Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forgettable pyromaniac

I got a new laptop...

I've been moving all of my stuff over to it (SCP Containment Breach, Touhou, ect.)

I reinstalled steam without moving it from my old laptop to avoid any errors.

I recently reinstalled Doom 2, Ultimate Doom, and Final Doom via Steam, but whenever I load it up, I go to the main menu.

Options work, quit game works...

But whenever I open up the bethesda.net thing, the add-ons page, or try to get a new game, I end up getting stuck at this screen with nowhere to go.

image.png.aa3c97b922b50d56e9a70061f8c7bc84.png

Does anyone have an idea on what happened?

The DOS versions work fine, by the way...

1 minute ago, AlexMax said:

Out of curiosity, what version of Windows are you using?  And is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

Windows 10 Home, 64-bit.

Brand new install, upgraded from windows 7.

I'd probably try repairing the install from Steam just to be sure. That usually happens when the game can't load the Doom engine plugin DLL.

3 minutes ago, sponge said:

I'd probably try repairing the install from Steam just to be sure. That usually happens when the game can't load the Doom engine plugin DLL.

I think that was the issue.

I tried "repairing" it by verifying integrity of the game files.

oof.png

11 hours ago, forgettablepyromaniac said:

But whenever I open up the bethesda.net thing, the add-ons page, or try to get a new game, I end up getting stuck at this screen with nowhere to go.

I seem to recall this is something that can happen if you are missing a particular version of the Visual C++ Runtimes. It'll either be 2013 or 2015.

Edit: Oh, that was short timing, nevermind then. :V

13 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

I seem to recall this is something that can happen if you are missing a particular version of the Visual C++ Runtimes. It'll either be 2013 or 2015.

Edit: Oh, that was short timing, nevermind then. :V

I did install the C++ runtimes earlier, when downloading stuff for Slade / Mage, maybe that helped?

21 minutes ago, forgettablepyromaniac said:

I did install the C++ runtimes earlier, when downloading stuff for Slade / Mage, maybe that helped?

It may have, yes. Depending on what file it was that failed validation. That could be hard to determine, however.

7 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

It may have, yes. Depending on what file it was that failed validation. That could be hard to determine, however.

either way, it did run, which is really nice.

i'm not planning on using it a whole lot (I still perfer zandronum), BUT this is a nice thing to have for when I get kinda bored mapping for 16 hours straight :P

thank you all so much for helping me out so much ._ .

25 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

i feel dumb asking for another thing, but i just finished UDB and I got an error that i have no clue what it is.

looking it up yeilds no answers, and i don't have a github account to ask

Spoiler

***********SYSTEM INFO***********
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics
GZDB: R3274
Platform: x64

********EXCEPTION DETAILS********
RenderDevice_New failed
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.RenderDevice.CreateDevice()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Rendering.RenderDevice..ctor(RenderTargetControl rendertarget)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.MapManager.InitializeOpenMap(String filepathname, MapOptions options)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMapFileWithOptions(String filename, MapOptions options)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMapFile(String filename, MapOptions options)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.General.OpenMap()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.Action.Begin()
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Actions.ActionManager.InvokeAction(String actionname)
   at CodeImp.DoomBuilder.Windows.MainForm.InvokeTaggedAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

do i not have opengl? I swear I do, because the opengl renderer works fine with zandronum.