Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coraline

I have a few questions about EDGE

I have some questions about EDGE. See, our project is running under EDGE 1.27, but I find it rather slow. Is it my system or the engine?
And I wanted to point something else out. We might be going Zdoom. So is there an easy way to port EDGE 1.27 stuff to be compatible with Zdoom? Not that I hate EDGE. EDGE is one of the easiest ports to work with. It's just buggy and crashes a few times.
Second, I have a GeForce 2 MX card. I had a Voodoo 2 card. When I ran Gledge, it worked, but when it was under my GeForce 2 card, it says that I have a software renderer. Same with Quake III and RTCW!
And what are the major differences between Zdoom and EDGE? And what would you guys prefer Resident Evil Unleashed be ran on?
And is it possible to port EDGE to nXDoom (For SDC?)?
I know it's (the list) long, but if you guys can answer these, that would be se helpful!

1) the engine, most likely
2) ZDoom is weaker for mods in the sense of adding totally new stuff, and no.
3) who knows, get new drivers
4) EDGE has DDF, RTS, room over room, swimmable water and all sorts of other funky crap that ZDoom doesn't have
5) I dun care
6) doubtful

You're better off using Vavoom. It can do the same a Edge, if you know what to do, and IIRC, it has some of the things Zdoom can do.

BigBadGangsta said:

4) EDGE has DDF, RTS, room over room, swimmable water and all sorts of other funky crap that ZDoom doesn't have

ZDooM CAN do swimmable water FYI.

Mr. NobodX said:

ZDooM CAN do swimmable water FYI.

Not as good as EDGE. Plus EDGE's water can be translucent.

BigBadGangsta said:

Not as good as EDGE. Plus EDGE's water can be translucent.

So does Legacy.

ravage said:

So does Legacy.

But can Legacy add totally new monsters, items, weapons, and new episodes to Doom II? No.

ravage said:

You're better off using Vavoom. It can do the same a Edge, if you know what to do, and IIRC, it has some of the things Zdoom can do.

Vavoom can work all EDGE stuff but run faster, via a ddf-->vavoomC converter, as EDGE like you said runs slow. Yeah! EDGE rules! I have just released Marines of UAC, a partial conversion for EDGE!!!!! Just check out the thread entitled 'Marines of UAC Released!!!!!!!!!' Thanks!

Nick Perrin said:

Vavoom can work all EDGE stuff but run faster, via a ddf-->vavoomC converter, as EDGE like you said runs slow. Yeah! EDGE rules!...etc

Actually, on slower CPUs EDGE runs faster than Vavoom. But that doesn't make up for the fact that EDGE is still quite slow and ugly as all hell...

SlayeR said:

...ugly as all hell...

EDGE isn't ugly! It can have lots of beatiful features and the GL job is fine for me, with dlighting and smoothing and resolutions and all!