Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lirui1001

Deathless demos [-complevel 3]

Deathless E1M3 UV Fast 4:14

Decided to come back to some Dooming and saw more interest on this map, so decided to see if I could go even lower and destroyed even my own expectations.  Maybe playing other games has sharpened things up a bit, but it was a nice feeling to smash my previous time by quite a bit.  The trick really does seem to be ammo here and the Pinkies are a big wall to 100% kills, plus there is some necessary backtracking so the routing could probably be improved.  I always seemed to have better luck walling the pinkies on the elevator coming down as opposed to going the other way as some imp fireballs will helped soften them in the sluice gate section itself.

dle1m3f-414.zip

5 minutes ago, Eric Claus said:

Deathless E1M3 UV Fast 4:14

Decided to come back to some Dooming and saw more interest on this map, so decided to see if I could go even lower and destroyed even my own expectations.  Maybe playing other games has sharpened things up a bit, but it was a nice feeling to smash my previous time by quite a bit.  The trick really does seem to be ammo here and the Pinkies are a big wall to 100% kills, plus there is some necessary backtracking so the routing could probably be improved.  I always seemed to have better luck walling the pinkies on the elevator coming down as opposed to going the other way as some imp fireballs will helped soften them in the sluice gate section itself.

dle1m3f-414.zip

Nice, your previous run was in demo month and this one beats my record.

37 minutes ago, Dogmachine said:

Nice, your previous run was in demo month and this one beats my record.

Thank you! I saw your record and it was nice to see more interest in Deathless runs which inspired me to do some more runs again and see if I could improve the time on this one.  Hope you do some more!

On 8/25/2022 at 8:11 PM, Eric Claus said:

Thank you! I saw your record and it was nice to see more interest in Deathless runs which inspired me to do some more runs again and see if I could improve the time on this one.  Hope you do some more!

E2M1; UV-fast in 2:08

dl21f208.zip

Player:          Eric Claus
Sourceport:       Crispy Doom 5.11.1
IWAD:             Ultimate Doom
PWAD:             Deathless
Author:           James "Jimmy" Paddock
Map:              E1M1: "Contagion"
Category:         UV Fast
Time:          1:27.37 (1:27)

Description:  Revisiting another run on mine to bring down the time.  Managed to bring it down a bit but I have to definitely practice more and run it consistently to optimize my movement and get the RNG to line up, the barrels are nice for quick destruction of some of the enemies early on but I am having trouble pulling off using them consistently.

dle1m1f-127.zip

E1M8 UV Max in 2:01 (P1: @kmc; P2: me)

d1l8mc201.zip

@Jimmy It's funny that we accidentally picked this map to max, only to realize both sets of 2 MP only Cacos in the back of the closet won't wake up... The south set needs to walk behind the switch. The north set seems no possible to wake up by just walking round, so I lucked out with a rocket flying inside splashing both of them.