Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur

Getting Sound files to work for custom weapon in DECORATE

Question

I am trying to get the sounds to work for a custom weapon using the Gauntlets from Heretic in a doom mod I am working on.

I got everything about it working just the way I want it *but* it is as silent as a mouse fart.

am I doin wrong in the DECORATE or not properly defining it in Sndinfo. ?

The path for the actual sound files is the same for all my other weapons, which do make sounds properly.

image.png.cc57ee97e8be78cec981283f08e6b037.png

gauntlet decorate.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

2 answers to this question

46 minutes ago, Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur said:

am I doin wrong in the DECORATE or not properly defining it in Sndinfo. ?

Yes.

For example, you tell it to play "Weapon/GNTHIT" but you do not define "Weapon/GNTHIT". Instead you define "weapons/gauntletsFire" as using the sound lump GNTHIT. If you used A_PlaySound("weapons/gauntletsFire") instead, it'd work.

Same for the sound properties and the other call to A_PlaySound.

By the way, pay attention to spelling! You use both weapon (singular) and weapons (plural). It's not a problem in itself, but make sure not to do things like A_PlaySound("weapon/gauntletsfire") because the mismatch can be hard to spot.

5 hours ago, Gez said:

Yes.

For example, you tell it to play "Weapon/GNTHIT" but you do not define "Weapon/GNTHIT". Instead you define "weapons/gauntletsFire" as using the sound lump GNTHIT. If you used A_PlaySound("weapons/gauntletsFire") instead, it'd work.

Same for the sound properties and the other call to A_PlaySound.

By the way, pay attention to spelling! You use both weapon (singular) and weapons (plural). It's not a problem in itself, but make sure not to do things like A_PlaySound("weapon/gauntletsfire") because the mismatch can be hard to spot.

That worked perfectly! thank you so much!