I only found 1 on all maps, heh
Music is good!

Small errors that were found by editor checking:
E1M8: Player 3 start miss, E1M7 & E1M9: sectors with tag 999. DM start not present at all? This will lead to engine crash, if you start the DM, it's not difficult to add them, 30 seconds.

My first attempt demo, attention: more than an hour long. Record your vanilla demos guys, on Chocolate/Crispy or DOS, it would be interesting to see.

hfaNcr1.zip

15 hours ago, PVS said:

Small errors that were found by editor checking:
1.E1M8: Player 3 start miss.

2.E1M7 & E1M9: sectors with tag 999.

3.DM start not present at all? This will lead to engine crash, if you start the DM.

1. I will fix that, thanks for pointing that out

2. Tag 999 is used for the raising stairs so it's not a bug (Not sure if there is an alternative way, learned about using those tags looking at Heretic E1M1 in the editor)

3. You mean Deathmatch? My maps aren't made for that, i could add them just for it to not crash when you open Deathmatch, can i just include 1 or do i have to put all 8 starts?

And big thanks for the FDA i have not seen anyone play these maps yet outside of myself :D

Sorry for the double post but i updated the WAD!

1. Fixed the Missing Player 3 start in E1M8.

2. Fixed the slime in E1M9 changing to the wrong flat after it lowers.

3. Added 4 Deathmatch starts to every map but they were played haphazardly and i do not recommend trying to Deathmatch on these maps, they were not designed for it.

Also for people who would like to check my WAD out but are not fans of the normal Heretic balance i recommend trying out The Wayfarer's Tome by @Not Jabba

I forgot about this little errors in iwad and that people sometimes use it as an example. In fact, for Heretic stairs need tag only the first lower step sector, engine does not know anything about the 'special tag 999'. You can check: if delete tag 999 from your sectors - the stairs will work the same way, but this is not critical, you can leave it as it is, in both cases it works in vanilla.

DM starts: just for the case that the engine does not crash in DM mode, anyone can try it without reading your txt. If you like the option that your map leads to engine crash in some situation - leave it as it is. Only in my opinion: it is not difficult to add them, and it doesn't matter that map is not designed for DM, the main thing is that the engine does not crash/exit with error. Heretic have 4 DM starts.

I forgot to say yesterday: some wall torches on your maps - far from the walls, hanging in the air. Also, it seems to me that no one will ever find the big secret area behind the waterfall on E1M8, if I hadn't looked into the editor - I would never have found it, heh

Small wishes for the future maps: more areas with dinamic lights, with winds and scrollings.

4 hours ago, PVS said:

1. I forgot about this little errors in iwad and that people sometimes use it as an example. In fact, for Heretic stairs need tag only the first lower step sector, engine does not know anything about the 'special tag 999'. You can check: if delete tag 999 from your sectors - the stairs will work the same way, but this is not critical, you can leave it as it is, in both cases it works in vanilla.

2. DM starts: just for the case that the engine does not crash in DM mode, anyone can try it without reading your txt. If you like the option that your map leads to engine crash in some situation - leave it as it is. Only in my opinion: it is not difficult to add them, and it doesn't matter that map is not designed for DM, the main thing is that the engine does not crash/exit with error. Heretic have 4 DM starts.

3. I forgot to say yesterday: some wall torches on your maps - far from the walls, hanging in the air. Also, it seems to me that no one will ever find the big secret area behind the waterfall on E1M8, if I hadn't looked into the editor - I would never have found it, heh

4. Small wishes for the future maps: more areas with dinamic lights, with winds and scrollings.

1. Oh i did not know that, well i'll be keeping those tags for fun though since they don't cause any harm.

2. I added 4 DM starts on each map just in case.

3. Just fixed those, didn't know you had to put the toches in the middle of the walls lol and the secret area being pretty hard to access makes it even cooler ;D
I put a few hints around the area so i think one can figure it out, maybe on a replay but since it's an optional secret it's not much of a problem

4. I want to play around with those a bit in the next episode!

On 12/4/2020 at 11:47 PM, JagDogger2525 said:

A good thing to include is a GAMEINFO file

iwad = "heretic.wad"
startuptitle = "Necroplasm (Demo)"

Overall, it is REALLY awesome and looking forward to the full version

Thanks a ton for telling me about GAMEINFO!

I had no idea how some WADs pull off automatic IWAD loading and Custom titles.

I will be adding GAMEINFO and MAPINFO for ZDoom players after finishing all 3 episodes, same goes for a possible .hhe file for Chocolate Heretic players.

On 12/6/2020 at 8:32 PM, SOSU said:

Thanks a ton for telling me about GAMEINFO!

I had no idea how some WADs pull off automatic IWAD loading and Custom titles.

I will be adding GAMEINFO and MAPINFO for ZDoom players after finishing all 3 episodes, same goes for a possible .hhe file for Chocolate Heretic players.

You are most certainly welcome and I am really looking forward to the finished product

These are some top notch maps, I loved E1M9.

I feel like you really captured Heretic's mood and gameplay.

There is a HOM on one of the houses in E1M7 (if you go through the secret to get to their rooftops, it should be one of the houses in the corner that leads to the bag of holding).

I played through Crispy Heretic with no other mods.

Also, E1M8 could use a torch or two because some rooms are really dark.

Edited by rzh