Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Youtube Text Title help (Blender 2.91)

^^^^This is how far I got in Blender 2.91

Hi there,

I started making a Blender 2.91 3D text title for my youtube channel, but much to my consternation I was not able to complete what I started as I was not able to replicate the steps needed to complete it via youtube tutorials. I think what I'm trying to do should take someone who knows how to use Blender 2.91 only a few minutes to do.

So here is how far I got:

First thing I did was enter text mode. I changed the text from 'Text' to 'GROTUG'. I set the extrude to 0.3 and the bevel depth to 0.2 and resolution to 8. I then converted the text to mesh. I then unwrapped using "Smart UV project" and hit enter (I did not mess with any of the settings). 

This is as far as I got as the tutorial I was watching is in 2.8 which is much different than 2.91. If someone could direct me how to wrap 3D text with a texture and how to render it so that it's ready to be exported as an FBX file so that I can hopefully import it into Davinci Resolve 16 (though I find the fusion mode to be an absolute nightmare in that program).   I'd really appreciate any help!

Here is the tutorial I was using to guide me: 

Ah cool, yeah it has been awhile since I've used Blender for anything. If I recall, from this point you might need to paint the texture in after it's been unwrapped, but I have no idea the hotkeys or anything anymore. 

You might try the tutorials at Katsbits if you haven't.

And this.

Edited by Mr.Rocket

Thanks Mr. Rocket! I figured it out. It looked terrible, though, so I ended up just using a a solid color for now.