Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Endless

The DWMaster Endurance Tournament #1: We endure... DOOM

3 hours ago, Endless said:

You can submit your playthrough with: YouTube videos, VODs or demos. If you do make a video, please start from the menu and show your compatibility and lightning options first.

May I be omitted from the menu requirement if I use PrBoom+'s ability to make videos from demos? Unfortunately it doesn't have the ability to show menus.

Doom.eh?

It's Shotgun Sonata time!!!

Looks like I'll choose GZDoom + recorder software to play all 3 episodes in one go. If not, 3 demos on Pr/GLBoom+ will do justice.

Edit: didn't saw TFC episode challenge. Aight.....I'll do that one as well lol

Category 3, UV, finished all three episodes. Individual times for each episode are 15:55, 16:53, and 18:29. I think that adds up to 51:17.

Didn't feel like grinding out a better time or practicing, so these demos are all my first attempts. Maybe I'll try TFC tomorrow.

DWM-pseudonaut.zip

@EndlessI forgot to mention that some GZDoom console commands like i_timescale (used to slow or accelerate time) and sv_fastweapons and similar CVARs are also considered as cheats.

7 hours ago, Krenium said:

May I be omitted from the menu requirement if I use PrBoom+'s ability to make videos from demos? Unfortunately it doesn't have the ability to show menus.

Of course, that's mostly a requirement for ZDoom-relatives users.

Edited by Endless

4 hours ago, Pseudonaut said:

Category 3, UV, finished all three episodes. Individual times for each episode are 15:55, 16:53, and 18:29. I think that adds up to 51:17.

Didn't feel like grinding out a better time or practicing, so these demos are all my first attempts. Maybe I'll try TFC tomorrow.

DWM-pseudonaut.zip

Ha! Beautiful, congratulations on becoming the first ever endurer! I'll get the leaderboard ready in a few moments ;)

4 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

@EndlessI forgot to mention that some GZDoom console commands like i_timescale (used to slow or accelerate time) and sv_fastweapons and similar CVARs are also considered as cheats.

Noted Leo. I do believe it is well known that such commands are considered cheats.

UPDATE:

The Tournament leaderboard is ready and now public to anyone that wishes to see the scores!

» Learderboard «

@Pseudonaut You can check out your score now in case you're curious as to how you did in this run.

Oh yea, is controller allowed? I cannot play doom normally because I have a touchpad, and no mouse. Using controller on GZDoom btw

Just now, LittleDuckling said:

Oh yea, is controller allowed? I cannot play doom normally because I have a touchpad, and no mouse. Using controller on GZDoom btw

You're welcome to play on any controls-setting you wish, be it keyboard or even controllers! Just follow the posted rules ;)

4 minutes ago, Steve88 said:

Ah Man I suck at doom but I'm going to have to try it because I love ep4

We all start somewhere ;) The Standard Competition is way more forgiving. But do keep in mind that E4 is part of the Challenge Competition, which is way harder and thus, challenging. Hehe.

Category 2 or 3? ... have played UD probably 5 - 10 times in total before? Not sure but I mostly played Doom 2 when I was younger :p I also have seen the speedruns for UD many times over the years... still got lost at times but overall went ok. For episode 4 I played much more safely and was very close to death multiple times.. I couldn't remember where any armor was :p 

Difficulty: UV

E1 15:22

E2 16:34

E3 12:44

Standard total: 44:40

E4 34:35

DWE1-dubz.zip

Edited by Bdubzzz : Added Difficulty

9 minutes ago, Bdubzzz said:

Category 2 or 3? ... have played UD probably 5 - 10 times in total before? Not sure but I mostly played Doom 2 when I was younger :p I also have seen the speedruns for UD many times over the years... still got lost at times but overall went ok. For episode 4 I played much more safely and was very close to death multiple times.. I couldn't remember where any armor was :p 

E1 15:22

E2 16:34

E3 12:44

Standard total: 44:40

E4 34:35

DWE1-dubz.zip

Def category 3 haha :) Also, I pressume you did UV? Don't forget the skill level!

Your score will be displayed in the Leaderboard once it's ready.

Category 3, UV, finished all 3 episodes + E4.

I blasted my way through E1-3, as I intensively played them on SNES. For E4, I had some hard time in E4M6. First I hit 4% health before luckily finding the soulsphere, then I got lost for a minute losing some health in the lava pit, and finally I wasn't confident against the cyber. I fortunately killed him at the last second. In the end that was intense but fun.

E1 13:27
E2 11:17
E3 11:00    Total: 35:44
E4 34:52

DWMET1_Pierrot.zip

Category 3, UV, PrBoom+

E1 15:27

E2 19:28

E3 15:27

Total 50:22

enduranceArbys.zip

Playing through this has reminded me how much I don't like Doom 1.

Edited by Arbys550 : Forgot more stuff

1 hour ago, Pierrot said:

Category 3, UV, finished all 3 episodes + E4.

I blasted my way through E1-3, as I intensively played them on SNES. For E4, I had some hard time in E4M6. First I hit 4% health before luckily finding the soulsphere, then I got lost for a minute losing some health in the lava pit, and finally I wasn't confident against the cyber. I fortunately killed him at the last second. In the end that was intense but fun.

E1 13:27
E2 11:17
E3 11:00    Total: 35:44
E4 34:52

DWMET1_Pierrot.zip

Hey man! Could you tell us what source-port did you use? Your intermission screen skips at the end so we think you probably used vanilla or chocolate.

10 minutes ago, Arbys550 said:

Category 3.

Haha, but... where's the demo/video? xD

IMPORTANTE UDPATE

COMPETITION SUBMISSION REQUIERMENTS:
6.      Indicate the source-port you're using.

NOTE 2 ADDED: If you're a Vanilla, DOS or Chocolate user, please don't skip the text screen at the end to the levels. If you do this it will omit the true intermission screen (the one with your time stats) in source-ports like PrBoom+ and will probably cause us some trouble tracking your total time in saveless runs. Don't worry, intermission screens don't count as time.

Also,

1 hour ago, Arbys550 said:

Category 3.

enduranceArbys.zip

I've checked the demos finals and your total time is:

E1 15:13

E2 19:09

E3 15:11

Maybe you're adding up something else? Or Am I missing something? Cause you're actually giving yourself more time haha.

Also, please don't forget to provide skill level.

Edited by Endless

I beat this 2-3 months back. I remember most of the maps pretty well, but not all of them. What category would my run fall into?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question

Edit - I'll consider it as a prepared run. 

7 hours ago, Endless said:

Hey man! Could you tell us what source-port did you use? Your intermission screen skips at the end so we think you probably used vanilla or chocolate.

I used Crispy Doom

15 hours ago, Endless said:

Also,

I've checked the demos finals and your total time is:

E1 15:13

E2 19:09

E3 15:11

Maybe you're adding up something else? Or Am I missing something? Cause you're actually giving yourself more time haha.

Also, please don't forget to provide skill level.

Crap, of course I forgot something else. That's odd that our times differ. I just played each demo, popped open the advanced HUD and recorded the time it showed there. This time would include intermission screens, so that may be the cause of the extra time.

I'll edit my post again with missing info.

11 hours ago, paturn said:

I beat this 2-3 months back. I remember most of the maps pretty well, but not all of them. What category would my run fall into?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question

Edit - I'll consider it as a prepared run. 

A Prepared Run would meant that you know and remember very well almost the entire WAD, meaning that you would quickly finish it with no major problem. On the other hand, a Experienced Run means that you have, indeed, played the WAD but lack the proper practice, map knowledge or level layout memory to actually do an advanced run. And last, of course, a First Run means is just first blind time getting into it.

In your case, A Category 3: Prepared Run, sounds about right!

Hi there !

Here my times with a link to the full record

Settings

• Port : Zandronum , no dynamic light, doom strict settings
  • Skill : Ultra violence 
  • Category : 3

I play mostly safe, and don't follow wr's routes.

Time :

10min12 for episode 1

8min46 for episode 2

6min30 for episode 3

Total : 31min26

Also, I forgot to turn off announcer, and i'm using a skin for blood and bullet decal. This don't affect gameplay at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg80zhts0Fw

13 minutes ago, Doomydeimos said:

Hi there !

Here my times with a link to the full record

Settings

• Port : Zandronum , no dynamic light, doom strict settings
  • Skill : Ultra violence 
  • Category : 3

I play mostly safe, and don't follow wr's routes.

Time :

10min12 for episode 1

8min46 for episode 2

6min30 for episode 3

Total : 31min26

Also, I forgot to turn off announcer, and i'm using a skin for blood and bullet decal. This don't affect gameplay at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg80zhts0Fw

Nice, our first video submission! Smooth run mate. Thanks for participating.

Also, next time, try not to omit the intermission screens (but since here each M8 omits the screen automatically, it's understandable.)

Your score is already up, you can check out the leaderboard if you're curious as to how you did: » Leaderboard

First ever doom speedrun, how exciting

Settings:

Port Gzdoom

Skill: Hurt me Plenty

Category 3

Time:

17:00 for episode 1

DNF for rest

Total 28:59

Getting better and currently working on the Challenge comp right now, hopefully that will be much better than this. Just wanted to get this out to say I was 5th to submit in the competition, clearly I waited too long lol, 6th is still nice tho

Using standard Gzdoom settings, with jump and crouch unbound

6 minutes ago, Yori said:

First ever doom speedrun, how exciting

Settings:

Port Gzdoom

Skill: Hurt me Plenty

Category 3

Time:

17:00 for episode 1

DNF for rest

Total 28:59

Getting better and currently working on the Challenge comp right now, hopefully that will be much better than this. Just wanted to get this out to say I was 5th to submit in the competition, clearly I waited too long lol, 6th is still nice tho

Using standard Gzdoom settings, with jump and crouch unbound

Nice try man! While you did not finish the rest of the maps, you still followed the rules so you're up for the scoreboard! You could've tried again since saves are valid :P

Your run also looks more like a Category 2, since you seem to know the basic layouts of the early maps, but you did get lost on the last maps.

Also, don't forget to provide your progress always. Your score is up an ready.

SO. This video was recorded on Tuesday 1st. Couldn't uploaded this because of wifi issues here in the sector.

Anyway. The following times are: 16:16 for Ep.1, 18:45 for Ep.2 and 15:07 for Ep.3, giving me a total of 50:08. Ultraviolence, familiar run because I don't need to prepare such a run.

However, Ep.4 was different. Died on E4M7 with a time of 20:50.

Here's the video. Changed all settings before the gameplay as said in the rules. GZDoom 4.5.0 was used in this run.

29 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

SO. This video was recorded on Tuesday 1st. Couldn't uploaded this because of wifi issues here in the sector.

Anyway. The following times are: 16:16 for Ep.1, 18:45 for Ep.2 and 15:07 for Ep.3, giving me a total of 50:08. Ultraviolence, familiar run because I don't need to prepare such a run.

However, Ep.4 was different. Died on E4M7 with a time of 20:50.

Here's the video. Changed all settings before the gameplay as said in the rules. GZDoom 4.5.0 was used in this run.

Nice! Good run mate. Pity you didn't finish E4 :P But still there's some time.

Familiar run? I'll guess you mean Category 2: Experienced Run.

Your score is up btw!