Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
we're closed

Cold Shoulder (A limit-removing, tech-base Doom II map)

I really like the screenshots, and there’s a dehacked too? Seems right in my comfort zone, gonna see if I can handle UV on this when I get home.

I'll repost my playthrough here to help advertise. Play this map people, it's really good! Video is time-stamped for Cold Shoulder.

Nice action packed map @elio.exe, I loved how the map starts, quite challenging. Visually looks really good, in a classic style.

Every battle was fair enough with room to move around or retreat, it was a fair balanced map. The exit was a bit weird but thats ok haha.

Glad you continued mapping mister.

Spoiler
16 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

I'll repost my playthrough here to help advertise. Play this map people, it's really good! Video is time-stamped for Cold Shoulder.

Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it!!

Spoiler
5 hours ago, Soulless said:

Nice action packed map @elio.exe, I loved how the map starts, quite challenging. Visually looks really good, in a classic style.

Every battle was fair enough with room to move around or retreat, it was a fair balanced map. The exit was a bit weird but thats ok haha.

Glad you continued mapping mister.

Thank you for the kind words! And about that weird exit, it used to be in a very rushed megawad as the final map of an episode, but I'm actually really glad I took that megawad down now!

Cold Shoulder

Ultra-Violence || GZDoom || Vanilla_Ice

*Deaths: 4 (1. Killed by a Revenant; 2. Killed by a Chaingunner; 3. Killed by a Archvile; 4. Killed by a Mancubus)

*Saves: none

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-211714.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-211852.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-083348.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-083800.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-083812.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-084428.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-084709.png

(Hmm... Fresh Pinky Meat)

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-084807.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-085530.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-085756.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-085825.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-090222.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-090406.png

(How funny it is to be looking for the only secret on the map, and then find out that the secret was the same exit door that should be taken... I feel cheated haha)

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-092238.png

(OUCH!.exe)

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-092314.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-092320.png

The Wad is really interesting visually, it has so many areas to explore, and although there is not a variety of textures as one would think, the truth is that it is really good with Plutonia-style decorations, and with technological areas, that really paints it. Well to a challenging map like this one, in addition, having areas with toxic green liquid without a suit that helps, is just as good, because it increases the tension that there is for not wanting to lose health when stepping on that thing, therefore I'm pretty good with the visual aspect, I liked everything in that area.

Now with the difficulty, we are already talking about something that really seems to be taken from Plutonia, because it has a really hard start, and a progress that amazes because of how difficult it is to stay alive, having so many Hitscanner, enemies with enough resistance, Archviles and Pain Elementals, all this together really is a headache, but fortunately I managed to solve my discomfort in a surprising way, although yes, some fights felt a bit horrible because most of them were in small spaces, as is the case. beginning of the level, but thank goodness it is already in open spaces, even so, the encounters with the demons were really entertaining, each one in their own style so as not to make it so tedious in a single use, therefore, you have done A great job here mate, and I'm quite happy to have been able to enjoy this map that you created, and with that explosive ending, you really did shine, haha.

Spoiler
6 hours ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

Cold Shoulder

Ultra-Violence || GZDoom || Vanilla_Ice

*Deaths: 4 (1. Killed by a Revenant; 2. Killed by a Chaingunner; 3. Killed by a Archvile; 4. Killed by a Mancubus)

*Saves: none

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-211714.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201204-211852.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-083348.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-083800.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-083812.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-084428.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-084709.png

(Hmm... Fresh Pinky Meat)

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-084807.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-085530.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-085756.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-085825.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-090222.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-090406.png

(How funny it is to be looking for the only secret on the map, and then find out that the secret was the same exit door that should be taken... I feel cheated haha)

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-092238.png

(OUCH!.exe)

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-092314.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201205-092320.png

The Wad is really interesting visually, it has so many areas to explore, and although there is not a variety of textures as one would think, the truth is that it is really good with Plutonia-style decorations, and with technological areas, that really paints it. Well to a challenging map like this one, in addition, having areas with toxic green liquid without a suit that helps, is just as good, because it increases the tension that there is for not wanting to lose health when stepping on that thing, therefore I'm pretty good with the visual aspect, I liked everything in that area.

Now with the difficulty, we are already talking about something that really seems to be taken from Plutonia, because it has a really hard start, and a progress that amazes because of how difficult it is to stay alive, having so many Hitscanner, enemies with enough resistance, Archviles and Pain Elementals, all this together really is a headache, but fortunately I managed to solve my discomfort in a surprising way, although yes, some fights felt a bit horrible because most of them were in small spaces, as is the case. beginning of the level, but thank goodness it is already in open spaces, even so, the encounters with the demons were really entertaining, each one in their own style so as not to make it so tedious in a single use, therefore, you have done A great job here mate, and I'm quite happy to have been able to enjoy this map that you created, and with that explosive ending, you really did shine, haha.

Thank you very much for the nice review, I really appreciate it :)

1 hour ago, elio.exe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thank you very much for the nice review, I really appreciate it :)

You're welcome partner, although I am surprised that both you, as Biodegradable, or possibly someone else who has passed through your Post does not feel some suspicion that I have completed this without making a single save, but hey, I think there are Doomers that also do the same.

Spoiler
8 hours ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

You're welcome partner, although I am surprised that both you, as Biodegradable, or possibly someone else who has passed through your Post does not feel some suspicion that I have completed this without making a single save, but hey, I think there are Doomers that also do the same.

It's those four deaths that take the crown for me. That's about enough I think. I haven't really seen your gameplay style, but anything really is better than mine.

6 hours ago, elio.exe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's those four deaths that take the crown for me. That's about enough I think. I haven't really seen your gameplay style, but anything really is better than mine.

Huh, thanks for the compliment, and well, if you really want to know what my style of play is like, you should stop by my YouTube channel, since there, I have some gameplays where my way of playing is perfectly reflected so that you get an idea of what I do during the game, partner.

6 hours ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

Huh, thanks for the compliment, and well, if you really want to know what my style of play is like, you should stop by my YouTube channel, since there, I have some gameplays where my way of playing is perfectly reflected so that you get an idea of what I do during the game, partner.

You should link it here, then!

This is pretty good. I like the centralized layout. There's still things to refine. The cyberdemon which teleported in was completely useless. I found plenty of places where I could widdle him down and his rockets would just hit the desk surrounding him. But there's lots of fun combat to counteract that which could use a little work. I appreciate the generous supply of cells and rockets.