Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elbryan42

Finished watching 24, heart won't stop thumping....

OMG, I don't know if anyone else is as obsessed with the show 24 as I am, but the last ep (5 mins ago) is just too much. I'm totally worked up about it! I can't wait a week to see what happens!

The sad part is, after next week's ep, there's a break in the action over Xmas holidays for 3 weeks. I'm gonna die!

I stopped watching TV a long time ago, but I can't stop watching this one show. TV shows don't get much better than this...

What is this show 24 of which you speak Elby, and what exactly is so good and suspenseful about it? I've never heard of it, is it a Canada only sort of show?

It's one of the few good shows FOX has left. 24 eps, each ep is an hour of the day, real time. So much happens in every ep. The last season, someone was plotting to assasinate a political candidate, but turned out to me MUCH more. This season has someone planning on setting off a nuclear bomb in Los Angeles. The first season is already on DVD, in widescreen glory. You can probably find it for cheap.

I can't tell you too much, as it'll ruin the story and spoil the sweet, sweet plot of the show.

VERY suspenseful, VERY exciting, and VERY addicting.

24 started last year. Each episode is an hour long, and each one represents one hour of the day, and it runs in real time. In other words, when they say something will happen in 20 minutes, it will be 20 minutes. There is no scene change and 20 minutes magically pass by. Also, there are many subplots, all running at the same time, and every so often, it switches from one to another without any change in time. Now, if that's all this show had going for it, it would be nothing more than a gimmick, but there's a great deal of suspense and action as well. The fact that it happens in real time only adds to the enjoyment. One thing puzzles me, though. Why did this season start at around 8 AM (forgot exactly what time) instead of midnight like last year?

Oh, and CSI (both of them) are quite good as well.

I probably would have enjoyed he first season more if I didn't already guess the ‘plot twist’ in the second last episode 7 shows in advance.

Sounds like you are obssessed Elby ;)

I never really got into this show. Don't know why, it sounded like an awesome concept for a show. But meh.

EDIT : 2000 posts Elby! :D

That's about true for me too. I watch TV when I have nothing to do.

FOX sucks it. I can't stand Boston Public, Boston schools aren't anything like the show. 24 is so insanely boring. Good god, this new bachelor show, wtf. I hate fox. Die.

The only things I find good about TV are cartoons, sitcoms, and scifi. Point blank shot, everything else is dead. Kthxbye. :P

I used to be somewhat of a TV addict, until internet came along. Yeah, internet ruined it all! lol

This show, 24, just started in Holland too a while back. Haven't watched a single episode though. And my motto is: if you missed one, you missed'em all! :P

gatewatcher said:

FOX sucks it. I can't stand Boston Public, Boston schools aren't anything like the show. 24 is so insanely boring. Good god, this new bachelor show, wtf. I hate fox. Die.

Oh quit your complaining. More than half the reason why people like me watch TV, is because it's NOT real. Reality TV shows suck, so does that bachelor crap, but things like Boston Public don't have to deal with just Boston - what better name were they going to give it?

Black Void said:

Oh quit your complaining. More than half the reason why people like me watch TV, is because it's NOT real. Reality TV shows suck, so does that bachelor crap, but things like Boston Public don't have to deal with just Boston - what better name were they going to give it?

Complaining about someone complaining about something. Hypocricy mode on. Either agree or disagree with a person's complaints. Don't be a hypocrite by starting up your own complaining.

Black Void said:

More than half the reason why people like me watch TV, is because it's NOT real.

Producers making shows for the purpose of making people like you watch them is why TV sucks.

gatewatcher said:

Producers making shows for the purpose of making people like you watch them is why TV sucks.

Ok - I'm not going to go stirring up trouble here - but now that's just blatantly putting me down. BTW, I didn't mean you directly gatewatcher, I just simply decided to take your quote - I'm just sick of reading people's disgust about TV shows, when there are so many different views about them. So does this just plainly have absolutely nothing with what I said earlier? Yeah, but then again, this a more meaningful post - don't go bashing me down just because you hate FOX > after all, it could be worse - I could be watching PBS kids :-P

I totally agree with you on that, elbyran. My brother and I watched last season's episode as well as watching this one and I must say that this is one of the best TV shows I've seen on FOX.

....It sucks to what happend to the little girl's mom though.