Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PAVEL

My first doom map

This is the first-ever doom map I've ever made. 

This wad only contains one level.

Tested this map in GZdoom.

IWAD: Doom II

Freelook is allowed but Jumping/Crouching isn't allowed. I have no idea how to disable Jump/Crouching in doom maps ;(

Have fun, and let me know what you think! :)

900917169_Screenshot(12).png.6b961d33ff79a325881b28841ffa28d9.png

Base Profile Screenshot 2020.11.27 - 17.02.16.33.png

Base Profile Screenshot 2020.11.27 - 17.02.39.65.png

Epicmap.rar

Edited by PAVEL

Really good for a first map.

There is one thing you should change, the water pit, you should not have the possibility to simply be stuck somewhere forever, this is simply frustrating, there is 3 thing you can do for this.

• Provide a way out, either with a clear teleporter of stairs
  • Make a low or high damage sector with a way to escape either with a clear teleporter of stairs, also make sure to use a floor texture to make this clear (green nukage, lava).
  • Make a high damage sector to kill the player quickly if it is inescapable, again make this clear, I would only use the lava texture for this. Keep in mind many players will not like this option.

Edited by Delisk

40 minutes ago, Delisk said:

Thanks for the feedback, I'll fix the issue with the water pit! :))

EPICMAP

Ultra-Violence || GZDoom || A_weapons

*Deaths: 0

*Saves: none

Screenshot-Doom-20201127-181930.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201127-181937.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201127-182014.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201127-182406.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201127-182706.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201127-182714.png

A really entertaining map, with somewhat basic concepts in my opinion, regarding appearing in a kind of technological room with a certain open space as a secret, a little more in another area that also has an outdoor area, which is something that this map brings back rare memories of TNT, but to be honest, that didn't stop me from having a lot of fun playing it, since both the enemies and the mod itself made things somewhat complicated at first, not having a better weapon in the beginning and having It was only to see ammunition of bullets for the pistol, but then things began to get a little calmer, although not as much as I would expect, even so, I quite liked the concept of the map, its structure and simple but functional architecture at the same weather.

As for the enemies, it was still good to put mostly Hitscanners, along with the Imps and the Pinkys, and also to put a little stronger enemies such as the Revenant, or the Hell Knight, therefore, the function of the enemies went just as well, although by the way, in the big space of the room with the red key, maybe some grass would do it bad, or a little more decorations with the rocks, than if you felt a little sad what it was seen, although the pillars on the other side were more visually pleasing. All I will say is that you have done an excellent job here, this wad is very good, although somewhat simple and without much interest regarding the design of certain areas, but otherwise everything was great.

This is a solid first map.  It looks nice and plays smoothly.  You're doing a lot of important progression things right:  showing keys the player items like keys that they'll find later, letting them learn how the map unfolds and connects, that kinda stuff is good.  I liked your secret area, too, especially the fact you could see it before getting to it.

Ammo and health amounts felt right.  Maybe it's the fact that it's a shotgun and chaingun only map, but I thought the combat needed more heat (I played on UV.)  I liked the blue key trap the best, although I did still want more enemies there.  I had a good time, though, and these are minor complaints.

The exit was a little abrupt--it would be nice to mark that with the typical exit door or use some of those "exit sign" textures.

A lot of people dislike hearing the default map 01 music, so I'd look into changing it next time--it's very simple to do.  https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Adding_custom_music

Nice work!  I had a good time.

5 hours ago, Delisk said:

There is one thing you should change, the water pit, you should not have the possibility to simply be stuck somewhere forever, this is simply frustrating, there is 3 thing you can do for this.

Spoiler

phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-trilogy.jpg

In fact, the water pit does have a way of escape, just that you have not paid enough attention to realize it, since, for something is that it had the button literally in the middle of the area, so that you can press and thus raise the platform that will allow you to cross to the other side, I know that you had already realized this until after you activated the "idclip" trick, but in a way, it was not so much the fault of the "trap" itself that was put there, so a good part of the complaint is not very convincing to say when the evidence is on video.

I like this map. It's not the second coming of mapmaking or anything but it's a damn fine first map, reminds me of a starport like map a bit. Keep at it man, though I will say, the baron and revenant fights are kind of a slog without the super shotgun.

Good for a first, nice to see people RTFM before making a first level. Fighting a baron with just a shotgun is always a bit of a chore, but well... A little confused as to why there are blue door bars around the switch for the elevator. Keep it up, you're on a good start.

A terrific first map, mate. While it's slightly flat, there are some good uses of simple height variation that show a good sense of design, progression was straightforward, combat scenarios are basic but also fun and I liked the use of traps and monster closets. Your texture work is simplistic, but effective and doesn't make things look barebones and complements the design. There's a good sense of thought and effort throughout and nothing stuck out to me has half-baked or lazy. Honestly, really nice work, Pavel. I'd love to see more maps from you.